Thread: Valkoth the Ancient

Default Valkoth the Ancient

Valkoth has as level 125 Dragon only 20 HP.... even a hatchie could sneeze him in a fight. Please raise his HP to a reasonable number.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Re: Valkoth the Ancient

Does it really matter? You'll NEVER see him in a fight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I think dev time could be used in much more important things.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Does it really matter? You'll NEVER see him in a fight.
    It does matter from a cosmetic point of view. But if the devs don't want that we players point out "cosmetic bugs" then I will stop to report them.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Doubt most players even notice his hit points.

And who's to say that he needs hit points anyway? Perhaps he's got immunity to all damage and hit points don't matter to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    It does matter from a cosmetic point of view. But if the devs don't want that we players point out "cosmetic bugs" then I will stop to report them.
    You are right, it does matter. In fact, it brings up a bigger issue for us having NPCs that don't fight in player schools. Its great for a cosmetic point of view, but bad for a memory usage one. Those NPCs don't need the skills or abilities as they won't ever use them.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You are right, it does matter. In fact, it brings up a bigger issue for us having NPCs that don't fight in player schools. Its great for a cosmetic point of view, but bad for a memory usage one. Those NPCs don't need the skills or abilities as they won't ever use them.
    Thank you for explaining the matter, I didn't know that if you add schools to NPCs cause strain to the server.

Its not much, but it all adds up. Adding a Dragon Adventurer school to a NPC means that NPC is going to get every skill and ability that any level X dragon adventurer would get.

Other than the guards, no NPC needs that.

Can NPCs be made so mobs won't agro them? I just think if a flame beetle got past the guards...it would own valkoth Poor guy.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

You know the 2 dragon trainers near the oastics? I pulled them to both but they didnt agrro them, only when I pulled them to the guard, the guard attacked them. So unless a npc starts a fight the mobs won't attack them I think.

I think to get a non-gaurd NPC to attach you have to pull a mob that will AOE attack you and when they are hit by it they will then attack.

Yeah, AoE attacks and chain lightning are the only ways (that I know of) to kill an NPC that doesn't attack. That's also the reason why I picked Fafnir as the mob to pull to brist several months ago to get Nadia killed.

Thread Information