Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new race

Default Re: new race

Aine, for what it is worth, I totally agree with you

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

.......me too....!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

PVP has been discussed many times before, and decided against many times before. It would ruin the community, and the game is simply not set up as a PVP game. The devs gave those hard core PVPers an arena to fight in(which is rarely used in Chaos). If PVP was entered in to the rest of Istaria it would literally kill the game. Regarding the topic "new race" PvP has many old threads in which it can be discussed.

I am all for a new race, but when the devs have time. There are many other priorities.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

I agree. I think the Arena is a nice addition to the game,since it gives those of us who enjoy occasional PvP to have it, but the community wouldn't be the same it the game was fully PvP. It's perfect as is.

No offense lovers, but I think that race is overrated.

When I first joins Horizons, I joined because of the dragons, Sslik and Saris. Finally a game that was trying to offer an original gameplay, player wise. Not just another MMORPG where you either play as a human, an vertically challenged but facial hairs and belly gifted, a pointy ears human or an vertically challenged but brain gifted human.

Nearly all MMORPG keep reusing the same race over and over, and most are just clone of each other, minus their classes. Horizons offered a change by offering 3 non-human races and 1 semi-human race , with one offering a totally different gameplay.

Orc is one race that nearly all RPG let you choose to be. If Horizons were to add a third 'secret' race, let it be an original one, not just a Warcraft clone one.

For instance, a new griffin race could reuse the templates that dragons uses.
    Werewolf could be another biped race, freed from the werewolf island after the cure has been found.

I say, lets Horizons keep its originality, rather than seeing it turned into another cookie cutter MMORPG.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I rather like to see Lemurians or Kul'aks (don't ask me about spelling that word) in the game, no game has such races yet.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

I think HZ has plenty of races as it stands. I also think graphics problems with the ones we have should be fixed before even trying to add new ones. Things like the scrambled low level of detail model on female satyers and the texture/model design flaws on dragons for instance. Fix the old stuff before trying to add new stuff.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeap i am with call on this one, for sure! fix what is broken first, then we can brainstorm for new goodies!

but on topic - i like the thought of a playable underwater race. playing a merfolk would def be something unique in gameplay, as far as i can tell. of course, this would be an either or situation, kinda - either the race can't breath water at all and would be limited to, in effect, a whole new game with new content - horizons 2. or magic or ritual would have to exist to allow the waterfolk to exist on land, prolly with some serious disadvantages (anyone else remember 'man from atlantis'? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WnHjsH1yVc ).

but would still volunteer to test such a race!

i actually also like the thought of useable mounts and simple vehicles (wow isn't the monster under the bed - some things would really work for horizons too!) and making dragons ridable.

but we have more than enough work ahead of us!! i know these are dreams for another day.....but i dreamed of egypt for 25 years before i finally got to go, so all dreams can be realized eventually!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

A little off topic- but I was just thinking of the mounts you mentioned. I think mounts alone would be a really fun addition. Steeds of some sort would be awesome...

I like the idea of mounts too, riding dragons- eh. I know my character would not be too excited to let someone on her back so she can ferry them around. Perhaps if people could ride on a dragon's cargo disk instead, that'd be a nice way to do it. I also think Dryads should be able to fly, I mean, they have wings after all right? And you know how you can walk side ways using the [] keys? Well, I'd like to be able to do barrel rolls while flying using those keys. I love flying, and I think it's be fun if we could do more that up, down, forward, backward and turn from side to side. Anyhow, yea, off the main topic, but meh. Oh yea, and I like the idea of an under water race. There's so much water in Istaria, its all waisted space unless we can use it some how.

Horses would be great, and add another feeling of 'epic' to the game, to go galloping around Istaria on one. Maybe put in some boats/ferrys that carry players short distances, maybe to shorten some routes for bipeds?

Carts are another thing that spring to mind. Maybe one or two that would carry bipeds and hatchlings along normal roads at a slightly-faster-than-sprinting pace? It would just have to move along a path and be a platform for players to stand on (and not fall off). Just to make those long hauls across the vast Istaria a little faster.

The one thing I've heard as a major Istaria complaint is that it's so easy to get lost - finding stuff in this huge world is insane.

But I'm personally glad there's so much free space right now - lots of room to add in new things, new communities and all that. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Avalina View Post
    I also think Dryads should be able to fly, I mean, they have wings after all right?
    I'd be more than happy if they could glide like hatchies did on Blight.

^^ yes gliding for Dryads would be nice

I would agree that they should get glide as well with maybe a faster drop rate then dragons? As they require proximity to the ground to fly.

Thread Information