Thread: to whom it might concern

Default to whom it might concern

I am annoyed.

Please do not flap (half on the ground) beside my group and me
    for hours,
    for days.
    At the blight gate.

It is distracting.

Please do not STAND inside the porter circle of Bris blockading sight and the entrances of buildings with your big ancient body
    for hours
    for days.

It is distracting.

(np if you SIT, or SIT on the roofs, behind or on the porters, on the blight gate or if you are khutit.)

I would appreciate that much- Thank you.

My patience is running out concerning such and similar behavior.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: to whom it might concern

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Please do not flap (half on the ground) beside my group and me
    for hours,
    for days.
    At the blight gate.

For that part it may be a problem on your side. I noticed that sometimes, even if my dragon is flying far above the ground, on my other computer it seems like it is actually standing on the ground or flying right above it.

Not in this case, Zex- it`s seen by my group members too-

On Chaos- only
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

This manifests on all shards, it's something to do with dragon positioning if you enter into an area where a dragon is already hovering, it appears as though he's on the ground and not hovering up high. If you were in the area first, you would see the dragon where he actually is.

When you enter and area where a dragon is hovering above, it can also show up as standing on the ground (until it moves, then it'll pop into place). Of course, that does nothing to help the fact that you're still dealing with a big visual distraction.

My suggestion is to select the offending character and /setscale 0.1. As pointed out, there are a few cases where the dragon's positioning is legitimate or unintentional and maybe even inconsistent with what they're seeing. In this case, it's better to quickly address the issue on your end, rather than get riled up and expect everyone to be aware of obscure quirks.

All the above comments have merit - but I do not think that they detract from Lov's original premise - which is to have a bit of consideration about where you park your bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    All the above comments have merit - but I do not think that they detract from Lov's original premise - which is to have a bit of consideration about where you park your bus.
    I could not have said it better myself, thanks Valornyx.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I Agree.

Also, I've come accross a few arrogant dragons who actually DO flap half-ground especially in front of biped/hatchies. Please, be proud of your gift of flying, but don't start showing off too much. You'll make only a bad image of yourself.
    Good manners and showing respect towards other players (no matter of their race or level ) are just as important here as in real life.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

I had to trade something from one char to another and I wanted a friend to experience Istaria. So he logged in (at my second account) and thought he was stuck in the guildhall at Bris. Some big dragon buds were blocking the entrance. I can't get out he said a bit disapointed (he didn't know he could run right through them). So I'm with you Lovwyrm

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

*titters* I've learned to use [Giant Chicken Tail Feathers] on big dragon bellies that are in my way and won't move!
    Of course, as a gnome, I can zip through spaces that many cannot anyway. :-)

Thread Information