Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition for portals to Ker'tis, Kir'Drakul

Default Petition for portals to Ker'tis, Kir'Drakul

Being the proud new owner of the guild town Kir'Drakul and having once wanted Ker'tis Its been noted that both lack portal in locations anywhere nearby. This makes building and traveling to both very tedious and nearly impossible to hire crafters to build due to the long travel times.

On behalf of myself, my guild and the owners of Ker'tis who are similarily dealing with this issue we wish to request portals to our communities as others in the world of Istaria enjoy.

both Aedan and Serenity have these with attunement quests..it seems this could be possible for us as well? would appreciate developer feedback on this request and hope it is one that is deemed reasonable for consideration and hopefully implementation in the future.

Thanks in advance

Signed by Akuluxtraxas. Istarian since beta and loyal through all its bumps in the road and resellience

Default Re: Petition for portals to Ker'tis, Kir'Drakul

Landing pads at least seem to be a staple of normal citys and guild communities, Lacking these landing pads does make these dragon communities seem less wanted or desireable then even non-guild individul lairs.

I dont see adding these as attunable destinations would hurt anything aside from making these guild communities actually seem feasable for the guilds so their member would want to build there and not buying up lairs elsewhere

Soraii

I would sign on to this too, only makes sense really.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

why such a late petition? should have been done before auction ends?

maybe then others would have been interested in this area too?

@ontopic recalls and gates/pads are already ingame and so i think every area should have the same chances/possibilities. so i agree to you, but the personal advantage thing is a little bit disturbing ^^

Considering Prior to this, Kir'Drakul has never been owned, on Chaos at least, And it wasnt won at auction really so there was no bidding on it, it was just "purchased" by someone walking up to it. So as it wasn't won by anyone when the request is put in really doesnt correspond as much with auctions but the realisation that the guild community on trandolar and drakul are basically the only guild communities without convinient landing pads. The landing pad just makes it somewhat convinient for the guild to work on their community instead of deciding it's too far and buying elsewhere.

Soraii

i own a lair in ker'tis and it is such a pain to get to it even from rifts edge it a wile with a disk on

Definately need a pad nearer to them. I did a little work on Ker'tis (if thats the one near Rifts Edge)... would take 5+ mins per round trip ugh!

Yeah that is the one way up at frozen lake N of the rift

A portal nearer to that area would be very nice, I've considered moving there a couple of times, but the distancefrom the nearest portal just isnt worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas View Post
    Being the proud new owner of the guild town Kir'Drakul and having once wanted Ker'tis Its been noted that both lack portal in locations anywhere nearby.
    Make sure you ask for the right thing: a pad, teleport pad, or landing pad. You might cause confusion by using the word "portal", especially since both actually have portals (or gates) near by.

This makes building and traveling to both very tedious and nearly impossible to hire crafters to build due to the long travel times.
    In the meantime, try offering a good incentive and advertising it. I'm sure that there are dragons in need of some coin to either buy a lair or recover from auctions. Try starting off with an easy-to-get-to consigner and a promise to buy specific completed resources placed on it within a specific price range. Example: "WTB 600 Imbued Bronze Bars, place them on the Dralk consigner @ 500c-750c each".

Cant edit initial post anymore but correct landing pad =) just to as said clear any confusion.

I have to agree, both Ker'tis and Kir'drakul really could use landing pads.
    That said...if we're adding pads, I also think a pad on the eastern part of the Rift in Trandalar and one on the western half of Drakul would be a godsend. I mean, does anyone voluntarily live in those places?
    Chaos's self declared Emperor of Trandalar

...Only when they are the only available lairs... so.. for the time being, most likely no.

Soraii

Quote Originally Posted by Eonis View Post
    I have to agree, both Ker'tis and Kir'drakul really could use landing pads.
    That said...if we're adding pads, I also think a pad on the eastern part of the Rift in Trandalar and one on the western half of Drakul would be a godsend. I mean, does anyone voluntarily live in those places?
    the western end of Drakul already has a landing pad.

and yes, i voluntarily have a lair in soklifak. i am even bound to it.

I thought that was part of the charm of those locations... the remoteness...

If a portal is in fact added, i think an attunement quest along the same as serenitys would be needed (dragons only).

My 2 Dimensional Scepters of Radiance

Having recently started to enjoy the benefits of a portal and landing pad in South Gate I can sympathise with the need for similar near these communities. I know dragons can fly there in a straight line rather than having to use twisty roads but it still takes time, especially hauling a disk full of building materials.

I think it would encourage players to move to the area if it was accessible.

In short, I support Akulu's request

Definitly like attunement quest idea and agree.

as far as remoteness? it may seem charming but it makes actual construction very tedious and grind heavy. There is a reason both have either not been owned or very minimally built since their addition. (at least on chaos)

building high tier buildings is tedious enough without long travel times. I know Kir'drakul is over 5 mins w/o a disk

Id like to see more scenic lairs like Drakul falls at Tea and Aiya but a landing pad doesnt hurt that from what ive seen..mostly the lairs just arent in the more scenic areas

There is a reason both have either not been owned or very minimally built since their addition. (at least on chaos)
    thats correct! and 5 mins without a disc sounds a lit bit long (flying or moving?)

i remember my plot in Aiya (the one on the top)

no road, a long way to walk, maybe 2-3 mins w/o disc

but its a game mechanic and its intended (for price and popularity calculation ^^)

and i dont think that the devs will make a new quest for 1 landing pad (does the quest editor work?)

btw. for equality: how many plots/lairs meet the same condition? a long way to get there?

Actually 2 port pads and guild communities and plots are not the same. Also looking at past requests id hope they consider this as they did those.

If it was such an intended feature i dont see why every other guild community has one. As mentioned above other communities have received them upon requests.

I also cant see where it is harming anything..in fact it may cause players to actually build and utilize 2 of the 4 dragon based communities in game. I doubt the developers added them to be unwanted and minimally built..at least id sure hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    thats correct! and 5 mins without a disc sounds a lit bit long (flying or moving?)
    Flying... with the best velocity buff and with the ancient speed.

It's equivelent of porting into Kion and flying to the gem mine outside Sslanis basically 3/4 the length of Lesser Aradoth.

I do agree that there needs to be more landing pads throughout drakul and northern Trandolar, but for now with the recent reclaims there are plenty of individul lairs fairly closer to travel points. But without shorter access guild members of the guild that owns those communities are more likely to get a closer lair unless they like being out in the middle of no-where. Hard to be a community without community transportation.

Soraii

Thread Information