Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Vista

Default Win 7

Well I am glad they finally started working on it. Last piece for new machine should be here friday. Then it's no Istaria till they get it fixed.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Default Re: Vista

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSuns View Post
    What version of Vista do you have? I might be able to help.
    Windows Vista Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by phreekbird View Post
    *pokes Galde =D

its Cren Cren =D

Anywho- I am on 64bit Vista, still no love ...

I have:
    - Disabled UAC.
    - set computability mode to xpsp2 on each executable i could find.
    - set run as admin on each executable i could find.
    *i am running .net v3.5

Anyone have any ideas as to what else i could try? I am currently getting my HZ fix using a very old and crappy laptop =D but still, i want to use my main rig to play.

Thanks in advance. Crenshinibon of the Order Shard
    Have you tried this? http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...&postcount=105

I've yet to try it on 64-bit though. Anyway I'm stuck in Guernsey without internet from right now until Sunday night.

Good luck!

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Venge View Post
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Oh and I just noticed it's 64 bit.

Venge Sunsoar

Quote Originally Posted by Venge View Post
    Oh and I just noticed it's 64 bit.

Venge Sunsoar
    Yeah, that be the problem. If it were 32 bit I could help but...

I had your rename-fix working in vista 64 bit for a few days and it worked quite well. Now I paused with HZ for some time and today the fixe didn't worked... it crashed in msvcrt.dll, although I renamed the .dll in system32 dir.

I did a search of C:\ for msvcrt.dll and found one in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\. I knew this folder already and I know that it has copies of many system dll's for whatever reason.

So, I tried renaming the msvcrt.dll in that folder, too (which was a bit of a hassle with rights.. I first needed to own the file and then allow my user full access) and HZ did start working again. I rebootet 5 times now and every time I could start HZ after applying that "fix".

Maybe that helps somebody... (I hope that fix will continue to work tomorrow ). I even wrote a *.bat file that does all the work for me.

I added it as template with some instructions. Of course, you can't use the *.bat file to update. But you can just run the updater via the webpage, let HZ crash and then run the *.bat file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Read the thread one down from this one (at the time of this post) It is called Vista client? It has an official fix to try. It worked for me. I could not log in, had the "Stops working" error, after doing the latest update they said. As soon as i copied the files they have linked it logged me in no problem.

Yeah, looks like the days of my backdoor Vista fix are over, and people can log in just fine now, regardless of what Windows OS they have. I'm glad things are working, either way.

I'm still using your fix, Heart

~Galde

Well I guess it'll still be handy until all the bugs are worked out of the new fix...

Thread Information