Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadia Discussion

Default Nadia Discussion

From the other thread, I wanted to break this discussion out so we can keep them separate.

My reasoning for removing Nadia: She is a crutch. Removing her allows crafter-adventurer interdependency because adventurers are then needed to go gather tech comps from the mobs. In my opinion leaving her in for so long (and continuing to do so) is a bug in the game. It artificially caps prices for tech comps and it makes the effort of adventurers less valuable than it may actually be.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Nadia and Tech Comps

I agree and after some thought, do favour Nadias removal. But she certainly doesnt cap comp prices...comps sell for about 5%, 10% if your lucky of what Nadia charges. Comp demand may be one easy way to try and jumpstart some sort of economy.

Default Re: Nadia and Tech Comps

"It artificially caps prices for tech comps and it makes the effort of adventurers less valuable than it may actually be."

I did not visit her often and I did not visit her lately but if there was no change, I find Nadia obscenely expensive, so expensive that I rather go without than buy it from Nadia. So I wonder about the cap. I wouldn't pay an adventurer more than I'm already -not- paying Nadia.

Teto beat me

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: Nadia Discussion

(Moved what I had posted on the last thread to this one...)

I buy from Nadia if I'm having horrid resource drops, if players don't have the resources I need, or if I can't tackle a specific mob effectively.

It makes me cringe, spending over 100 silver on four resources. (But then I don't spend money often, so at least it doesn't make me foam at the mouth.)

However, I would not miss her. In fact, I might just go and do a little dance in the area she hangs around in if she were taken out.. It would just take me longer to make some teched scales, sure, at least until I'm done with adventure. I also imagine that taking her out would give adventurers the option of going component hunting to make some coin. I would certainly do it. Might get something resembling an economy going a bit better...

So, I think I am in favor.

As i said on other thread, after some thought ive decided I'm for Nadis removal. Though dont think she caps prices, comps sell for a fraction of what she charges, and will whether Nadias arround or not. But as a possible way to create some sort of economy again i favour move.

See other thread

Or merge?

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Well, I'm wondering if your looking at this from the prospective of Live shard or the Blight shard or all 3 ?
    In our prior discussions you know where we on Blight stand on the entire vielo , I cant speak for live as I dont go to live , Amon.

Live shards. Blight shard is a different beast entirely

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I have mixed feelings about that.
    Maybe if we had more population on the shard, Nadia would be useless, but there aren't many people trading for comps nowaday, and hunting large amounts of some (vexator fringes, zombie werewolf skulls anyone ?) can be a real pain.
    So, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Live shards. Blight shard is a different beast entirely
    Yep we are a Dragon-of-a-different color lol.

In front of the computer, where else would I be?

I think Nadia should be removed, but only after componet drop rates are reworked and the missing tech parts ither swiched to somthing that is in game or made avialable on new or reworked older mobs.

I could have gone to to her to get the need parts for my armor scales, costing me well over 300 gold. Insted I spent over a year hunting and pestering other hunters for all the needed parts. This resulted in me logging in less and less over that time.

I am shure i am not the only one who has dreaded going after there next tier of parts for new armor/scales/spells.
    A set of Tier V Triple Teched scales or armor takes 84 tech componets, many of them are found on mobs that only roam the satyr isle in numbers less than i can count on one hand. (Ever tryed to get 24 Veteran Abomination chest skulls?)
    Tamaracaran Thothalomadais: Dragon, As old as the world, Twice.
    Jamana Ternfaust: Gnome of 31 flavors!
    Erzat Ember: Dryad Battlemage, Construction Bug.
    Halfust Thothalomadais: Human somthing or other.

What Tam said !!

Im sorry but I would have to say no. First off drop rates on several tech items is down right ridiculous. Secondly, as was stated before i think the player population is far too low. I think Nadia is fine and doesnt really need to be removed to stimulate the ingame economy. Money for the most part is pointless in the Horizons economy.

I'd have to vote no because:
    1. drop rates suck
    2. mob populations are low and generally confined to 1-2 areas
    3. player population is low
    4. interdependence is a myth; my opinion is that most people can make their own gear and gather their own comps.
    5. crafters dont buy comps to make gear (at least on Chaos). If I wanted to have armor made, I gather the techs, not the crafter. It is assumed that the player who wants the gear provides the tech resources.
    Last edited by Trust; January 6th, 2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Thing is also, Nadia sells stuff that is required for techs but doesn't drop. Like the energy,flame and ice bone splinters, they are used for the dragon event techs and banners. Also the spiderling silk that is used for spirit webbing sells only nadia as far as I know. There is need to put them back dropping or put somewhere a merchant that sells those comps please.

If you want to remove here, go ahead, I rarely buyed something from her, mostly only the splinters because they don't drop.
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; January 6th, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Nadia hanging around would be fine for me. She doesn't do any harm and perhaps she is useful as a last resort .

Though ...
    If she has to go, I presume there will be a closing down sale with substantial discounts?
    *starts making a shopping list

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by takora drakan View Post
    thing is also, nadia sells stuff that is required for techs but doesn't drop. Like the energy,flame and ice bone splinters, they are used for the dragon event techs and banners. Also the spiderling silk that is used for spirit webbing sells only nadia as far as i know. There is need to put them back dropping or put somewhere a merchant that sells those comps please.

If you want to remove here, go ahead, i rarely buyed something from her, mostly only the splinters because they don't drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by amongwareth View Post
    other than the bone splinters and spiderling silk, what tech comps are needed that do not drop as loot? And if splinters and silk were made available, is there anything else that would stop the removal of nadia?

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Thing is also, Nadia sells stuff that is required for techs but doesn't drop. Like the energy,flame and ice bone splinters, they are used for the dragon event techs and banners. Also the spiderling silk that is used for spirit webbing sells only nadia as far as I know. There is need to put them back dropping or put somewhere a merchant that sells those comps please.

If you want to remove here, go ahead, I rarely buyed something from her, mostly only the splinters because they don't drop.
    Um... read my in the other thread please. *bonks you on the head*

Personally i agree that Nadia should be removed, however as already mentioned some tech comp drop rates needed to be improved.

Example
    Imbued Armour Splinters - a t3 drop but harder to obtain than t5 comps

As for drop rates of T5 tech comps, they are/should be relatively difficult to obtain being T5.

(Don't flame) we are too used to using Nadia for convenience and because there is hardly anything else (except building) to sink money into.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Um... read my in the other thread please. *bonks you on the head*
    Sorry, saw the other thread too late.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information