Thread: Veteran Rewards

Thumbs up Veteran Rewards

Greetings Istarians,
    I just remembered one of the few really neat things that Star Wars Galaxies offered as incentive to stay in the game. It was called Veteran Rewards or something to that effect. I'm thinkin it was every year of being an active account holder (may have been more or less) you were able to choose from a little list of items, not anything game shattering, but neat none the less. Of course these things were items many displayed in their house or guild areas, which doesn't apply directly to our realm here, but I'm sure a few creative souls could think of something. Overall it was just nice to know you could be rewarded just for stickin with it.

<Gets his ten foot pole handy and hopes he hasnt said something that would offend anybody...>

Happy hunting and safe journeys.

Shargrailar

Default Re: Veteran Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    Greetings Istarians,
    I just remembered one of the few really neat things that Star Wars Galaxies offered as incentive to stay in the game. It was called Veteran Rewards or something to that effect. I'm thinkin it was every year of being an active account holder (may have been more or less) you were able to choose from a little list of items, not anything game shattering, but neat none the less. Of course these things were items many displayed in their house or guild areas, which doesn't apply directly to our realm here, but I'm sure a few creative souls could think of something. Overall it was just nice to know you could be rewarded just for stickin with it.

<Gets his ten foot pole handy and hopes he hasnt said something that would offend anybody...>

Happy hunting and safe journeys.

Shargrailar
    Thinks of all the epic gear that can not be gotten any more that would be considered Vet rewards
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Well speaking of rewards...it was my impression when Vi took over and got the billing worked out...that there was supposed to be something for those that got 6- and 12-month gifted subscriptions?
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Emblems would be nice.

Could be someone you go visit and based on your creation date, it gives you an emblem rounded down to the nearest year.

Could even "name" the years, like 6 months = Novice, 1 year = Apprentice.

Something along those lines.

Vet rewards are a nice idea, through they should be fluff only and not imbalance the game, in most games the vet rewards are minor. Like a little pet, a emblem, a little fancy bracelet that gives you 2% + on resistances and such. Still nice to have but not imbalancing the game for newer players.

For Istaria I could see shoulder pets, emblems, unique looking armor and weapons, Plot decoraction, Lair murals etc.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Vet rewards are a nice idea, through they should be fluff only and not imbalance the game, in most games the vet rewards are minor. Like a little pet, a emblem, a little fancy bracelet that gives you 2% + on resistances and such. Still nice to have but not imbalancing the game for newer players.

For Istaria I could see shoulder pets, emblems, unique looking armor and weapons, Plot decoraction, Lair murals etc.
    Yeah, that'd be nice. Even maybe an option for a 'novian pack' that'd give you a small bundle of specialized resources (like 'dragon pack' or 'biped pack'). Nothing huge of course, but some players might like a small little boost along the way.

But yes, the emblems and all that would be something fun, unique and not imbalancing at all.... and definitely give people incentive to stick around a bit longer.

what a nice idea Shar

An emblem-like Creme described it- would make me really happy!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Haven't logged in recently, but SWG I believe gives rewards at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months, and then on 6 month intervals after that. They include mostly things like house decorations or mounts. They also give out paintings and other special house decoration items for big event patches.

There are very few ways for us in Istaria to display our fluff without having to sacrifice a small amount of our combat abilities, ie <insert type>pants, shoulder buddies, or masks and face scales. If would be nice if we could have viewable capes, but oh well.

Drev

This was a nice little touch in SWG, but as said most of the rewards were stuff you could put in your house. Would be really nice to have something like an emblem or a shoulder pet though.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i would take an emblem - defender of istaria or some such........
    already sacrificed my shoulder armour for my good and bad 'angels'........
    but some sort of recognition would be nice, i must admit - a lot of us are proved tried and true to horizons and that dedication, officially recognized, should be rewarded in some small but significant way.....

unfortunately, i can also see things from vi's side - even emblems would take resources away from game content to develop and realize - and its not really vi's problem if we hung by our fingernails to a sinking ship. they owe loyalty only to the customers they had, not what some other company did wrong.

so what can be done?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I would like some sort of decorative hat
    (preferably with sockets so it can be useful as armor too).

But agree with Velveeta about taking away resources.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

A bucket hat with sockets for all past, present, and future tokens?

Sorta like a fishing hat all sparkley with hooks and spoons and spinners?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Oh. And I vote for a token that says 'the Insane,' because, ya know, I am!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

SWG also has collections to increase storage to make up for the now god-knows how many items exist in the database now.

They're getting a bit smarter with that part although they still fail to increase pet DB limit and give out pets as rewards.

IMO, if HZ did the same thing, the vets would be worse off. Why? Because that's one less bank slot they have, just like carrying around the 30 crafter tokens before you get master, vet rewards could turn into the same frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    SWG also has collections to increase storage to make up for the now god-knows how many items exist in the database now.

They're getting a bit smarter with that part although they still fail to increase pet DB limit and give out pets as rewards.

IMO, if HZ did the same thing, the vets would be worse off. Why? Because that's one less bank slot they have, just like carrying around the 30 crafter tokens before you get master, vet rewards could turn into the same frustration.
    Increasing vault stack by 10 would be an awsome veteran reward, IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Increasing vault stack by 10 would be an awsome veteran reward, IMHO
    AGREED. <3

Maybe +10 every three months.

Still wouldn't be enough for people like me who end up hauling around hundreds of slots/stacks of items in their inventory for want of vault space, but eh. That's what lair-chambers and halls are for, I guess. *lazy lairshaper* xP
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

This is a project we are actively working on. I can say, however, that none of the Veteran Rewards will have any affect on gameplay what-so-ever. Sorry Zexoin.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This is a project we are actively working on. I can say, however, that none of the Veteran Rewards will have any affect on gameplay what-so-ever. Sorry Zexoin.
    ah, I thought so, heh. Glad it's being worked on anyway

Thread Information