Thread: Camera User Interface

Default Camera User Interface

Guys,

I used to play Horizons/Istaria when it first started back in the day. I really loved the crafting and adventuring there but I didn't like trying to manipulate the camera using the included interface window.

Does Istaria move the camera around like most other MMORPGs out today where you right click anywhere on the screen and manipulate the camera? Or do they still require you to move the camera through a windowed interface?

Been wanting to play again but I can't stand the "looking around" controls.

Thanks,
    Mylamber

Default Re: Camera User Interface

i take my screenshots with a hotkey set up to /toggleui, take pic, wait 2 sec, then /toggleui. i switch between 1st person view & 3rd person view with the num pad enter key, i can pan the view around myself for different angles of me in the picture with del/end keys, and i zoom in/out with insert/home keys.

the option to use the windowed interface for the camera still exists too, if you prefer that route.

Thanks!

Camera controls are limited to the keyboard? Is there anyway i can bind it to my mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Mylamber View Post
    Guys,

I used to play Horizons/Istaria when it first started back in the day. I really loved the crafting and adventuring there but I didn't like trying to manipulate the camera using the included interface window.

Does Istaria move the camera around like most other MMORPGs out today where you right click anywhere on the screen and manipulate the camera? Or do they still require you to move the camera through a windowed interface?

Been wanting to play again but I can't stand the "looking around" controls.

Thanks,
    Mylamber
    ofcourse.. this has been implemented allready from the start of the game.. that window with controll buttons is just an extra..

as a matter of fact you can bind the mouse-look to any key/mousekey, even say if its activated during pressing and holding, or if it toggles with a small press.

There are some ways to control the camera with the mouse, and some with the keyboard. I use a combination of my mouse and numpad when changing my camera angle, using the mouse to change my dragon's angle in flight and the numpad to change the actual camera.

You can also use mouslook but you have to toggle it first... I think the key to do that is ` but im not sure, I do know if you do that you cannot change your character's direction with the mouse unless you toggle it back.

Unless I am mistaken (and probably am but never figured out how to make it work) you can only set up a keyboard/mouse button to steer your character but I have tried to use the mouse button / movement to "circle around" the character and I have yet after all this time figured out how to do that without using the "Num. keypad" for it.

I assign the "Numeric Keypad 0" for free mouse movement (which is close to the directional arrows) so I can press it while running and move the mouse to guide direction / angle.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I think by default, you can mess with the camera position with your mouse by dragging using the middle button.

Thread Information