Thread: Calling tech geeks need some help

Default Calling tech geeks need some help

well it appears i took off more than i can gold rage with this client computers.
    a variety of odd ness happened and i need some help.

I preformed a computer matince on a system that needed it badly. had some 30 programs to run at start up, and 4 anti virus program on the same pc. so i clean out her start up Programs Used Ccleaner then removed all 4 anti virus programs and Picked Norton and macaffe out of registry and put avg on the system ran it ect .

Basic Pc care took care of a lot of issues

then it crashed on me

i ran the restore that windows had, got every thing back, but low and behold Norton resurrected it self! removed it again got it working again.

2 days later the thing crashes again

Cc cleaner came up with a lot of Programs that where missing DLL Files i saved a back up of them but there still cruped programs.

Issues i removed
    Tone of spywhere
    Weather bug
    32 megs of cookies /temps
    start up programs

so the questions i ask are

Is gmails contact manager stored on there computer or g-mails server (Normal the server but i am not sure with g-mail )

when i removed all this crap could i have launched a stealth Unknowingly

Could tows 30 some odd Programs hold a system up and once i took them out of start up it caused the system to crash * note i left the windows Programs alone *

and could i have removed enough crap that i accidentally trashed the system
    cookies
    temp files
    Missing DLL files
    R eminence of Programs after she used the auto Uninstaller

thanks for your help

i fear a format is the next step
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Calling tech geeks need some help

Typically when a system is that...um...clogged...I find that the registry is so messed up, it is easier and faster in the long run to just save what data needs saving and just start from scratch.

As to Nortons...go to the symantec website and download the Norton Removal Tool...it removes everything norton related from the hardrive and registry. That right there saved me quite a bit of frustration. and I swore of McAfee years ago...and is the first thing to be removed when I buy a pre-built PC.

Know it doesn't really answer the main question, but just my take ont he situation. Save what needs saving and start from scratch.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    Typically when a system is that...um...clogged...I find that the registry is so messed up, it is easier and faster in the long run to just save what data needs saving and just start from scratch.

As to Nortons...go to the symantec website and download the Norton Removal Tool...it removes everything norton related from the hardrive and registry. That right there saved me quite a bit of frustration. and I swore of McAfee years ago...and is the first thing to be removed when I buy a pre-built PC.

Know it doesn't really answer the main question, but just my take ont he situation. Save what needs saving and start from scratch.
    Ya MacAfee sucks i kinda read her the riot act for having 4 anti viruses Programs on her Poor little Underpowered system Windows xp needs to have 512 ram hers has 440 the striker reads 512 but its not so we going to get new ram and i will see if i can Break in to her system and save what she wants saved
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Issues where a Underling Vir and
    she was Runing Xp on a Way Low ram slaped in a gig stick and removed vir fixed

Also becareful if you have more then 1 anti=virus installed. It will crash your system found that out the hard way.

I use Avast for anti virus and zonealarm as firewall for years now and never have a problem there and they are both free. another is try the Tuneup Utilities. Great program to have, and it's simple enought that this blonde can figure it out lol.

CottenCandy
    Last edited by CottenCandy; November 29th, 2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling lol

Thread Information