Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Auctions

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Auctions

I don't have a character on Chaos. I know on Blight, my plot was empty until a couple months ago.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Both Chaos and Order are now offline. See the Announcements for details. Hopefully they won't be down for long as the general assumption was that a server restart would clear up many of the bugged plot issues but not all. I have my fingers crossed as I would really like to be able to work on my new plot this weekend and I can't do so in the current state it is on ..

Dot

How long are the shortest server restarts? I know it may end up being longer, but I don't want to keep coming back to check if there's no point. Just after a rough estimate.

Is it restarting? I'm at work, haha.. I curse the day I subscribed automatically to threads.. I keep getting these emails..so naturally I have to reply!

Not sure on the minimum.. I would imagine it will get shorter as time goes on and the plots get leveled (I would hope anyway) and there's less lines of database to manage for storage.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by algenon View Post
    How long are the shortest server restarts? I know it may end up being longer, but I don't want to keep coming back to check if there's no point. Just after a rough estimate.
    About 3-4 hours is normal, but can extend due unexpected reasons.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thanks Takora.

Ugh, so according to the announcement the error I was getting "That plot was bought less than 24 hours ago and can't be sold" is because the community bought the plot? So we have to wait 24 hours for it to be sold, then wait another 24 hours to do anything with it..

Hey, at least we can still buy them after 24 hours... at least that's something.

I'm just glad it's not a glitch I was getting by myself!

Order is back online and I am happy to say that all of my plot permissions problems have been resolved. As far as the community goes, all 5 plots in Selen that were listed as Condemned remain listed as Condemned. I can't say what the status is for plots still listed as For Auction but it appears some additional work needs to be done to make those plots err, un-Condemned (or Comdemned as it is spelled in the survey) ... I'm glad I waited for the restart. A guildhouse I came very close to deconstructing was full of goodies even though from the looks of the plot I would have thought it close to empty. I hope others have as much luck with permissions and the other various bugs in their new plots.

Dot

Apparently all the structure-bearing non-owned plots on order are back to "condemned". I can't find a single one that's for sale.

According to what we heard when a dev was in the game, they will stay that way until the server restart on Tuesday.

At least most (if not all) of the issues with the plots/lairs were resolved with the restart... Lady V even came and personally addressed some plot/lair concerns shortly after the shard went back online.

Thanks Lady V!

Unfortunately at least 1 plot is now condemned that wasn't up for auction... so I'm curious if another plot repo occurred.

It seems as though there was another reclaim, perhaps they're automated now. I did notice after this restart that there were some I had not seen before.

There are reports on Chaos that trading plots is resulting in the plot structures bug cropping back up again (not appearing on list). I don't know the % of incidents.

I actually had the opposite happen to that myself on chaos, I had a lair that I had the window open and crashed... when I came back it was totally bugged, couldnt even rename or sell it.... untill I managed to notice sell was available for a second or two when I opened the window, I managed to get the sell dialogue open and sold it to an alt and back and had access again.

Soraii

Well, just a note on the Bugged issues after selling to a player. If you sell to a seperate account the plot becomes bugged. If you sell to an alt on the SAME account it will unbug the plot.
    Blacknite - Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Summerbreeze View Post
    Well, just a note on the Bugged issues after selling to a player. If you sell to a seperate account the plot becomes bugged. If you sell to an alt on the SAME account it will unbug the plot.
    Kind of an incentive to get that second account I suppose, or wait until tomorrow afternoon, either way.

This is not always true. I've "bugged" the my plot on live by selling it between alts on the same account.

Sorry, Summerbreeze, it's a great theory and were it true it would help figure out what's wrong so it can be made right faster. But it isn't always the case that selling within an account works, just like it isn't always the case that selling from one account to another always causes the bug.

On Chaos, Plot 2090753, Pelli community.

My completed structures appears to be OK. I am breaking down the plot to swap with another player, and I could access their storage and decon them with not problems.

However, the partially completed building with cash on it did NOT let me manage it to remove the cash before decon. As I do not want to lost the cash, which I understand is lost on decon, I figure the issue needs addressing.

Basically, if I directly click on the building, the manage tab is grayed out. If I use the Plot info screen, the button is active (not grayed), but does nothing when I click on it, even if I click on the building.

Also, I am under the impression you did not want us submitting tickets on auction issues until you had a change to fix the obvious bulk problems. Is that still true, or should I go ahead and submit a ticket (or wait until after maintenance, and submit then if still broke?)

Balagor

Light a man a fire, he's warm for the night.
    Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his like.

Unless something has changed and we weren't told about it...deconning a structure with coin on it...drops the coin into your pocket book. I've seen it happen instantly, and I've seen it take up to about ten minutes.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    This is not always true. I've "bugged" the my plot on live by selling it between alts on the same account.

Sorry, Summerbreeze, it's a great theory and were it true it would help figure out what's wrong so it can be made right faster. But it isn't always the case that selling within an account works, just like it isn't always the case that selling from one account to another always causes the bug.
    Just to say I had exactly yhe same experience as summerbreeze, 2 plots which were swapped between different accounts one in genevia and one in acul both on chaos both became bugged, and stayed bugged no matter how many times I swapped with all different characters, then when I transferred them within the same account both plots became unbugged.
    Btw when I trasferred between characters on same account was not to specific player but just by putting for sale to players for 1s. Then the other char buying it, both characters present at the plot. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricgriff View Post
    Just to say I had exactly yhe same experience as summerbreeze, 2 plots which were swapped between different accounts one in genevia and one in acul both on chaos both became bugged, and stayed bugged no matter how many times I swapped with all different characters, then when I transferred them within the same account both plots became unbugged.
    Btw when I trasferred between characters on same account was not to specific player but just by putting for sale to players for 1s. Then the other char buying it, both characters present at the plot. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Well Ssarek & I transferred the 3 new plots we got at least 20 times in the last week & this held true for every transfer we did. Not sure what to say but I do know of others on Chaos who tried the theory & had the same results.
    Blacknite - Chaos

Actually not only do I not get to manage the work in progress, the decon button is greyed out too.

Thread Information