Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Windows 7

Default Re: Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Frith mind if I ask how much it set you back. I am looking at getting a new one soonish and just wonder how much i need to start puting back for and how much I want to save how fast and such. I have not gone out pricing anything yet.
    Well if you can swing it I'd go Core i7. The 920 processor is around $229 and the motherboard is $189 and up but you can put together a powerful system pretty reasonably.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Frith mind if I ask how much it set you back. I am looking at getting a new one soonish and just wonder how much i need to start puting back for and how much I want to save how fast and such. I have not gone out pricing anything yet.
    Well with an entirely new case (went from mid to full tower) and basically upgrading/replacing everything except the dvd-rom - it was about 1300ish I think at the end, after taxes and S&H and all.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    jsut a quick note: it should be noted that a 32-bit operating system cannot make use of any more than 3 Gigabytes of RAM.

Vista-32 will show however much you have installed as if it were available for use (contrary to XP, which will only show how much -usable- RAM you have) but only a 64-bit OS can make use of more than 3 Gigs.
    Thats not entirely true. If your bios supports memory Hole remapping you can get the OS to see the extra ram. I've done it with XP SP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarn_de_Diabolic View Post
    Thats not entirely true. If your bios supports memory Hole remapping you can get the OS to see the extra ram. I've done it with XP SP3.
    I would hope that any modern pc shipping with over 3gb ram would have a bios supporting such a technique. My copy of XP shows 3.25gb however...

Rakku

Well all I know is 32bit see's just over 3gig of ram where 64bit shows it all up to what the board can supoort. Didn't hear that change for Win 7 either.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information