Thread: Vista Exile

Default Vista Exile

well, as my new laptop came with vista, and i dont feel like fakking it up trying to make XP work on it (and nothing but HZ gives me trouble) so i am going back to Vanguard until such a time as HZ is playable again.

I will continue to attempt to log into HZ (until my sub expires) but if it doesn't work when i feel like it, i shant be on.

Hope vista fixes soon!

Default Re: Vista Exile

Interesting failure of the chat filter...

yeah, glad i noticed that before edit cap hit

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    well, as my new laptop came with vista, and i dont feel like fakking it up trying to make XP work on it (and nothing but HZ gives me trouble) so i am going back to Vanguard until such a time as HZ is playable again.

I will continue to attempt to log into HZ (until my sub expires) but if it doesn't work when i feel like it, i shant be on.

Hope vista fixes soon!
    Install it, run the silentpatcher via the website and then just reboot it until the game works... It will eventually work. I have 3 systems that have vista that the game works on right out of the box.

Might have to make a hole in your firewall (depending on what firewall you are running and/or your program control programs also, but you should get a prompt the first time if it's not el-cheapo ware)
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Install it, run the silentpatcher via the website and then just reboot it until the game works... It will eventually work. I have 3 systems that have vista that the game works on right out of the box.

Might have to make a hole in your firewall (depending on what firewall you are running and/or your program control programs also, but you should get a prompt the first time if it's not el-cheapo ware)

the problem is not patching, i can get around the silent patcher being funny. the problem is that the client .exe doesn't run, and by the time i have rebooted twenty times i am no longer actually interested in playing. so, like i said in my original post, I will continue to attempt to log into HZ (until my sub expires) but if it doesn't work when i feel like it, i shant be on.

Well, I hope you can get in eventually
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post

When I first attempted Istaria on Vista it was after the Server Pack 1 RC beta version was out. I read reports in here of people applying it and could run Istaria consistently. I installed the game and applied all the things suggested in the consistently working under vista thread. The only thing I didn't do was the apply that .dll file. I could run Istaria no problems. I didn't have to keep rebooting my Pc. It worked every time.

Then the official Vista Sp1 came out and I removed the RC version and applied official service pack 1 release. Since then I can patch up the game, but I keep getting an error when it comes to load the Horizons.exe. Like others I can't be bothered to sit there and reboot the Pc over and over again. I did try, but was loosing the will to live by the 10th reboot. I turn all my Pc's off at night anyway so there using 0 energy whilst I sleep.

This Dec I did a reinstall of Vista and subbed and tried again, but I get the same deal and can't be arsed to reboot after and over again. So I just hope one morning before my subs run out I'll turn on the Pc and it works. I can at least have a wonder around Istaria.

Thread Information