Thread: Total Newb Plot question

Default Total Newb Plot question

Hello all. I am now saving to buy a plot and have been looking around for one. I have a couple of questions, just to make sure I know what Im doing.
    First off size. Everyone I checked says its a 'large' but doesnt show any demensians, are they different sizes of 'large'? I want the biggest I can get.
    second - I understand the RCI thing, res - commercial - and Industrial. Now, every plot Ive checked doesnt exaclty say its an 'RCI' but has little icons for each, so does that mean if the plot screen show three little icons (R, C, and I) that means its and RCI plot right?
    I know dumb question, I just want to make sure Im spending my silver wisely.
    And I guess my last newb question would be, if I screw up and build something I dont like, can I decon it?

Default Re: Total Newb Plot question

I'll try to help the best I can.

All the plots now say large. There used to be Small, Medium, and Large...maybe even Tiny, I can't remember. They are all labeled large now because some of the older buildings were restricted by this label. For example there used to be some buildings that were labeled as large, but could actually fit on some medium plots. Even then though not plots of the same type (small, medium, large) were not all the same size.

Anyways, the current situation is that they may say large, but can be of any number of sizes. When you click on a plot, there should be a button somewhere in the lower left corner that says "Plot Survey" or maybe it was "Community manager"...I'm at work and I don't remember exactly, but it's also on the main menu you get when you click on the gem in the corner of your screen (although it only works if you are near a community of plots). If you click on that it should list all the plots within the community you are near, and with that the actual size dimensions. Size varies from anywhere between 20 x 20 or so to 100 x 100 or a little more, obviously with different pricing.

For RCI plots, yes the little icons that appear represent what kind of plot it is. All the ones added after the merge are RCI so have all three, which is now a majority of the plots. If you are looking at some of the older plots, especially those near racial towns, you'll start seeing plots that only have one or two of the icons. Also if you look on the above mentioned community window, you'll see the RCI letters instead of the icons by the plot name.

Plot prices vary depending on size, RCI status, and also to some degree location. Those closer to pads and portals are more expensive than isolated ones.

When building you can set something to start being built. That will set up scaffolding and such on your plot which allows people to apply resources to the building getting completed. You can deconstruct anything from just scaffolding, partially completed stuff, and finished buildings. The only thing is, you don't get any of the resources put into it back. At least not at this time.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Cool. thanks for the info.
    So, when I click on the little 'plaque'? on the ground for the plot info, the actual size is NOT listed on that, right? Ill have to check the community survey. Cool.
    Glad to know the buildings are deconstrucable.

Yep. the Plot Marker doesn't show the actual size when you click on it. The Community Survey is nice in that it also lets you see which other plots are in the area, and available. I'm sure you may have also noticed the white flags on some plots while you walk by them which signifies they are un-owned.

happy house hunting!
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Cool. Thanks a bunch for the help!

Thread Information