Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armor and Scale Dye Solvent

Default Armor and Scale Dye Solvent

This suggestion is as the title seems, a kit that can remove applied colors from scale and armor simmilar to how the Armor and Scale Dye kits apply the color.

Soraii / Alaysar

Default Re: Armor and Scale Dye Solvent

Now this is something we could really use. Partially the reason why I don't dye my own scales or armor is that often I think if I don't like the color, or I think it looked better before as the original, there is no "undo" buton available.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

For sale to adults and ancients only?

Well you can drag simply a other color over the current one, but if you want the original color, well yeah such a thing would be useful.

And Steelclaw, you are a horrible person.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Unfortunately there is no way to remove a technique once it has been applied. The best that could be done(I think) was a "blank dye" tech. and I'd have to test that to see if it even worked.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

'Invisible dye' worked to return one of my armors of valor back to its original color.

I think Silverblaze suggested it, and it worked.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Well one way is all armor could have an invisible "Undyed" dye kit on it by default the dye solven coult then change the custom dye back to the default one?

Soraii

I just remembered, however, that I was trying to get it to appear as it did originally in my vault.

I'm sure it would be invisible if I could put it on.

Sorry. Next suggestion.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    'Invisible dye' worked to return one of my armors of valor back to its original color.

I think Silverblaze suggested it, and it worked.
    Dyeing scales with the "Invisible" Dye tech makes them unusable. invisible dyed items are useable only by Saris, Satyr, Dryad, Sslisk.

A solution to the OP's request might simply be to allow dragon to use invisible dye. Wait. that wouldn't work because then it would have the invis-ish look. Simply another color basically.

Another possible solution would be to make 10 Dye colors that would equal the existing scale colors: Sandstone, Bronze-Sandstone, Slate, Iron-Slate, Granite, Steel-Granite, Obsidian, Cobalt-Obsidian, Marble, Mithril Marble. Possibly 15 colors since things like focus scales are Mithril only, and might have a different color than "Mithril-Marble". These new colors could even be useable by bipeds on their armor for some new color choices, and the ability to return their armors to original colors as well.

Dye kits do not change color of scales they only changes the name of scales.

Knossos

Well it changes the colors for me, maybe you should look at them in icon view as well

They arent visible on the dragon but they most definatly color the icons.

Soraii

Sorry, I meant on the dragon - much the same as dyes on invisible biped head and face gear - dyes only for convenience in storing armor sets.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A solution to the OP's request might simply be to allow dragon to use invisible dye. Wait. that wouldn't work because then it would have the invis-ish look. Simply another color basically.
    Wouldn't this not matter? Since the colored scales don't show when you wear them anyways.

The only problem might be finding invisible scales in your storage space. XD
    <----clicky!

While indeed this would be less usefull for a dragon, and more usefull for a biped. It is just something that always confused me. the ability to add a "changeable" customisation but not to remove it. At least here it's actually the item you are dying and not the armor slot (*cought*EQ*cough*) which really gets annoying without a way to remove dyes >_> So you can just get another item to have default color again.

Soraii

Maybe someone can explain to me why a dragon would use dyes since it is not seen except in the equipment screen?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Maybe someone can explain to me why a dragon would use dyes since it is not seen except in the equipment screen?
    To sort scales, I have for example dyed my different craft scales in differnt colors that i know ohh that blue one is for essence stuff and ooh the red is for stone etc.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    To sort scales, I have for example dyed my different craft scales in differnt colors that i know ohh that blue one is for essence stuff and ooh the red is for stone etc.
    Ok... quite logical now you mention ... thanks for the explanation
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

When you have 10 sets of scales .. as a bunch of us do -- dying makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    When you have 10 sets of scales .. as a bunch of us do -- dying makes a lot of sense.
    When all else fails, name them according to what you teched them with. Then you can find all your scales in one spot if you switch to the list mode.
    <----clicky!

But reading is hard! Purple is crystal shaping. Blood is mining and black is stonecrafting! That's all I need to know.

Thread Information