Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a random thought

Default Just a random thought

Just something I thought of while working on Outfitter... Maybe its been brought up before, I wouldn't know.

We all know there are normal, rich, and motherlodes of certain resources in Istaria, such as gems and metals...
    I wouldn't know about fish or resources of vegetables and fruits or the like...

but as I was working with fabric, I thought it would be kind of neat to see larger nodes of cloth fabric...

perhaps the equivalent of a 'rich' node would be 'lush' and a 'motherlode' would be 'dense'?

Though if there aren't 'rich' and 'motherlodes' of other organic resources, it could also be a neat thing to see...

well, that's it for my random thought ^_^;

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Default Re: Just a random thought

wants Wisp motherloads.. wisps the size of a hatchling.... or larger!

Soraii / Alaysar

What would you like guarding fabric and food resource fields? Cause that is one big reason why ores have larger nodes, the majority are guarded.

I think Dim Wisps are already sized so there's small, medium, large. We need to do the rest.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

There is only one place I've seen a small and large dim wisps, there is only one of each, and in a very inconvenient place to even gather. They are in the treant forests near Parsinia.

I used to kind of like the sneaky enraged wisps though.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Yes the one field of Wisp on LA are sized.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    What would you like guarding fabric and food resource fields?
    Fabric golems.... [Fabric golem hits you with Pillow for 1 damage]

I think treants would fit mostly for guarding fabric and for the food maybe wolves or gruok...

BANANA SPLIT GOLEMS! We need them, srsly!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Hrrm, those wisps in the cedar treants have different sized names but always seemed to gather about the same. I will have to try them again though now that you mention that Amon, I may have just passed it off as seeming to be the same ammount harvested >_>

Soraii / Alaysar

P.S. BANNANA SPLIT GOLEMS! YEAH!!

On fabric would a moth like creatures be good. Like the necroflies but more fluffy and a bit bigger. Or maggots be nice too.

Now I think of it.
    Most of the silk is already crawling with spiders or nastier stuff so I guess motherbunches of silk are around the corner?

Fruit can then be infested by fruit flies.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    On fabric would a moth like creatures be good. Like the necroflies but more fluffy and a bit bigger. Or maggots be nice too.

Now I think of it.
    Most of the silk is already crawling with spiders or nastier stuff so I guess motherbunches of silk are around the corner?

Fruit can then be infested by fruit flies.

oooh great ideas !
    More maggots would be nice. The only ones I know are low level ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Yes the one field of Wisp on LA are sized.
    I've never seen any bloated wisps floating about anywhere. I'm curious as to where you're talking about, Deth.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    I've never seen any bloated wisps floating about anywhere. I'm curious as to where you're talking about, Deth.
    They are among the cedar treeants. There are energized, regular and weakened wisps, as well as a few enraged ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    What would you like guarding fabric and food resource fields? Cause that is one big reason why ores have larger nodes, the majority are guarded.

I think Dim Wisps are already sized so there's small, medium, large. We need to do the rest.
    I would like to see redback spiders guarding the cotton, shadow spiders guarding the silk North of Aug, and Bloodskulks guarding the Ironsilk. Then perhaps those resource areas could have "overgrown" cotton, silk and ironsilk.

And for the wisps, maybe have them being guarded by something like treants or gruoks.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    And for the wisps, maybe have them being guarded by something like treants or gruoks.
    Or even Oastics, those are pretty nasty little buggers!

Whisps can be guarded by enraged wisps easy, they were once apon a time, they can be again.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Or even Oastics, those are pretty nasty little buggers!
    I prefer treant guards. Their comps actually do something, and they're less annoying. XD
    <----clicky!

Sorry for the late response, but I was unable to get back to this...

As to the fabric resources, yes, I've seen spiders guarding quite a few resources already, i.e. Brighter Spiders= Kenaf near Chiconis, the redbacked spiders also guard cotton too, or was that silk?...
    I've see the Skulk, Purple Spiders, and Gruoks in the Spiritous Swamp guarding the ironsilk, so yes, spiders guarding the fabric seems to be an already used idea, couldn't hurt to expand the spawn a little more? could it? *thinks of more redbacked spiders to kill for tech resources*

As mentioned before, there are already guarded fabric resources, most often with spiders of some sort of variant... and their varying venoms are nasty! or can be... if you are a low-season character ^^;

As for fruit and vegetable resources, the idea of variants of insects guarding them would be a good idea... as there are indeed some pests in RL that attack gardens... such as meal worms and other critters.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard

Hmm... Though I don't really recall most RL garden pests turning and attacking the gardener, though I may be wrong. Maybe bees, though.
    <----clicky!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :>

Just rename some necroflies and let them guard large and motherlodes of... food...bananas? lol..

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

To Favoran, well, this IS Istaria, who says there aren't insects or bugs that wouldn't want other critters 'attacking' their food? and no... you can't use the 'but there aren't any!' reason... >_>

An example of a pest-turned-attacker, could be an aphid, after all they drain a plant's juices and spread disease in the plants... why couldn't they do the same to any Gifted for that matter without a little tweaking?

Thread Information