Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Auctions

Default Re: Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    This is not always true. I've "bugged" the my plot on live by selling it between alts on the same account.

Sorry, Summerbreeze, it's a great theory and were it true it would help figure out what's wrong so it can be made right faster. But it isn't always the case that selling within an account works, just like it isn't always the case that selling from one account to another always causes the bug.
    Okay so what is one to do when they buy a plot and find it bugged? Wait until the next maintenance hoping the server reset with resolve the issue? Submit a support ticket with all the pertinent information? ... After the "emergency" reset of the servers to close auctions that had not properly ended many plots listed for sale reverted to the condemned status. After Tuesday's maintenance a plot I had been looking at (as well as all others I saw) were no longer listed as Condemned and were now For Sale. I bought the one I was interested in and was disappointed, but not terribly surprised to find it bugged. I am listed as the Owner, coin was deducted, I can rename the plot and access storage etc. however I can't set permissions or see completed structures therefore I can't decon anything and rebuild. I'm sure I don't have to describe the bug to anyone. I DID submit a support ticket Tuesday evening and have not heard anything yet. I know the support team would love to get rid of this thorn in their side but as a returning player I am at a loss. Is it just an accepted fact that when you buy a lot you stand a good chance of it being bugged and will have to wait until the next server restart in hopes that it will be fixed?

Dot

Quote Originally Posted by Skaladar View Post
    Okay so what is one to do when they buy a plot and find it bugged?
    1. Wait for a server restart
    2. Trade said plot to someone (I've only tried this with alts since the 24 hour window doesn't apply to them.. I'm told it doesn't apply to any player to player selling in general, but haven't tested it myself) and then trade it back.
    3. Submit a trouble ticket that probably won't get answered by the time #1 happens (some do, some don't, depends on their workload).
    4. Wait 24 hours and sell it back to the community for a full refund (less a 5% restocking fee) and don't worry about it anymore.
    5. Get upset about it, storm around the house, kick the cat and stomp on the toothpaste and anything else that's helpless.

All good options.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

I kicked the cat. Twice.

(It was the neighbor's cat)

I'm strongly against kicking the cat, any cat, even the neighbours one. (may your plot be bugged for eternity!)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

My friend had tha bug several times, it goes away if you trade your plot between chars that are IN THE SAME ACCOUNT. If you trade it to a other account the plot gets furbared.

I know it's just a bandaid, but it helps.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Problem is, how do people do when they have only one sub ? :/

Has the cause of that bug been figured out ?
    Last edited by Zexoin; October 24th, 2008 at 12:07 AM.

Well, I didn't think you could do it but I was able to sell the plot to an alt on the same account for a nominal fee and sell it back again a few minutes later. No waiting period, no error messages and all the correct confirmation messages. Now the plot does show the completed structures. I can set permissions for the structures and it is listed properly when I check the plot in the community survey. Most important of all is I can deconstruct the unwanted structures. Oh joy ...

Oops, not so fast in my celebration. I can in fact destroy structures but it is not returning the Novian resources to my vault. I started with festival decoration which I know don't return anything then went to a fountain which didn't either. I logged out and back in just to make sure it wasn't a matter of something not updating and then tried a silo ... Still no go! Now I have a plot that for all intent and purpose is working properly but I can't destroy anything without losing the resources. Just to check, I built a small stone walkway and deconned that and the Novian WAS returned. I updated my support ticket with an explaination and "twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was" (who recognizes that reference? :-) and can only hope for the best. Oh, yes I did also check the alt and he has no idea where the Novian went either :-) ... Anyone have any ideas?

Dot

"twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was"
    did they use it as evidence against you?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

hey, when i told them i was in for creating a public nuisance, they accepted me!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Well, I didn't think you could do it but I was able to sell the plot to an alt on the same account for a nominal fee and sell it back again a few minutes later. No waiting period, no error messages and all the correct confirmation messages. Now the plot does show the completed structures. I can set permissions for the structures and it is listed properly when I check the plot in the community survey. Most important of all is I can deconstruct the unwanted structures. Oh joy ...

Oops, not so fast in my celebration. I can in fact destroy structures but it is not returning the Novian resources to my vault. I started with festival decoration which I know don't return anything then went to a fountain which didn't either. I logged out and back in just to make sure it wasn't a matter of something not updating and then tried a silo ... Still no go! Now I have a plot that for all intent and purpose is working properly but I can't destroy anything without losing the resources. Just to check, I built a small stone walkway and deconned that and the Novian WAS returned. I updated my support ticket with an explaination and "twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was" (who recognizes that reference? :-) and can only hope for the best. Oh, yes I did also check the alt and he has no idea where the Novian went either :-) ... Anyone have any ideas?

Dot

The first one takes awhile. I just hit the first structure and wait until it returns novians, sometimes (depending on the time of day) it was taking about 2 minutes to show up. Once I got the first novians, the rest worked right away.

.... I can in fact destroy structures but it is not returning the Novian resources to my vault. I started with festival decoration which I know don't return anything then went to a fountain which didn't either. I logged out and back in just to make sure it wasn't a matter of something not updating and then tried a silo ... Still no go! Now I have a plot that for all intent and purpose is working properly but I can't destroy anything without losing the resources. Just to check, I built a small stone walkway and deconned that and the Novian WAS returned. I updated my support ticket with an explaination and "twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was" (who recognizes that reference? :-) and can only hope for the best. Oh, yes I did also check the alt and he has no idea where the Novian went either :-) ... Anyone have any ideas?

Dot
    Be sure you open/load your vault before starting any decon process, and it will go smoother/faster.

hm, weird things happening. I started to plan my plot. Due to an interference with my neighbours plot i did tear down all scaffoldings. Now they are gone, but the plot construction window shows them still under construction. When i try to plan another building on the same spot i get an error message about the deleted building still being planned there. Guess i need to wait for a maintainence.

Further, when planning the layout i was not able to see all buildings moving when i shove them around. Some were shown, some were not (but all showed as scaffolding, once set for building).

I get the error about buildings not showing up in the mini-plan map. I can see them on the plot when I hit add, but I have to either move them around by hand (not happening when you have to fit them just right) or just highlight them and delete it.. turn your character so you're facing where they drop when you hit add.. and try it again. If that doesn't work.. move your character to another angle, face the center of the plot and hit add again. Once you can see the structure (probably with the roof rendered when it pops in since you're facing it) turn the character away so you can just use the wiremode planning since it's more accurate).

Thread Information