Thread: Slightly Modified Character Creation

Default Slightly Modified Character Creation

I think it's about time that making a new character didn't require going through the main site. Especially because it requires digging up IE and dealing with all its bugs and crashes just to get into the game. Why not make something in the stand-alone launcher that will do this?
    <----clicky!

Default Re: Slightly Modified Character Creation

hmm you dont create new chars every day so i dont think that a new way to create one is necessesary

do you experience big problems there? crashes?

I did a few months back, when I went to make a character, that was really just a load of unnecessary frustration. But I bring it up know because I was just talking with a friend who was having difficulties with IE crashing before it'd let him start the character-making process. He got things working eventually, but it took some doing. And, really, how difficult would it be to make this a launcher-based process, anyhow?
    <----clicky!

The only difference between character creation on the existing login site versus the new launcher in development is the presentation. Other than that they both utilise exactly the same existing methodology to create a new character.

In the meanwhile I encourage you to post specifics regarding these 'crashes' referred to when using the existing login site. By posting information that can be used to help eliminate problems you'll be doing us all a favour! Unfortunately the non-specific nature of your report means that there is literally nothing that a developer can do to reproduce the circumstances and find out if there is a problem needing fixed.

I have no specifics to give because I'm not the one who was most recently experiencing the problems, so I couldn't get any details of what was going wrong. More than likely it was an IE problem rather than a website problem. I'm sure it'd be just as much of a solution if the website supported Mozilla more, since Active X doesn't like to load under that browser.

If they're planning on implementing this into the new launcher, then great. That's what the purpose of this topic was. I wasn't trying to draw attention to a bug; rather, I wanted to suggest a different method to go about a certain task.
    <----clicky!

I find that I get a hang up in the character creation screen if I have the loadingscreen set to false. For some reason it will not go through. But as son as I turn the loadingscreen back on it goes through just fine.

Not sure, but I feel this would kinda fit here since we're talking about the launcher. I think it'd be nice to have the character creation there in the launcher as well. I hate going through the site, its just a pain in the butt if you ask me. But I'd also like something where we can switch characters with out having to exit the game, wait for it to shut down, and then re open the launcher, select the other character, wait for the launcher to run through the files, then log into the game. Pain in the butt!

Thread Information