Thread: Thinking about coming back

Question Thinking about coming back

Greetings all, I have been away from Istaria for about a year. I started playing when the game first launched. I'm currently playing WoW and WaR. Part of me misses Istaria though. I'm thinking about droping either WoW or WaR and coming back to Istaria.

Is the game still laggy? I have a new quad core system with 4 gigs of ram on the way. I've also read that Istaria doesn't work with Vista, is there a work around for it?

I had a plot when I left, but I'm sure it's been reclaimed. Now if my plot is reclaimed do the novians go to the bank? How about items stored in the structures? This could be a biggie for me. How is the plot situation now? Are there still ghost towns all over the place?

How has the world events been? I loved the community in this game. Always nice and helpfull, in WoW they tend to be 'leetists. Is the community still friendly, or have they turned to leet to care?

Thanks

Bathnor the Bald

Default Re: Thinking about coming back

1. It still eats memory to a degree, yes, but with a good system as what you seem to be getting you wont have a problem.

2. Work with Vista?...sometimes. some people are able to get it going with vista, most people can't. There are threads on how some people have gotten it running. Check them out, may work for you.

3. Structures stay up during the reclaim/auction. So, no, novians dont get returned. If the plot gets cleared, the structures are deleted.

4. Being that the server populations are not huge, there are areas with not very many people owning plots.

5. Not sure exactly what you mean by world events, there are events such as the upcoming Fall festival. There were story and mask making contests. the winners of which get their stories/masks put ingame. If you mean like the freeing of the dryads type of event, I refer you to the latest developers desk for info about the blighted labrynth.

6. The community is still awesome and the best in the game world IMO. I very rarely hear/run into 1337 types. We are still friendly and helpful, and from past experience, we tend to train newcomers to be the same hehe, or at least try to.

Hope this helps you out, and remember you can always do the free trial to check things out
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Ok that answers a lot of my questions. I do have one more though, what about items that I had stored in structures in my plot, do those get returned to my bank? I don't know if I could come back if they didn't because thats where most of my cargo and regular armor was stored.

The items stay in the plots inventory. If somone buys your plot, the items go to the new owner since he can access the inventory of the plot.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thats .. not good. Guess I can't come back then because I'll have nothing to wear while I craft or hunt. I remember getting the stuff in the first place was a pain in the butt. Anyone have any advice?

.. ask for help on makeing new stuff . i'm sure they well help you get back on your feet .
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Take a trial account. Get in the game and check if your plot with your stuff is still there.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I have an XP machine running the maximum amount of RAM (it's 4GB in hardware, but I'm running XP32bit) and a Core 2 Duo Pentium processor. Even without my video card, I was experiencing none of the 'lag' in game. With my video card, things are extremely smooth for me. I suspect over extended periods of play I'll get more slowdown, but that's just because the game still doesn't free up memory properly.

Since I've joined the game in January, I've had very good experiences with the community. I've only really played on Order so far. =) I'm sure that even if you can't get your equipment back, others will be willing to help you get back on your feet in the game.

I have found that HZ runs smoother on older systems running minimum requirements! I can't get it to work on any high-end machine I've tried so far...

Thread Information