Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festival Crypt Spawn

Default Festival Crypt Spawn

Not quite sure where I should put this, as I don't think it's a bug and it's not really a suggestion. So, yeah. x3

I just noticed that as the years go by, the spawn at the crypt is getting progressively slow and limited. There used to be spiders and zombies outside the crypt and there also always plenty on both levels within it.

This round it seems like its a tease, or maybe I'm just coming at the wrong times.

The only place worth searching for candy is near the tomb and when there's more than two people it's either a scramble for the next zombie that spawns or a waiting game for one to spawn near you. When there's more than a few people, it's just a mess and everyone comes off as being greedy to get a piece of candy. xD I know there's always the option of going trick or treating, but the zombies and stuff used to be a lot of fun when there were tons of them.

Was there a reason for them to be decreased so much?

Default Re: Festival Crypt Spawn

They weren't decreased. At least, not that I can tell. The only areas to "turn on" that I could find are where they are now. And number wise, I didn't change anything with them.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I wouldn't worry about it to much. give it a week and it'll be empty again once the 'oldies' have their masks.
    It is a sweet place for any Char under lvl 20 to gain lvl's thou

Yes, I intend to huant that place once it's old news. I just miss how there was once and endless supply no matter how many people where there. Last year there were zombies on the upper level of the crypt and now it's only a meager supply of spiders.

Something must have been changed accidentally or missed becuase I know it's not the same. Even so, I'm glad it's still around at all - Fall festival has always been my favorite event. :3

I think alot does depend on how many people are there at one time.
    Yesterday, Slee had the place to himself for a while and was literally being bombarded by zombies from all angles. About 4/5/6 at once, and only standing in the one part of the crypt. c:

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

That's the thing though, if it's not empty, it becomes a competition between players. Like I said, though, I'll just wait till its old news and go from there. :3

yeah I noticed the spawn was slower than last year too

Yes the spawn is much slower. I have been there with no one there and hardly any spiders. The zombies in the crypt area are more plentyful, but still looks slower then before

I'll agree that it does seem slower. Last year one of my hatchies could stand and gather with AOEs and never be 'stealing' or bothering the others in the area. This year I find that I only pick one zombie or spider off every few minutes for fear of seeming greedy- even if there are only one or two other players in the area.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Well, at least I'm not the only one noticing it. At least now I don't have to worry about having lost a little more of my sanity. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    I'll agree that it does seem slower. Last year one of my hatchies could stand and gather with AOEs and never be 'stealing' or bothering the others in the area. This year I find that I only pick one zombie or spider off every few minutes for fear of seeming greedy- even if there are only one or two other players in the area.
    Same. Something was definatly changed. I recently hunted with only one other dragon in the area and we could only pick them off one at a time! This is far from last year where I could sit in a ring of zombies.

i found it odd when i encountered the monster keeper who said some of the monsters got out and were roaming around on the hill, but there were no spawn there. i think the monster keeper is mistaken...?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    i found it odd when i encountered the monster keeper who said some of the monsters got out and were roaming around on the hill, but there were no spawn there. i think the monster keeper is mistaken...?
    In the past there used to be a 2nd spawn, just outside the festival grounds.

From what I saw this spawn isn't "activated". However this one wasn't active last year either.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

So no word on this?

I found a SS from last year.

This year I tried to duplicate this SS by dragging all enemies I could in the festival grounds to one spot. The most I could get to follow me was 5. There is no way you can tell me "Nothing was changed in the spawn" if I am alone and still have to chase down single zombies and wait for the next ones to spawn!

If this is to be the spawn rate, maybe the price of masks and costumes needs to be adjusted so they are easier to get.
    Last edited by Shian; November 6th, 2008 at 05:17 PM.

It's probably one of those cases where something happens that no one can explain because it was a sudden and seemingly arbitrary software quirk.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Just to help my memory a bit, last year the event was triggered by a WM that was invis standing there and spawning the mobs right? So the mobs where not generated by the system they where generated by the WM right?

So the devs can be sure right when they say they didnt change the spawn of those mobs.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Uhhh.... unless there was one standing there 24 hours for nearly 2 months, I sincerely doubt that.

No it was an invisible WM bot that did stand there for 2 months. I remember that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    No it was an invisible WM bot that did stand there for 2 months. I remember that as well.
    If that's how you define a "spawn region", then I guess you're right.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Their must have been 2 then as the zombies also spawned at the top part of the blight aswell as the crypt area. The spawns wern't linked last year but they are now. You can kill the spiders in the top part and they won't spawn back alot of the time unless they been killed from the crypt area too.

I remember this well as i hunted dead spiders for kala there, about 2k of them and i can say without any boubt that the spawn is different and slower than last year.

Thread Information