Thread: Rebirth

Default Rebirth

A storm developed and was heading towards the Tower of Sorcery as the wizards and sorcerers had their gear ready for a long journey ahead of them. ' Lun, make sure you carry enough potions to keep yourself warm from the cold. This is going to be along journey. ' Lun was young apprintace under a few elder Sorcerers. ' Yes Master. ' He replies as he drops some bottles onto the floor. One of the elders rolled their eyes.

After putting his things together he then heads down stairs to where some of the wizards and sorcerers were talking. One spoke," We must hurry and collect the bones quickly before the ice beetles return from nesting. " Another starts to reply, but then kept silence. Lun then finally made it to the ground floor as he looked around seeing everyone seemed to be ready. They all picked up their gear and started to head out the Tower of Sorcery. Lun following behind. The blizzard was stinging the young sorcery's eyes as the headed down the hill. Took a hour and a half to finally reach the crossing of Icey bridge. One of them yelled," Watch the cracks! " Lun followed behind carefully dodging the cracks of the Ice floor as he suddenly heard as though braking of Ice below him he then looks down seeing cracks forming around him and then infront of him. He gasps as one of the wizards infront of him turned around and alerted by the cracks on the ground he then yelled towards the others," The Ice is braking! " They all suddenly turned around as Lun then falls through the Ice. " Lun! " his teacher screamed out as he drops his pack and started to run towards Lun's cracked area where he fell through. He then lies down on the ground ontop of the solid ice as he started to skim around the water. " Lun!... LUN!.." He all of a sudden feels the hair of Lun's hair as he pulls him upward. Other wizards and sorcerers begin to helping them both up from the cold freezing waters. Wraping Lun up with a heavy woolen purple blanket. Lun was coughing up water as he finally gasps for air. His teacher was next to him trying to help keep him warm by rubing his arms . " Don't scare me like that again! " His master spoke with a sudden voice as Lun looked up at him. " Sorry master.. " He replies in a sad voice turning away. His master got to his feet and then speaks to the rest of the group," Gear up " he walks to his own pack and picks it up and begins walking. Lun then picks up his and follows behind the rest of the group.

Day later they arrived at Mahagra. " We're here. We'll rest here for now, but in the morning we must head out " One of them spoke as some went into the Inn. Lun stood there looking around for it was his first time in Mahagra and seeing so many different beings around make him curious. " Where you off to? " A deep voice spoke out as Lun turned around only to see a Black strong Seris standing there looking at him with his green cat eyes," We are off to find a artifact. " The Seris itched his chin as he then replies," Do you need a Scout to look after you? " Lun shook his head and pointed to the wizards near the inn. The Seris laughed , " I'll ask them then " He departs from Lun as he was about to say something he instead followed the black panther to the Inn. One of the wizards walked up to the Seris and both of them spoke. Lun then saw the Seris grined and picked his own gear up and walked in the inn. Lun walked up to his master, " Is he coming with? " Lun asked as the teacher spoke," Would be wise to have someone who has alittle bit of fighting skills so yes, His name is Wildar. A Scout from Tazoon. " Lun went silent as his teacher continued," Get to sleep. We have along road ahead of us " He sighed and then headed up inside the inn.
    < To be continued >

