Thread: Plot planning bugs

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Plot planning bugs

I don't know how this is related to auctions and the other bugs, but something I just noticed is that the Sandstone Wall, Archway pieces have a problem. When using the align feature, these archways will go through other pieces and off the edge of the plot. Other pieces align to the center of the archway opening, not to the edges of the arch.

Also, when aligned, the archway will no longer accept movement by the Move buttons, regardless of increment used.

Same sort of thing for the wooden large archway with ivy.
    Last edited by C`gan; October 19th, 2008 at 01:39 PM.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Re: Plot planning bugs

It's always been that way. Also with all walls. Hope that can be fixed.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, I think it's the align feature itself. All my pillars went both outside the plot (not by much) as well as overlapping walls (again, not by much). Though, when I go to move them, the default placement no matter how much I adjust the move increment is the center of the side of the plot I'm working on.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Also with trees.

I don't think these are new bugs. I've always had issues when I set up a plot, put up some thing to the border using the auto-align button and hit build.. always get the message "Structure x cannot be built because it's outside of the property" or something like that. So I have to move it in one or two clicks at like 5 or 10 per move and try again.

The issue with not being able to move structures once you hit the side by using the movement keys.. you've gone too far to the side and it gets stuck basically. If you align out (the opposite of the direction it's stuck) sometimes it will come free, but most of the time I have to delete it and drop a new one in and just be more careful as I approach the sides of the plot.

It also helps if you're moving just the outline of the structure and not the rendered icon (sometimes when you're in planning you'll get some structures with rendered celings instead of a square or block). To fix this, just turn yourself while in the planning screen (don't have to exit out) so you aren't facing them.. they should go back to the basic shape or square, circle, etc.

Not fixes, just bandaids.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Another band aid is placing a split fence at the border and align with that (to prevent the outside of the property bug).

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

If any structure gets stuck "outside" the plot border, you can just click and drag on the rendered structure within the game window and drag it around as well. It's a little less than precise doing it that way, but it will let you get the structure back inside the plot borders so you can use the planning buttons again.

Thread Information