Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plot ... no more wait

Spiritalker

Default plot ... no more wait

So far, AE got cash trouble .... we waited from june to August (2 full months)
    Us shard got merge ..... we got 1 month for bid, then we got merge (1 more month)
    Now, seems you can't fix the auction, and even if u could we ave to wait 1 MORE month for it to run ......

1 month, we can understand
    2 months we were patient
    3 months , u put us on the edge
    Now am only desesperate .....

Only to say ... RELEASE the plot .... we can buy them directly in 2 days with or without token, any way in best time only 600-650 players for about 1150 olds plots and 600 news.

With merge u take the most important thing to player: identity (with their name), What do we care about THIS plot before THIS one.

All we want it's to play .....

Default Re: plot ... no more wait

I agree this is now beyond a joke but they just cant release the plots for general sale. The uproar that would cause would be immense. It would then degenerate into a camping fiasco with those that can be online at time of release getting precedence over all others.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

We have been asked to postpone the start of the auctions for just a few days since a vital person involved in this part of the project is going to be out of office for a few days thus making impossible to receive any support in case of unexpected issue.

Considering all the problems we got with the previous auctions we prefer to wait a few more days and don't take any unnecessary risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni

We have been asked to postpone the start of the auctions for just a few days since a vital person involved in this part of the project is going to be out of office for a few days thus making impossible to receive any support in case of unexpected issue.

Considering all the problems we got with the previous auctions we prefer to wait a few more days and don't take any unnecessary risk.
    Can we ask please how long is a couple of days? Are we talking next week or longer?
    Do we know how long the auctions are going to be going for?
    Is there going to be a list of auction end times?

Think like always they cant give a good ETA
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Unbelievable is the only word that springs to mind after reading your post, Luca.

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni

Is this an unforseen emergency in which case it really is just one of those things. Or a planned or casual few days in which case its a travesty of communication which someone needs to take control of.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Elkandriel

So are we getting vault resizing patch next week[:|]? Or can you apply vault size patchat different time than other patches?So Ittakes for some peopleuntil december to get plots... not fun

Quote Originally Posted by Elkandriel

So are we getting vault resizing patch next week[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-8.gif[/img]? Or can you apply vault size patchat different time than other patches?So Ittakes for some peopleuntil december to get plots... not fun
    We cant get that patchnext weekit just couldnt happen and as I very much doubt they will ever try and patch EU different to NA again I guess it means tomorrows patch (if it happens) will be the last one we get for a month or so.

Only other solution is to try to again make a different patch for EU servers.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

I was unlucky enough to start playing the game when all the plots had long since been bought up. I waited. Waited. Waited.

Finally plots started to be released by removing them from inactive accounts but you decided to release them during the day, whilst I was at work. Then it all got screwed so they were all recalled, then released until monday. Never got a plot on that first run.

So I waited. Waited. Waited.

Next few months new plots appeared, but the good ones all got snapped up, only res plots were left and they served no purpose, only recently has this changed.

Still no plot. So I wait, wait, wait.

Then news of the merger, whoohoo. Lots of new plots in late August. So I wait, wait wait. US merger, no new plots, merger patch on EU, still no auction. All through september I wait, reading the forums for news, updates; went and played EQ2 beta through October, waiting for plots to be released, for the dust to settle so I could see what plots were available.
    Come back at the end of October, in time for EU merge, and guess what....

I am still waiting. Sheesh.

Elgorond

Always the same. Please wait and wait and wait and ........... [*-)]

Astron

With so many questions asked about when the plots are released, why do you only now tell us that one guy isn't in the office so it can't go through. It can hardly be that ONLY this guy knows how it works?

We've just received the communication that this person will be available through the next few days, therefore we should be able to start plots auctioning later today when the shard goes live.

In a few hours we will have acomplete list of the auctions end time.

And I hope thatAE are not likely to pull the rug from under your feet and make you have to change the information that you have just given us again, Luca.

I suggestthat this key person's backside is glued to his chair, any leave requests that he has submitted is not approved and he is regularly dosed up with antibiotics and vitamins to lessen the likelihood of him falling ill and needing to go home.

Good luck Luca with implementing our long awaited for auctions.

Rainbow

Foobar Fu

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    I suggestthat this key person's backside is glued to his chair, any leave requests that he has submitted is not approved and he is regularly dosed up with antibiotics and vitamins to lessen the likelihood of him falling ill and needing to go home.

Hehehe I almost feel sorry for him/her...............almost[6]

Foobar Fu

Quote Originally Posted by Bleri
    It would then degenerate into a camping fiasco with those that can be online at time of release getting precedence over all others.
    Going on[ap] [ip]Bleri? *wicked grin*

Plot auction fiasco (never-ending)vs camping fiasco (one-off)? I too just want the whole thing resolved/over.If there genuinely are more plots than activeplayers thensell em now - be done with it. Lets get on with the full game and rid of the auctions splash screen.

imho

[:D]

Con

<manuallyquotedbecauseimtoodulltodetectanyquote ingfunction>

Luca wrote:

We've just received the communication that this person will be available through the next few days, therefore we should be able to start plots auctioning later today when the shard goes live.

In a few hours we will have acomplete list of the auctions end time.

<manuallyendingquotebecauseimtoodulltodetectany endquotingfunction>

Good news! Very good news, and almost very unexpected.

Seems you finally realized that in this cruel world of evercompetitiontwo great enemies (who shall not be named here) have preparedtheir forces andare now ready to strike within the next few days. If we/EU then do not have any plots to help in our defense, Frodo will surely be caught and Minas Tirith will fall.

Thank you and that "vital person" (the AEinstructor I suppose) for your efforts, since it probably includes working overtime.

Varaenion

p.s. how do i quote? [:D]

Anulaibar

Quote Originally Posted by Con
    p.s. how do i quote? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    For some reason quoting does not work for me, unless I press back and then press quote a second time... So I've had the same problem...

Good news .. finally auctions starting soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Anulaibar
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Con wrote:
    p.s. how do i quote? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

For some reason quoting does not work for me, unless I press back and then press quote a second time... So I've had the same problem...
    The first time loged into the board and trying to quote does nothing but loads the button-grafixx for the Editor and seems to forget the quoted text.. but after that it does work here.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Con

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTiny
    The first time loged into the board and trying to quote does nothing but loads the button-grafixx for the Editor and seems to forget the quoted text.. but after that it does work here.
    Thank you. [:)]
    My failure was quite fundamental: I didnt even find a quote button. [:$]
    But as with T5 Techs -you just have to keep on searching to get your personal heureka.

Thread Information