Thread: Anybody Out There?

Default Anybody Out There?

I appreciate the hard work that the devs are putting in to making Istaria a nice place to play. A few months ago, I would say that the support devs were doing a great job and coming back to the players after a short amount of time regarding their issues.

Recently, however, I submitted a ticket over a week ago to support over an issue I'm having with a plot and as of this time I have not heard a single word other than the automated response for the ticket I submitted. I have made updates since then, but still haven't heard anything from them, not even a confirmation that it is being looked at.

I'm wondering what is going on with the devs that it would take over a week to respond to tickets? Hearing something, even to say that the issue has been acknowledged by a dev (not even a word about fixing the issue) is better than waiting around and hearing nothing and wondering what the heck is going on.

Karya

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Anybody Out There?

i would say a lot, kar - all my tickets take forever (to me, anyway) to get resolved -
    but i can say, speaking as someone how makes a very meager living in the support industry, that sometimes it just takes a while.
    my company has literally hundreds of support techs and i can take a week or more to get some complaints fixed, especially if something behind the scenes is hitting the fan.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

That's funny, so far I've got a response to my tickets a day or two after I've sent them. o.o but then again, my issues never have had anything to do with plots or anything as major..

But I'm pretty sure they're not ignoring you.. just hang on there a little longer. From what I've heard and seen, plot issues seem to be a big topic now, at least on Chaos.. they might have got tons of tickets with the same problem as you have.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Karya try sending your ticket number to one of the Devs you seen on here. They are pretty good about checking up on things for people.

Actually I did... still waiting on that.

Karya

Keep in mind its also the holliday season, things always tend to get bussier around this time of the year, they may not of had the chance to get to your ticket due to the others before it.

Did you submit it via email or on the support site? It might be noticed faster if you submit it directly from the support site. I think you can also check the status on it to see if it's been opened or not...but you should have, at the very least, have received an automated notice that the ticket was received.

You don't get the notice I think if you submit it directly via email.

I did post it on the support site, and I did receive the automated message. The ticket was started November 25th and has been updated with changes I made since then.

I understand that around Thanksgiving and Christmas is a busy time. I'm just looking for at least an acknowledgement that the issue is being looked at or a reason why it's taking so long.

Karya

Here's a bit of an update. Still no word from Support. But with a play around semi-fix I learned from someone that involved going through the character's profile to the plot info, and then the community info, the back to the plot info and switching back and forth between the tabs, I was somehow able to delete some structures that I wanted deleted and replaced them with what I wanted. I wished though that I could have added some nice lamp posts or the blighted elven bank... that would have been interesting! I still wasn't able to see the completed plot structures or set permissions on them. Perhaps maintenance tomorrow will fix everything then I can close the ticket... finally!

Karya

P.S. I returned to the plot after leaving... it is back to the way it was. Whatever that little fix was, it seems to only work that time and it reverts back after one leaves.
    Last edited by Karya; December 9th, 2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Updating the Update

It is my understanding that this plot was not "fixed" by the maintenance last Tuesday - I will join Karya in the hope, however, that tomorrow's maintenance will prove to be more "magical", without active corrective action by our amazing developers. A number of players on Order shard have told me that they are looking forward to this plot, with its vault, Journeyman Wooodworking Shop and public silos, being available to facilitate the processing by Order shard crafters of Maple gathered from the western portion of the large Maple field.

Knossos

Folks, the remaining plot issues are enduring because the standard fixes and procedures are not working on them. It seems that each of these plots has some unique attribute at the root of the issue, even though the effect is identical, from a player's perspective, to other problems which have been long since resolved. Tracking down those unique elements of each problem and determining why the normal procedures are failing is very time consuming.

These plot issues have not been forgotten; however, in most cases, the problem is very elusive and there are, as yet, no updates to provide.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thank you, Laughing Otter. That's all I needed to know. Now that I know that it's being looked at (or fixed with maintenance) I can be patient until it is fixed if it hasn't been already. It's the not knowing what's going on led me to assume the worst... that my issue had not been heard and was being ignored or brushed aside. My fears are now put aside with your comment.

Sincerely,

Karya

Thread Information