Thread: to link or not to link...

Default to link or not to link...

Would there be anyway to link all the public consigners across Istaria so the all items from any public consigner could be seen from any public consigner?
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

Default Re: to link or not to link...

It's not all that necessary since we have a consigner search on the community site. One problem with that though, is that players can create consigners and they would probably hinder such a system. If there was a way to link all city-based consigners that might be nice, but I personally sort of like from an immersion PoV that they aren't linked.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

With the racial town consigners, it'd be possible in theory.

With the player-built ones, there'd be no way. The reason for that is the player-built ones are temporary and can be removed at any time.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Just Racial towns to me then would be a good idea... Anybody else agree?
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

Have you tried the consigner search on the community site?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I don't think linking consigners is a good idea... well, actually, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I'm going to assume you want to link consigners so that items on one consigner can be listed and purchased by trading with a different one.

First, from a technical standpoint, items on consigners are owned by the consigner. Implementing a unified consigner system would probably involve some hefty modification to the simulation logic and database.

Second, linking consigner inventories opens up an exploit: place tons of stuff on one consigner, port over to where you need the stuff to end up, and buy it from a nearby linked consigner. Plugging that exploit will almost certainly result in making unfavorable changes to existing consigner behavior. It's better to leave good enough alone.

That being said, I would not object to being able to (only) list the inventory of another consigner, however, as LO pointed out, that function is somewhat available already, in the form of the community site consigner search.

Slight tangent: I would also not object to some sort of system where you can "order" stuff from one consigner and have it delivered to another one -- transported by another player who has nothing to do and wants a bit of coin.

This is already done for the racial city consigners. There's a link on the main page to consigners search.... Good idea! Already implemented...
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Laughing Otter,

Yes I have tried the Consinger seach on the community site, it would be a nice feature if it worked. I see that it lists cargo gear in Dalimond, i don't think it been there for awhile. This is on Choas that i looked at, maybe Order is different.

Edgewood

A little bump here,

I have tried on various ocassions to use the consigneer search on the community site. Everytime I do I get the same results for the items I search for on Choas. This has been going on for over a month now, so I do not think that it is working as intended.

I just put it here, if no response I will start a new thread.

Don't you threaten us! haha.

I'd be curious to get some official word on how often this is supposed to refresh.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Thread Information