Thread: What's up with the CTDs?

Default What's up with the CTDs?

Why are so many people crashing to desktop CONSTANTLY since the last patch. It doesn't seem to matter - construction, portalling, trading - any kind of transactions drop people to IE. Can the devs please shed some light on this highly annoying problem?
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Norgoth

Default Re: What's up with the CTDs?

I am not crashing, so I certainly cannot offer any explainations.

epyon

I seem to crash quite a bit as well, mostly went looking in the construction window but sometimes in other ways.

Tarinkana

I crash as well when looking at the construction screen. :( Gets a little annoying really....

__________________________________________________ ________

Tarinkana

40 Ranger

Too many craft classes to list :D

Nostra

[:(] Same here 5 times this eve. , while trying to plan Construction on Plot..[:S]

Glocaug

I was fine until today, but since i logged on today i have had atleast 20 CTDs in 2 hours. Most of them were when i was looking at the construction for one of the buildings i had put money on from the plot marker and from the link from my character screen.

Vito

They had the very same problem at release with construction windows so hopefully a fix is forthcoming....sooner rather than later.

Add my vote for a fix on this. Two CTDs in the one hour I was able to play before going to work today (Friday).
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

add me to the list who CTD's while looking at construction screen.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

I've experienced at least 15 CTD's tonight. I would send the log files into support, but they haven't been looking at the incidents for at least a week lately.

Flozzie

Calandra

I experienced this about 5 times today. I did not however CTD - instead the application just froze. All other windows applications continued to run just fine.

I am in EU, but crashed the last week only one time normally I don`t crash.
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Tytalus

I have submitted a report which should help the Developers quite a bit--in specific, I told them EXACTLY how to generate the crash that I am experiencing. Repeatable, reoccuring problems are the best way for the Dev team to figure out the issues surrounding the CTDs, so be sure to report the problem when you crash!

Callak

I've not had this happen myself, though I used to, it stopped when I switched from a Radion based video card back to a GeForce card. But I do have several friends now dealing with this. Mabe what needs to be done is find out what is causing the crashes with alternate hardware?

If I am not working construction I CTD about once every couple hours(usually during porting). If I am working construction I CTD about once every 10 minutes. Either during port or when I have the construction window open. I know that does not narrow it down all the way but it sure seems to be a big hint to me.

Gronar

Evard

lol even the forum cause me to CTD lol, well I have never had problems with ctds untill the last month, and now i do it pretty regular. This morning I keep getting disconnected and was getting annoyed thought it was my ISP again an being a network engineer I hooked up my trusty ole sniffer and I am being discoed at AE's end.[:@]

Brutis

Im not crashing either. I was before the last fix...Sorry no help...[B]

Brutis

stop crafting and don't look at the construction screen lol[6]

Submitted a ticket with 5Megs of logs. Hopefully they'll find out what's causing this.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Thread Information