Thread: ELAR multi-classing?

Default ELAR multi-classing?

I know that the devs are not changing classes until the beginning of next year, but we gotta keep 'em filled in with some suggestions none-the-less.

Well, as far as I know, elar's only *good* multi-class would be the healer (and same goes for scout and crossbowman), purely because they benefit from the use of a standard xbow and they use the same line of armor.

No other classes really mesh well with elar (not including druid to 14 for natures fury, or mage to 9 for elemental attacks, monk to 10 for foresight, etc.).

I have done some quick research and discovered that ELEMENTAL archers can only use arcane magics in the 'X bolt Y' lines. Where 'X' is the element, and 'Y' is the tier.

No other beneficial magics can be used, e.g. Earthen Crust, X bomb Y lines.

Isn't it a bit misleading naming something 'elemental archer' and then they can only use a *very* minute few elemental spells through proper multi-classing?

I'm not suggesting to include 6 or 7 points/lvl of all the arcane magics, simply to allow the ELEMENTAL archer class access to more beneficial spells. Right now, I only see getting mage to 100 useful because of multi-cast, the X bolt Y spells, and 10 au/10 power.

I don't really think that the extra 10 or so rating points is really worth what benefits I can get from multi-classing mage, or any other caster class.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Default Re: ELAR multi-classing?

Yep, I was confused as well by the ELAR's non-magic classification ( can use same spells as a warrior ). When the class has 2 arcane buff ( fire/ice arrows ) and arcane attack ( elemental arrow ) and 2 mysticism buffs ( spirit / lightning arrows ) it would seem connected enough to magic to deserve better spells than totally non magic classes.

That aside, archery is unbalanced by the lack of an arcane archer. there are 2 arcane monksand3 arcane warriors as well as 2 mystic monks and 3 mystic warriors. Yet there are 2 non magical archers, 1 mystic archer and zero arcane archers.

The class appears to have beencreated with the intention of being a magic casting archer, so what happened? Obviously it can't be allowed I assumethe issue is that ELAR would be overpowered if given full access to arcane spells like Chaos, etc.. then restrict an ELAR from useing "kiteing spells" such as binding crystals and daunting mists ( just like Bloodmage is currently restricted from useing any nature spell that stuns *grumble..grumble* ).

**Though less viable than healer / elar; Elar can equip most 1H weapons ( though no shield ) and this opens up the possibily of a Warrior / ELAR. Warrior gains dex , allows a warrior touse a bow and have acess to ranged attack special & Elar gains str, 1H weapon skill and melee specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Jah
    That aside, archery is unbalanced by the lack of an arcane archer. there are 2 arcane monksand3 arcane warriors as well as 2 mystic monks and 3 mystic warriors. Yet there are 2 non magical archers, 1 mystic archer and zero arcane archers.

**Though less viable than healer / elar; Elar can equip most 1H weapons ( though no shield ) and this opens up the possibily of a Warrior / ELAR. Warrior gains dex , allows a warrior touse a bow and have acess to ranged attack special & Elar gains str, 1H weapon skill and melee specials.
    Point no.1 - I've never sized up the ranged classes comparing with other classes, great point. It should be addressed.

Point no.2 - I'm not sure if I understand the whole thing, but I as an elar most certainly do not want to become/gain any warrior based skills or abilities, simply because my bow or xbow is farsuperior (imo). What I *do* want is to see the promotion of Elemental Archers actually gaining the ability to cast arcane/mystic spells besides the'X bolt Y' lines. Wether it's buff/defensive spells, or some offensive spells, we NEED to be able to cast more spells.

An elar is missing their arcane magic for sure, they seem to be a screwed up class all together. One other benefit an elar can take is multiclassing in a high str, high hp, high armor use class because it is something they lack, otherwise its a deadend school.

I have tried to get as much benefits from craft as I can, the only 2 classes I can think of that will benefit me to any extent is Fitter and Weaver.

Fitter gets 10str/lvl, apposed to our 6str/lvl.
    Weaver gets 10dex/lvl, apposed to our 9dex/lvl.

As for the High HP -the only other school(s) that can grant me this is to take up a melee based school. We currently gain 18/lvl, wereas most melee (or all?) classes gain 20. For the extra200 hitpoints, I'm DEFINATELY sure that I am not willing to spend weeks on lvl'ing up this class. Esp since it'll add an extra ~10-15 rating points.

High au - From quick math, 9au/lvl would suffice to grant a character the abililty to wear lvl 111 armor (once released, and provided they have a base school that gave 10au/lvl for those first 20 lvls, e.g. Scout).

With 8au/lvl the highest armor we will be able to wear is 91, falling short of 101 armor by 10 points of au. But again, not *really* worth the ~10 - 15 rating points.

Since Shaman gains 9au/lvl, I was considering taking it up, but I then found out the only magical bonus I will get is the 'X bolt Y' line of nature and a few of their transferable abilities. I have now scratched that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gusi
    Point no.2 - I'm not sure if I understand the whole thing, but I as an elar most certainly do not want to become/gain any warrior based skills or abilities, simply because my bow or xbow is farsuperior (imo).
    I am simply pointing out that there is enough benefit to ELAR from Warrior to make it a viable option for multi-classing. AAOmentioned the main benefits which are attribute bonuses:
    Quote Originally Posted by AAO
    One other benefit an elar can take is multiclassing in a high str, high hp, high armor use class because it is something they lack
    If Warrior and ELAR were of equal level the following benefits would goto ELAR:
    *+3 Str, +2 Armor Use, +1 Evasion and+2 Health per level.
    *ELAR can wield most if not all 1H melee weapons. Therefor Warrior skillsopen up the option to do slashing and crushing damage if your target is weak vs them.
    *If lvs 100/100: Critical Strike 3, Multistrike 2, Cleave, Distract 2, ( possibly Whirlwind 1 and cripple - uncertain ifthey transfer ) and some other less usefull abilities. Though I agree bow/xbow is your best weapon, one can do a lot of damage fast with critical/multi/cleave useing a warhammer ( or axe ) and then switch back to bow.

While i can see no path to "uberize" the elar like many of the other classes you can still pick up some masterable skills that will come in handy. last time i played you still had to raise druid a bit before you could get elar so i plan to later take that back up and master the heals and a few other usefull things then perhaps something down the magic line for magic evade and perhaps a few other nice trinkets from chs warrior
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

Thread Information