Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight tubes and rooms w/o machines

Default Re: Flight tubes and rooms w/o machines

Mayhaps you can "disgise the narrow hatchie sized path up as a lava flow/waterfall path? have it as a tube but a winding path of water/lava that both illuminates the "tube" and gives those a chance to scamper up to the landings?

Soraii
    I like that idea too!

Or as a variant you could also have so that the tube was built with a path around the side, but have a huge lava/waterfall going over the sides. So you'd have a long chamber with lava or water flowing from the top which covers most of the pathway, and you can only clearly see it from the bottom, hiding behind the lavafall?

Ack. Hard to explain clearly. XD

Rubbishy diagram ATTACK!

So it'd be structed as a path hidden behind a flowing wall of lava--so from the top, you'd see only a long sheet of the stuff with occassional breaks, but from the bottom, you'd be able to clearly see the path behind it.

At least I think that would work... XD *dumb*

~Galde

All lava or water that I've seen in lairs that isn't flowing seems to exist in columns. It'd be kinda strange and unnatural to have a cylindrical column of lava pouring down in so many places that it forms a hollow cylinder of its own... It'd be a good way to hide the pathways, though.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    All lava or water that I've seen in lairs that isn't flowing seems to exist in columns.
    Not all of them. I purposely designed the transmutation chamber's water/lava fall to come out of the wall and fan out because I'm not all that fond of the columns. When we have the labyrinth finished and there is more time, I have several "pony list" things I want to work on and that includes some new lair chambers and extended spirals will most likely be among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Not all of them. I purposely designed the transmutation chamber's water/lava fall to come out of the wall and fan out because I'm not all that fond of the columns. When we have the labyrinth finished and there is more time, I have several "pony list" things I want to work on and that includes some new lair chambers and extended spirals will most likely be among them.
    I love you <3 Marry me?

*is a dork* XP

Thank you for making purdy dragon things!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ah, I don't think I've seen a transmutation chamber so maybe that'd be why. XD Glad to hear that you've got draggies in mind.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Glad to hear that you've got draggies in mind.
    I have everyone in mind. It is just that a lot of my earlier work on the game is transparent for bipeds since it involved fixing some issues with the plot buildings and making them more efficient for rendering. And I'm only part way through my list so more fixes will be done in the future.

However, I will drop a tease for dragons. I am thinking about ideas that just might make you want to create a new one. No details at all right now because it is VERY much in the "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if..." stage. And I won't answer to speculation at all, basically because I don't even know if I can do what I want to do yet and I don't want to get hopes up. But I should be able to get some good stuff made regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Thirded! Would save a lot of space, oh and we can make biped pan cake once a while....
    I'll post again since, apparently, my original post got deleted.

It would save one space (at best) per floor since the concept (if it's actually straight up and down) is just the staircase corridor without the staircase.

Not probably going to be worth the time to generate it considering there are so many other issues that will be higher priority.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

I would love to just wander through smelting and essence shaping rooms due to their effects - water and glowies . . . . :: shrugs ::

As for the concern about falling down flight tubes and the need to recall . . . . they would be distinct rooms. Such as only 2 entries at the top, both opposite of a distinct wall. Add in a limit and a ledge variation and should be okay.

Would be a quick way to add more room variety without a bunch of spirals and ramps or the resouce intensive halls.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

hehe Jaraiden, that's why I wanted a lair where I got one..close to crafting caves so that I can make the lair rooms merely for their acestics and look and never turn on the machine...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    *wakes up* Dragon things? Oh, cool!

*back to slumbering*
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Thread Information