Thread: New year resolutions!

Talking New year resolutions!

With the new year just a couple of days away, I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone's new year resolutions are

My big three are:

Move out on my own (technicaly it'll be with my sis as neither can afford to live on our own. :P)
    Sit down and draw something at least twice a week.
    Get Lan up to 100...been sitting at 50ish for almosta year and a half no >.>

Default Re: New year resolutions!

- Take care of myself
    - Have fun
    - finish my studies (about time >.> )
    And some other things I can't post here

None for me.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Move out on my own (technicaly it'll be with my sis as neither can afford to live on our own. :P)
    i live with my brother (snake eyes), tcei - as long as you get along, it should be okay - just make sure you both have your own space that the other person respects.
    fortunately, snake and i were able to find a house big enough for us both to have a complete suite of rooms (snake has the upstairs master bedroom with a walkin closet and a game room for his collection of antique video game consoles (yeap they all still work! we got a new flatscreen for the living room and he put the jaguar and the nintendos on it....) and i have the basement rooms (2 small rooms for my library and a sewing room in addition to my bedroom/sitting room and 3/4 bath). plus we share the living room, kitchen, computer room, and den. all this for under $600 a month! you can't even get a studio apartment around here for that! and we actually live pretty good and within our means.

HOWEVER! if you and your sis do not get along even occasionally, it will be very very hard to live with her. i could never live with my sister, for example. snake is very much like me, so that makes things easier.
    also, you have to learn to take the other person's feelings and such into account - if you are a clean freak and your sis is not, one of you will be doing way more cleaning than the other. if this is something you may come to resent, it will wear on you after awhile. that sort of thing.

i am happy to say that snake and i have been able to do this for at least 7 years now. if you can do it, i recommend it, as especially in these times, burdens like this are much easier shared!

ps- i also recommend a joint bank account for household stuff like rent and utilities and have one of you - not both - responsible for this account. snake gives me his share of the household money and i am in charge of making sure the electricity, rent, taxes, and groceries are taken care of. DO NOT have both of you with access to this account - that way leads to nasty consequences..........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

to finish 'nation' by terry pratchett by jan 1st.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

We get along great, thankfuly.Great idea about the joint account for taking care of bills and stuff. We had planned to do it earlier this year but things didnt quite pan out at the time now its just a matter of us both saving up and recovering after xmas.

I made a new year's resolution several years ago to NOT make any more New Year's resolutions, and so far I haven't broken it! *Sniffs the smell of success*

Quote Originally Posted by aine View Post
    I made a new year's resolution several years ago to NOT make any more New Year's resolutions, and so far I haven't broken it! *Sniffs the smell of success*

Congratulations!
    (same here )

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information