Thread: Vault sizes

Default Vault sizes

Just been announced that next patch on US servers will reduce our vault sizes back to normal
    [http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=14634#14634]
    One question will our reverting be delayed by at least a month cause the US have plots and silos to store their stuff in and we don't even have plots for a min of 2wks?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Default Re: Vault sizes

I think when plots are buy able for a few weeks it get back to normal
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Shiza

Quote Originally Posted by Onnidrah
    I think when plots are buy able for a few weeks it get back to normal
    Well, that seems logical... but since when was the world logic? Not to mention Hz? [8-)]

Fed Apocalypse

i hope they do itat Unity 2 weeks or more after last plot auction is over no

Guess it would be to much to ask/suggest that, when player buys/wins bid on a plot; a 'timer' to when vault reverts to normal starts from that point!
    Would give people a fair chance to sort out their plots and vault items etc. after so long waiting on plots it would be nice to have that extra edge (building & storage wise)[;)] Plus for example if player(a) gets first plot in release, while player(z) gets last plot (in relation to time btw) .........Then vaults are returned to normal ie: player (z) seems to have gotten a raw deal[:'(] *man I hope I'm not player(z) [:O]

Foobar Fu

Quote Originally Posted by Taynn
    *man I hope I'm not player(z) [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]
    It wouldn't be the end of the world...........you could always submit a name change request [;)]

Unai

And what will happen to the techniqued items that lost techniques, that here in europe we're still keeping in the vault waiting to be fixed?
    They occupy a lot of bulk space and,when vault sizes will switch back to normal capacities, there won't beroom enough to keep storing them...
    Will there be a fix or not? Should we delete them or are these were-teched items be restored eventually?
    I've heard no answer from any dev about this issue and I have a 1 month old case opened in the support website waiting for an answer :(

hmm i hope GN will delay the vault decrease because we lost several weeks without plots and it would be fair to support us

but i dont think GN will apply the patch very fast so we will have at least a delay of 1 week, maybe more

I am almost certain it won`t be reduced until after all the auctions are complete. They couldn`t very well reduce our vaults to their normal size when alot of Novian resourceswill still be present..........Me hopes [;)]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Cylian Golas
    I am almost certain it won`t be reduced until after all the auctions are complete. They couldn`t very well reduce our vaults to their normal size when alot of Novian resourceswill still be present..........Me hopes [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

You never know..[:P]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

yepz
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

I'm one of those with a bunch of novian ressource left.
    With the new structure requiering less ressoure per type, I ended up with lots of timbers and blocks from building the new tiered structure rather than the old models.

This shrinking is really bad.
    Dave changed the game my adding hundreds of 'useless' item, yet he don't see the need for us to increase the vault without having US to do the sacrifice. Because, yes, you can upgrade it. But I find spending a gold to add a mere 1000 bulk, 100 items extremely ridiculous. No low level can get a gold that fast, and yet, they have to suffer the new trophy and component drop like everyone else.

Dave may not see the need to a free Vault base upgrade, yet 10 of thousands of players say the opposite.

I already lost all my guildmate because of the last crafting change (we were mostly a crafting guild), I don't want to lose more player.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

For the beginning crafters and in my case hatchling dragons this enlarged vault is the best thing that happened to us...
    In essence I use this increase mostly as an easier way to increase my crafting lvls, when I was lvl 35 craft I at 1 time had a mere 30k of uncut gems in the vault...
    which after it was crafted gave me about 3 craft lvls and quite a nice sum of cash for the hatchy I was back then...
    The vault size is terribly important for crafting in the early stages of a player esspecially now that the devs removed the crafting equipment at the fields and we must store it somewhere...
    Most of the "useless" items in a later stage used in tech-crafting hardly uses any bulk, but the uncrafted "raw" resources take up quite a little more bulk...
    I would more prefere only a max of items (for example 100, but with a max of 9999 per item) on the vault instead of a max on items & on bulk and for a "upgrade" payment the max amount of items is increased by maybe 10-50 or even more...
    This would makecrafting more interesting I should think, at least for those with the patience of collecting loads and then craft it all or for people who just want to have some resources in storage...
    I was playing only 3 weeks before they changed everything and I fail to remember the original bulk size of the vault, but I do remember me fearing my scalepack would grow larger then my vault size...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

An alternative I'm for would be a buffer: to be able to hold an unlimited amount of bulk for 2-3 item, and keep the limited bulk for everything else.

That would allow people to store the material they need to apply, the ressource needed to craft when there a nessessity for multi-ressource to be crafter (scales, jewels, etc), or simply move the ressource from the processing area to our personal area without recalling over and over (since there's a vault in nearly every community now).

it would be most illogical to reduce the vaults before the auctions are over...thats why they made the vaults like this in the first place aeh...not even AE & GN could be ignorant enough to reduce it before that time...

Dragoniade, thats where silo's come in....low item stack, much bulk.
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Vault sizes will be obviously reduced only once all the auctions are over.

Luca, but pls make it earliest one week after all the auctions are over, so we have time to get the plot-ressources, which are in our vault, to get out.
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Only one week????

I truly hope it is longer than one week.

Rainbow

Yes. But you cannot fill the silo from anywhere. You have to physically go to the silo with the small capacity you have on yourself.
    With a vault, at least you could store it temporarely at the gathering point, and the delivery it to your silo without porting 100 times. And that's for those who have silos to start with.

Unai

Luca, will the vault's size "obvious" reduction wait until the techniqued-items-that-lost-techniques issue is solved? Those bugged items I'm keeping in my vault have a nonzero bulk weight :\

Thread Information