Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternate use for Hoard Items

Default Re: Alternate use for Hoard Items

Reduce greatly hoard drop rate . . . . better to match lore (source of items).
    Disagree - with more and more abilities being tied to hoard (esp. when they get revamped or new ones come out), its no longer about lore. Its about keeping my fight goin .

If hoard was so precious we wouldn't be spending it on half our attacks or whatever anyway. :/
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Indeed, dragons would learn how to do certain attacks without draining their hoard. A weak, hoardless version and a powerful, hoard-draining one.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The original design for them called for hoard items to have coin values. But we decided to remove the coin value so that players would feel compelled to sell or give them to Dragons instead of just pawning them.

I can quite easily add the coin value back.
    This, is a good idea imo. Not good for dragons but a good idea, and would help resolve my problem with the way hoard works in HZ. Hoard is supposed to be valuble. It's supposed to have a money value. Why do you think that all your tales in storybooks bipeds are stealing from dragon hoards? This would also help create a situation where hoard isn't quite as plentyful to dragon, believe it or not, I don't see this as a bad thing, but more of an insentive for dragons to manage their hoard better. A challenge if you will. As it is, I think it's dumb that bipeds toss hoard treasture away to dragons like junk.

Also please see my comments here as they relate to this topic strongly:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...853#post214853

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Disagree - with more and more abilities being tied to hoard (esp. when they get revamped or new ones come out), its no longer about lore. Its about keeping my fight goin .

If hoard was so precious we wouldn't be spending it on half our attacks or whatever anyway. :/
    That's a flaw in game design. If it was so precious, you would not use your "super attacks" on quite so many undeserving creatures. Hoard attacks are not standard. Very few, if any bipeds can match a dragon damage for damage on a gold rage strike. My point is they should not be meant for spamming at everything in sight, but in critical moments, or against the big names. If you overuse them you simply should weaken yourself.

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden View Post
    Restore coin value. Fine if that would make you happy.

Reduce greatly hoard drop rate . . . . better to match lore (source of items). Were does it say in lore that Dragons use up their hoard in order to use an attack? If it is stated somewere show me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

Argee

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    That's a flaw in game design. If it was so precious, you would not use your "super attacks" on quite so many undeserving creatures. Hoard attacks are not standard. Very few, if any bipeds can match a dragon damage for damage on a gold rage strike. My point is they should not be meant for spamming at everything in sight, but in critical moments, or against the big names. If you overuse them you simply should weaken yourself.
    IMHO there is only 1 big design flaw in the game... That 1 dragon can fight a certain amount of mobs and that only a very small percentage of the time that same dragon loots stuff usable for him.

You have no idea how often I loot construction forms for a biped plot building... While I hate playing a biped myself, so cannot use it for my own alts.

Change the loot tables so that mobs have a 50 % chance of dropping mob specific loot and split the remaining percentage into loot specificly for bipeds or dragons.
    From the remaining 50 %:
    Bipeds loot 90% of the time biped usable forms/tech and only 10% hoard items and dragon forms/tech.
    Dragons loot 90% hoarditems and dragon usable forms/tech and 10% biped tech/forms.

Took me over 3 weeks to loot 2 forms I needed (namely Expert Quickening Breeze and Rejuvinating Breeze) while some biped forms/tech I looted on a daily basis.

When this is done and my dragon no longer is burdened by the massive amount of biped items I only dump on PB. The devs can even consider lowering the hoardvalue of items by 50-75%.

Ow yeah and for the Helium dragons who like to craft biped spells… Buy your forms from bipeds or hunt with a biped alt.

With this suggestion in action no biped will ever whine again about a few hoarditems.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Well spoken, Dragon!! I sign this!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I like the idea too, but I think it should maybe be more of a 80% chance to get stuff you can use and 20% you can't. Still a big difference but it won't make it near impossible to get things you want for biped pals and such

Either way, it's a nice idea ^,^

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    With this suggestion in action no biped will ever whine again about a few hoarditems.
    Never saw a whining Biped about hoard items. But it is a typical response from Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Never saw a whining Biped about hoard items. But it is a typical response from Dragons.
    You understand what I mean.
    With my idea although probably hart to implement would mean everybody gets a little easier what he/she wants instead of mostly things he/she dont want. Percentages are up to discussion, but the idea is clear enough I reckon.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

You understand what I mean.
    With my idea although probably hart to implement would mean everybody gets a little easier what he/she wants instead of mostly things he/she dont want. Percentages are up to discussion, but the idea is clear enough I reckon.
    Fully agree with the percentage of drops. It could even be broken down to craft schools if needed. Be in a Blacksmith school and Blacksmith forms drop more often, etc.

This will probably never happen because of the code that would have to be written to look at who is at the particular mob at the time.

"Just a little easier here."
    "Just a little easier there."
    "It's not asking for much."

Pretty soon you end up with Hello Kitty Online. No thanks.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post

Drev
    Quoted for truth.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Drev

amen, my homie!!! true dat all day!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Drev
    Sertainly agreed.

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar

Drev
    Agreed 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

One thing that could be done would be releasing a form "Hoard Collections" which could work in a similiar way as bottle cap collections. Could use ingenuity skill, (anyone bipeds included could then make the collections). A complete collection could have a nice bonus to the total hoard value.

Sub collections: All the Gold items makes the Gold Collection, etc.

The main collection could require the antiquated collection, ornamental collection, exquisite collection, priceless collection, bronze collection, silver collection, gold collection, platinum collection, Royal collection, imperial collection, rare item collection (banner of palmyra, staff of sorcerer set of items).

Only item that doesn't fit is the dented bell (and old hoard items no longer available). Only hoard item that is currently missing is the Ornamental Dagger.

The final collection could have a nice 2x (or more) the sum total of all the pieces hoard value. The sub collections could be 1.5x there individual values. Could even toss in Demon Axe as the granny cap equivalent or something

Something like that.

I like the idea of hoard collections, would then give players something to do, like Guaran sugested.

Ornamental dagger was there in the past, but was removed after the hoard item revamp sadly, my ornamental dagger turned then in just a antiquated one back then. The dented bell we can leave out I think. The ones that are not aviable anymore are Stuffed Exotic Bord, Stuffed Tropical Bird, Mutaku Urn, Kriballian Coffer, Daëlic Orb, Lilden Scepter . Ancient Barasavian Crown is a other story, it was long time one of the "lost" hoard items, but got then reintroduced with the item revamp.

I don't know if a "Demon" collection would make sense, since those are weapons and no hoard items, yes they have high hoard value but are in my opinion too valuable to be tossed in the hoard.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeah i like gua's idea too!! all my alts share an avid passion for collection!!
    that would be plenty reason for mw to get back to hunting........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

ooh, something to display my bells collection in would be lovely! and a better place to stow all those klava urns... :-)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    Restore coin value. Fine if that would make you happy.

Reduce greatly hoard drop rate . . . . better to match lore (source of items). Were does it say in lore that Dragons use up their hoard in order to use an attack? If it is stated somewere show me!
    Perhaps I was unclear. Creatures that drop dragon haord items must have gathered them from????

Yes, a dragon's hoard. Dragon tombs being raided was an old, old event. Certainly the hoards didn't have a near infinite number of valuable items dragons would have collected.

Again, game mechanics that detract from lore.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information