Thread: Make blighted stuff dyeable.

Default Make blighted stuff dyeable.

I'm really talking about two issues here but-
    I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me that blighted items were introduced to be a replacement for cool (stat and appearance) weapon drops that other games have. This is all fine and well... accept they usually are nearly useless unless you are incredibly lucky, and they look downright ugly on your charactor.

I rarely find a blighted item I want to actually equip, and when I do, it looks like my charactor is wearing a clothing pice that has been floating around in the Boston city sewer system for a while. (probably smells like it too)

May I ask that blighted items be made dyeble using dye kits? It's bad enough that they never have any unique appearances or anything, but they aren't even appealing to the eye to wear, it's like whoever thought them up wanted to do the best they could to discourage blighted item use, even if someone did find somthing with half way cool stats.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Make blighted stuff dyeable.

It makes sense that blighted items look like they've been floating around in a city sewer, though... They are blighted.

You wouldn't look so good either if you'd been hanging around with the WA for who knows how long in that green glowy gunk area.

It makes sense indeed. But it's not particularly fun, considering how fiew special items drop in the game. Most of them are only dropped by end game creatures. And there are a few you can get from extreemly low level quests. When visually appealing and unique item drops are so rare, I would think acceptions could be made to simply make HZ more appealing. Like I said, every once and a while, I get somthing with some nice stats, but then I equip it and grimace, because it looks like I have a pice of guarbage attached to my charactors body.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I'd be satisfied if we could dye blighted items even with the blight still on it.
    For Mithril items, there are already Fire Opal, Emerald, and Peridot colored armors and jewelry. It would be helpful, and fun, to dye pieces so to help with sorting them.

Obsidian or Black blighted armor might just look very cool.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

That is a possibility. we'll have to research it a bit.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    That is a possibility. we'll have to research it a bit.
    Awsome don't forget to let us know about the results.
    Oh btw, would it be possible to get those 3 dye colors craftable by an alchemist ?

I think it would be neat for blighted armor to dye but maintain the overall blighted effect. Though I don't think that unblighted items should be able to be dyed blighted... since they aren't blighted, after all. XD
    <----clicky!

Thread Information