Thread: Wisp Monster

Default Wisp Monster

Wisps Generate this essance, we syphon to make orbs.

Instead of Having a Enraged Wisp, Have a Wisp Monster Created by Wisps..

A certain amount of wisps with maximum essance levels, Maybe 12 Wisps..
    Take maybe 2 hours to conjure themselves into this Wisp Monster, Boom..
    Wisp Monster watches area.. Waiting for an unsuspected crafter, Ahh..

A Crafter Approches this area, Spies the Wisp monster, A Little battle takes place.. Wisp Monster is defeated, Boom, 12 Wisp Crash out of it..
    -------> Time to Gather

Default Re: Wisp Monster

I can hear the players that will start to whine "Omg the whisp monster killed me!"

Leave the whisps be, or bring back more enraged, for the sanity.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

let's get the wisps back to wisp island please before they start forming wisp monsters!!
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

If we had anything like wisp monsters, they would need to work like golems, i.e. some fields have them, others don't. The problem with this is that wisps already have guarded fields, and these fields are guarded by treants. Treants therefore already fill the niche this wisp monster would most likely fill. Another problem is I don't know if it's possible from a programming standpoint to spawn things on the death of other things, so any wisp monster would probably be a seperate entity from the wisps themselves making it a wisp golem-equivalent.

On a semi-related note, it might be nice if wisps would group up, I think. That way if you're in one of those areas with a slow or sparse spawn, you have the chance to find a pack of wisps instead of just one.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    That way if you're in one of those areas with a slow or sparse spawn, you have the chance to find a pack of wisps instead of just one.
    For some reason, that makes me think of the glowing wisp field in Drift Point. If those wisps ever decided to band together...
    <----clicky!

Hmm.. well one angle could be that the life force of this wisp monster would be the generating essance of the 12 wisps.. And if this crafter or crafters could endure its punishment and just syphon its life force, it would be a unstoppable supply of essance. At least for 1 or a few maybe..

It could battle with treants posibly to move em back.. If this wisp monster was just conjured and a mess of treants jump it, It would callaspe and take a few trys to build up strength, before getting swarmed. And take over the forest..

It would hafto start out at a low health lev, and build to posibly a unknown maximum.. Maybe it could level up for reaching this unknown maximum..

But the draw back would be no Loot, the only treasure being the Tamed wisps.

Thread Information