Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight Delta 153

Default Re: Blight Delta 153

Bitter Pickle looks pretty good to me, though I think I may have caught it while it was being updated or something. Halfdan's quests are indeed repeatable (or at least the Ribeth one is; I haven't found the cap for the others yet.)

I like the actual model for the water elementals, but I'm not too keen on them having a green particle effect or such an epic-looking death animation on a mundane mob. I wasn't able to catch the particle effect for Water Blast, so I'm not sure if it's not displaying or I'm just not seeing it.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Ok was not able to get the quest till i went into a lvl 100 craft school , nice if he said that , but when i got the quest from twig it was all to make master stuff that only he sells the master formula for : adamantium sheeting
    radi ess sphere
    steelsilk bolts
    Thornwood timbers
    Trav block
    I must have missed something how can i make these items if only he sells the master formula to make them and i can buy them unless i get rank tokens from him, I can not find the kill ## npc any longer to do it that way . ?
    catched 22'ed

I think the NPC with the quests is inside the tower at the outpost? I will check that when I get home.

Burris is next to frig tallowar, he gives the kill xyz quests...

And knut doesn't sell any alcohol or ale =(
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; October 22nd, 2008 at 10:19 PM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I went to Burris , but I had to delete all the other quest i had to get it from him the evading army quest and the kwellen hide quest
    So I got it now thanks , but Im still confused on the master craft quest tho.

In the area just inside the front gates to The Pickle, in the area 40-50, is a level 90 tavernkeeper. Seems a bit out of place.

Were the caps redistributed by level or mob? Not once, EVER, have I gotten my own Ribeth Rice Sake cap, yet in the first 5 minutes killing lvl 35 ale elementals I got two. This used to be one of the extreme rares, along with granny niffles, and one or two others.

Is there any reason to actually kill the higher level elementals or do all elementals/ghosts drop all caps? Do the higher levels have a higher chance of dropping, or maybe dropping more than 1? Just wondering why anyone would kill the T5 stuff when you can farm the low level stuff..there is plenty of em.

Great googly moogly they respawn fast. Much faster than even way back in the original version. I killed the lower level ghosts fast enough to get the 3 quest caps in about 3 minutes. I did have a couple of corpses insta-poof on me so the spawn may be outpacing the region max spawn.

What are the other tavern caps for, anyway? Am I missing another quest giver that wants the other tavern caps? Might I suggest putting a gold or silver border around the Tavern caps? Something to distinguish them a little? Maybe color the black symbol on them gold or something.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; October 23rd, 2008 at 09:12 AM.

Couple of other observations. Tequila elemental wanders away from the Keg area. Used to be a sort of mini-boss there. Lot of gin and tonic elementals where there used to just be 1 of each, the two of them travelling grouped. Was kinda cute seeing Gin and Tonic together *grin*.

Champagne was *yawn* even at level 102, but didn't have his bubbles with him. Maybe they were just late to the party? The "bosses" only seem to drop 1 cap now where they used to drop up to 4 or more. They were targets because they had a greater chance of dropping the uncommon and rares, has this changed?

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    In the area just inside the front gates to The Pickle, in the area 40-50, is a level 90 tavernkeeper. Seems a bit out of place.
    He wanders through the whole place. That's what the Tavern Keeper does, he keeps an eye on the whole of the tavern.

Were the caps redistributed by level or mob? Not once, EVER, have I gotten my own Ribeth Rice Sake cap, yet in the first 5 minutes killing lvl 35 ale elementals I got two. This used to be one of the extreme rares, along with granny niffles, and one or two others.
    About 10% of the caps are rare, 10% of the caps are more common, and the other 80% are all the same. The difference now is that for the larger sets there's at least one rare. But basically you got lucky.

Is there any reason to actually kill the higher level elementals or do all elementals/ghosts drop all caps? Do the higher levels have a higher chance of dropping, or maybe dropping more than 1? Just wondering why anyone would kill the T5 stuff when you can farm the low level stuff..there is plenty of em.
    Yeah there's a reason. It's called gaining experience appropriate to your level. The point of revamping the area was to give players who aren't uber-peds or level 100 dragons a chance to experience the region as well. Sure you can farm the lower level mobs if you want, but what's the point? To get bottle caps faster, yes. But what's the point in that? The reward over time, be it coin (which is higher at higher level mobs), or experience, is better if you are hunting close to your level rating.

I considered tiering the whole region, bottle caps included, but there wasn't a good way to do it that would also leave the overall experience what it was before the revamp AND open the region up to a wider range of levels.

Great googly moogly they respawn fast. Much faster than even way back in the original version. I killed the lower level ghosts fast enough to get the 3 quest caps in about 3 minutes. I did have a couple of corpses insta-poof on me so the spawn may be outpacing the region max spawn.
    So there's your reason for hunting closer to your level. You don't over run the spawn.

What are the other tavern caps for, anyway? Am I missing another quest giver that wants the other tavern caps? Might I suggest putting a gold or silver border around the Tavern caps? Something to distinguish them a little? Maybe color the black symbol on them gold or something.

Drev
    Yes you're missing a quest. And if someone would like to do a new texture for the special caps, that would be great. Art isn't my forte at all, and our art team is already heavily over worked.

Couple of other observations. Tequila elemental wanders away from the Keg area. Used to be a sort of mini-boss there. Lot of gin and tonic elementals where there used to just be 1 of each, the two of them travelling grouped. Was kinda cute seeing Gin and Tonic together *grin*.
    Tequila is now a "regular" elemental with a bit more of a challenge to him because of his friends. And there are multiple levels of tequila mobs now.

Champagne was *yawn* even at level 102, but didn't have his bubbles with him. Maybe they were just late to the party? The "bosses" only seem to drop 1 cap now where they used to drop up to 4 or more. They were targets because they had a greater chance of dropping the uncommon and rares, has this changed?

Drev
    I didn't change the Champagne mob at all, so if he's a yawn now he's always been a yawn. Bubbles should show up, not sure why it didn't.

The bosses actually didn't have a greater chance of dropping uncommon and rares. They used the very same loot table as the other mobs. It's just when you hit it multiple times, it is going to seem to have a greater chance.

The only "boss" elemental is the Champagne one. The rest are now part of the regular tiered. Ghosts have a few more "boss" type mobs and those do have a chance to drop multiple caps.

Probably very different than it was in the "original version", and definitely different from the area just for around 10 levels worth of experience, and I don't promise that further tweaks aren't coming, but going to watch how it plays out longer term before making too many more changes.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    And if someone would like to do a new texture for the special caps, that would be great. Art isn't my forte at all, and our art team is already heavily over worked.
    I'd love to do that. *patches up a Blight client so I can grab the files and get started*
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    I'd love to do that. *patches up a Blight client so I can grab the files and get started*
    Yaay

How's this look?

And here's a new default icon:
    Not often seen, but it is used by a few things. The existing one is plain yellow and slightly misshapen.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    How's this look?

And here's a new default icon:
    Not often seen, but it is used by a few things. The existing one is plain yellow and slightly misshapen.
    Lovely work!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Looks good to me. I was thinking something along the lines of a single shader that could be applied to all the icons (less work)--a simple color blend, turning the black to gold or "silver"-- but individual icons works too

Drev

Thread Information