Thread: Auction Issues

Default Auction Issues

Posting this for Velea:

There have been reports of various problems and oddities with auctions in a variety of ways.

Please know that I'm watching auctions very closely, though I am going to give myself some time for sleep so I don't get cranky. In the morning I'll continue to review the ending of auctions in any community that I haven't already looked at. Some communities are ending just fine, others are displaying odd bid amounts, others are not ending on time, others are ending and taking the money but not displaying ownership correctly, and most are having trouble with the Plot Information window once the auctions do end properly.

We're working to fix these problems as quickly as possible, but ask your patience while we make our way around the world of Istaria. I'd also ask that you spread the word in game to those who do not read the forums that we're aware of these issues. Please ask them to hold off submitting a support ticket because we ARE aware of the problems, and are fixing them as quickly as possible. If in a few days there are still problems with auction results, we'll ask people to open tickets then.

-Velea

Default Re: Auction Issues

Posting again for Velea:
    We will be restarting the servers in 15 minutes.

I apologize for not giving much notice here on the forums. We made an announcement in game a while ago, but I forgot to post here as well.

Shard restart for Chaos and Order at approximately noon (EST) today. No ETA on how long this will take.

It will, however, hopefully fix problems with people unable to work with existing structures on their newly purchased plots. It will also hopefully fix plots wrongfully marked as "Condemned".

On a side note, what it probably will NOT fix is the error message people get when trying to purchase a plot that is up "For Sale" right now that says the plot can not be sold for 24 hours. When this message appears, it means the community itself purchased the plot less than 24 hours ago and is subject to the timer. This is an issue we just discovered when plots went up "For Sale" after auctions. Hopefully after all has settled with auctions these plots will be able to be purchased starting this weekend and we'll work on a long term solution to the issue.

Thank you again for your patience, and please enjoy Istaria.

Default Re: Auction Issues

Status update:

Order is back online.

Chaos is being ... well... Chaotic, but it is still being worked on. I apologize, but no ETA.

When servers come up here is what we know from Order:

1) Plots that were purchased before the restart can be worked on normally. The "plot bug" was solved by the restart.

2) About one-fifth of the plots that had been available at auction returned to "Condemned" rather than "For Sale". We are still trying to track down why this happened, but expect to have a fix for Tuesday's regular maintenance. If you believe that you won a condemned plot at auction (you had a bid on it before the auction resolved, in other words), please submit a support ticket with the plot ID and shard.

3) The vast majority of plots not won at auction are now available "For Sale" for their Imperial Price. These should be available for purchase sometime over the weekend, though the reports are mixed at this point whether they are immediately available or if the wait period is causing a delay.

I do truly thank everyone for their patience through all this. Hopefully soon plot auctions will all just be a memory that we can look back on and laugh.

Thread Information