Default Re: Rebirth

The next day on another snowy day as the snow this time falls slowly onto the ground. The Wizards and Sorcerers got their gear ready for the next step again on their journey. Lun slept in on accedently as one of his masters walked outside his door and knocked loudly," Get up boy! Your gonna be late! " Startled falls off his bed and jumps up alert. " Yes Master I'm almost ready " lying to his master as footsteps walked away from the door he through everything in the pack as he finally walked down stairs to where some of the sorcerers shook their heads. One of the wizards walked up to Lun and smacked him over the head, " Your late again Lun. Your dissapointing and disrespectful towards the Tower of Wizardry. You need to learn to be more prepared on time next time " One spoke as he felt really bad and slowly follows them outside. One of the sorcerers yelled towards the rest of the group, " Alright. We have a full day to meet our destination and must search for the Artifact. This artifact is called ,' The Phylactory of Souls ' A small hatchling carried this artifact before it died. This artifact contains spirits of old wizards and sorcerers of the Old times. Some of its knowledge died with them as they passed on to the next life. I strongly beleive that if we obtain this artifact we can find lost knowledge of the Wizards and Sorcerers of old. Alright, Did everyone understand that? " He looked around as most of them nodded as Lun didn't really pay attention. " Alright, Lets move out! " The Sorcerer jumped down and walked over towards his belongings and picked it up then moved on with the rest of the group. The black Seris, Wildar listened and understood what they were going after. But strongly beleives something bad will happen later on he followed with them as payment for service.

After traveling for two days straight into the deadly storm they finally meet their destination with no compliations. Wildar looked around to make sure the Ice Beetles have not returned just yet as he replies, " Coast is clear! " The wizards smiled and got their lamps, Candles, Pots, Idles and artifacts out and set up the ritual site. Lum tried to help them, but kept getting into trouble so he was sitting aside waiting till everything was put up.

As the Wizards and Sorcerers aswell as Lum stood around where they set up, Wildar started to dig his flag to where he found a rock like figure as he started to dig underneath where he found boths and scales mixed. " I found something! " Wildar yelled out as he uncovered what looked like a dead hatchling decomposing in the snow. One of the wizards walked up and recognized the hatchling. " Sephix Runus... " He said as he bend down to examened the body closly. " This was a hatchling of great knowledge. She used to come to the Tower of both Wizardry and Sorcery only to study in the libraries. She also studied in the books of Tazoon, Chiconus and Dralk of her own towns. She was a very intellagent hatchling, but I never thought I'd see this hatchling dead in the snow. Not like this " A sorcerer walked up and looked along with Lum's Master as he then spoke," This is the hatchling that carried the Artifact. " Lum's master looked at him suddenly with shock as he replies," Sephix would never carry something that important if she knew it had great power. Shes smarter then that. " Then the sorcerer turned towards him and said, " I know you feel sorry for this hatchling, but this is where it was last found. We must look for it around here I'm sorry " Lum's Master looked angrey as he watched the Sorcerers dig around trying to find Sephix's artifact as the wizards aswell as Wildar stood there watching.

After about two hours one finally through his hands in the air holding the artifact screaming," I found it! " The leader smiled and replied, " Good place it on the alter and lets get started. " So the sorcerer with the artifact did just that as all of the sorcerers stood around the alter as Lum's master speaks to his apprintace, " We will not bother in their affairs. This does not feel right. Come lets go " He turned away with the rest of them as Lum looked still watching. The sorcerers started the ritual as the sky started to turn black. The Wizards couldn't help but turn around to see what they were doing to the artifact. Lum started to feel fear among himself as the Phylactory started to glow brightly. The Phylactory finally exploded before them as the leader screamed as others followed. Lum's master smiled as he kept walking. Lum started to look around as he heard a dark evil growl looking up in the skies as he sees a grey light figure. The figure started to float down towards the ground and lands. The sorcerers morned the artifact they had just lost as the figure spoke, " So you woke me up. And what you found was nothing, but your demise. " A sorcerer looked over only to see a sworling of a Fireball heading their way as the ritual was destroyed along with the sorcerers with them. Lum couldn't move because of his fear. He could see a hatchling with bright white scales and blue/green eyes look towards his derection. Lum mouth droped as the hatchling walked up towards him slowly, " Don't be afraid. I will not harm you. You have done no wrong and will not simply hurt a biped. I am Sephix Runus, Wizard Dragoness of Istaria and now returned to this forsaken world of darkness.. " Lum blinked as he replies towards her slowly, " Darkness...? " Sephix looked up at him and nods slowly. Wildar could be seen from the distances watching both the boy and the white hatchling. Seeing a hatchling returning to life and witnessing another evil in the world.

Thread Information