Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official. Obama 44th.

Default It's official. Obama 44th.

I hope we survive.

Default Re: It's official. Obama 44th.

He is getting a heck of a mess to clean up.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

well, he gets the same 4 years as everyone else!
    i am just glad election year is officially over.........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

People should hope -he- survives. He's likely made it onto someone's hitlist.

I personally didn't care who got it. Just as long as they didn't screw the US up anymore than it is. And Awdz is right, he's got a heck of a mess to clean up. It'll be a long process, for everyone. All people can do is hope that it works out.

Congratulation, USA!

"Our" candidate did it
    (we here in Gemany already "voted" for him early this year-
    you might have seen the pictures: Obama in Berlin),

I myself- well- am VERY happy, ( *waves to all far away over the pond*)
    besides all huge probs that have to be solved everywhere.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; November 5th, 2008 at 05:02 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Edited - Stating your opinion is fine, flame baiting is not.
    i hope Nostradamus is wrong about his predictions

It is Historic yes

I wanted a Presedent to be a girl or African Amarican butnot some one that is going to drive the us economic off a cliff not like it was far from it to begin with
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; November 6th, 2008 at 02:15 AM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I agree with Lov, glad he did it. It's gonna be a big change from the past 8 years in my opinion

I've been thinking of some way to reply here. Consider this preempting trouble.

I noticed that there is nothing in the forum rules about real-world politics, which is kind of rare in forums due to the volatile nature of those topics. It is my hope that the community here can behave in such a manner that the rules don't need to be amended to prohibit the discussion of real-world politics. We're an international community here, and being able to share each others' political issues can help us understand each other. (Permitting discussion here also acts as an outlet and diverts discussion in-game, where it's far more disruptive and less likely to be accepted.)

That being said, try really hard to keep away from posts that say things to the effect of "We're right, you're wrong", as well as (in)direct personal attacks on individuals, and endless, circular rebuttals. In other words, don't single out or make people feel singled out, don't disrupt the forum, fill the thread with cruft, or make more work for the mods. I think if those guidelines are adopted and followed, there is no reason for VI to step in and set more rules.

Share your opinion but don't correct others. Who cares if the other person is "wrong"? This isn't the place to correct them.

Anyway, as far as Obama goes, I have high expectations of him. I hope he continues to work to earn the respect of people, American or not. I also hope that his future term will continue what his campaign has done -- raise interest amongst, and focus the attention of a generation of people which has been largely apathetic towards political issues.

Big congratulations to Obama, I know many Americans as well as the vast majority of the rest of the world are extremely pleased that he has won this election.

There are a few of you who seem to think that this is all very bad news for the USA. Bull. When there are a lot of people soaking up the bull such as what is posted on http://www.conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama then it is easy to understand why so many ludicrously false statements are coming out of people's mouths.

*Edited in regards to the deletion of an earlier post* Obama won fair and square, and I am glad that McCain had the good grace to accept defeat quickly - and with only two racist retaliatory statements in his speech.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; November 6th, 2008 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Edited in regards to an earlier edited post

I am glad that Obama won, hopefully he will be a good president of the USA.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I think it's a good thing he won with such a large majority so there is no question about the fairness of the victory .
    Congratulations to all that voted for Obama and to the republicans under us, hope you can be good losers and better chance next time.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Its offical now we're an Obama-nation! :P Im glad he won, it's about time we got someone in the oval office that cares for the little guy and not the big stupidly rich oil exec. I had respected McCain until he decided to choose Palin as his VP, IMHO, as a woman, that was just insulting to think he could get my vote just because he chose a canidate that was woman rather than because of quailities/experience/whathave you.
    Im currious to know Lightening Claw why you dislike Obama so?

I'm just going to say that I'm incredibly relieved that Obama won, yet worried about what ScaleIron brought up more than ever.

And...

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    ...what?

Please explain how you feel he cheated?
    Seconding this. Wtf.
    Last edited by Dremora; November 5th, 2008 at 12:59 PM.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Congrats to Obama! May his changes be for the better and as previously stated, keep the interest of the people who were previously apathetic toward such matters. :3 I'm looking forward to his term of presidency and excited for what may come.

I'm just going to say that I'm incredibly relieved that Obama won, yet worried about what ScaleIron brought up more than ever.
    I'm sorry, but it's been bugging me since the campaigns started. Yeah, the US doesn't approve of discrimination in any form (hah...) but I've seen it all first hand. Against race (in the South, where my family is from, and even here in the west), against religion (I've taken hits for this, because my beliefs are very different), against gender (also taken hits from this, I'm a female working in a male-dominated field; automotive repair), and against sexuality/gender expression (this too, admittedly... but I think it's cause I work on cars and had my hair short for a long time o.O ).

No matter what other people say, it's out there, and people will act on it. They acted on it during the election year, and it made me sick. There will be others that will react more strongly, and the only thing everyone else can do is watch out for it and prepare for it accordingly.

I just want Obama and his family to be safe. No one should have to go through it.

I say let History be the Judge! Between the two I preferred Obama personally. I can't help but think that McCain was just another Bush. The States does not need another Bush.

I wish Obama and his family well.

Rakku

I watch whole thinng in uk up till 6 am and wow it was great I am so happy maybe now europe can stop hate you in american and work together for about world :3 wish obama luck he going need it after all bush did

Oh good point rember NO MORE BUSH YAY
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

I'm glad Obama got in. I wouldn't have really minded McCain, except he had that (insert not so kind descriptive here) of a woman as his VP pick. I just did not like Palin, period.

Hopefully this will set off some positive influence to Canada as well. The states is a mess, I hope Obama can do some good for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    Take a look at George W. Bush for an example of someone who had people rigging the system to get him into power.
    Now, now, Bush won fair and square in 2000, 5 votes to 4.

I'm both happy and relieved at how the election turned out, but of course it's actions and results that matter. If McCain had won, I'd be wishing him the same success I wish for Obama, because we're looking at some very real and serious problems and need some real solutions.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora View Post
    And...

Seconding this. Wtf.
    Actually I'd be happy if that part just got modded out. I'd rather not hear some 'explination' that just stirs up trouble and debates within itself. There is a reason politics are not discussed on most modded forums.

And kudos to our new president. Here is hoping he does more than Bush. I too am a little afraid of the racial issues. I really don't get it.

I didn't get to see anything.. all I got was an announcement at some 4 pm over the intercom on the plane: "For the US citizens on the flight, we now have a new president!"

Now, now, Bush won fair and square in 2000, 5 votes to 4.
    LOL! Well, I like the fact that we were all pressed to be more active, but I certanly did not appreciate the automated phonecalls 4x a day. I voted early.... leave me alone

Thread Information