Thread: Racial banners & emblems

Default Racial banners & emblems

Since we are very close to releasing the banners onto Blight, I started pondering what more we could do utilize them and make things a little more interesting than the 9 non-festival banners for year round use that we have now. And one of the things that I thought would be neat would be to create a banner (and lair mural) with symbolism for each race so that everyone can show pride in being saris or dwarf or dryad or etc. So what I'm interested in is what everyone thinks is a good symbol or group of symbols to represent each one.

We have some old artwork that was intended to be racial symbols, but they really don't fit well into Istaria as it is now and I really would not want to use them. So I ask each of you, what do you think represents best the race(s) that you play? I might even put a poll up later on if we get several good ideas for each. If you want to express it artistically, please attach it to your post on this thread. This is all informal at this point with no plans for an immediate release but it is definitely something that I would like to do in the near future.

BTW, the cloth sim is looking nice for the banners and I'm sure that everyone will have fun jumping up and setting them flapping. Dwarves, gnomes and dryads might have some trouble getting a good bounce out of them though, but the holiday banners and any new ones we make will hang down lower. I lined up about 10 of them and flew my Genesis dragon under and got them all going. Was quite humorous.

Default Re: Racial banners & emblems

11 banners so yes? uhhh I am crappy at drawing so I try to describe:

Dragons: Obviously Fire, Symbol of Drulkar, maybe the sleeper or the Drakul monument in Dralk, maybe a claw in fire or such, scales.

Dryads: Leaves, flowers, mushrooms, butterfly wings, maybe some magic around it.

Dwarves: Crossed axes or hammers, A keg, maybe a wall like the augh wall.

Elves: Trees, maybe a book, and a bow.

Fiends: Ice, stone, maybe a icetower, or a fiendish tower, or maybe a picture of mother Niatha, a orb of farseeing maybe, horns

Gnomes: Tinkering devices, screws and rivets, maybe a electrical bulb of energy.

Half Giants: A big axe, hides of animals, maybe something babaric, a mighty helm out of iron and such.

Humans: Castle, maybe a knight, or a shield and sword.

Saris: Pyramid, sand, palm trees, maybe a shore, maybe some magic around it, maybe a bandage to bring the healing aspect of the race.

Satyr: Woods, greek architecture like a pillar and a aqueduct, a flute and a harp with some music notes.

Sslik: Junge, Scales, maybe some ancient runes on it, maybe a maya pyramid and spear

Maybe some artists can get ideas from here, in the gallery are many old concept drawings with runes and such:

http://bristugo.com/node/41

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Nice ideas Tak - the Elves could also have the "One Tree".

Another idea would be to use Istarian Gods (stole these from forum posts and www.istaria.com, hopefully they are right!). Those on Order could create quite a number of scenarios based on what Gods they have attached to the front of their house. And we Chaos/Blight folks could make things just look pretty.

And I do hope there is a Cheese banner for a certain Queen on Blight :P

Oh yes, worship the mighty cheese one!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee my vanity would totally love that, but i know it is not realistic to expect such a thing.......
    i understand the reasons why not, and respect them, altho i do not totally agree with them.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I had thought about making a cheese banner and posting a screenshot of it as a tease, but I figured that would result in me being banned from Blight.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

nay solitare - you are my jester and as such, have free rein to punk the queen!!

even the tease would be kewl by me!!

i envision either a wheel of cheddar with a egyptian style crown above it or the shield from my royal portrait with 'the green queen provides' in latin surrounding........

I think it's a cool idea. I had thought about it during the winter submission but the thought really wasn't in with the festivities. I would be happy to make some up to be looked at if interested.
    Blacknite - Chaos

so i am tellin my artistic bff, who doesn't play - poor thing, i know - horizons, about the banner contest and how i wished i had my own special banner.
    next thing i know, look what's in my inbox!! merry early xmas loot to me!!

ah the best thing about being queen is the tribute you get.......

I've been too busy chasing my student loan to try to enter anything

But once the banners are out I and others could probably poke at making texture replacements...

Thread Information