Thread: Resource Requests

Default Resource Requests

I know that the HCC has a little room for this and is expanding in this area but I was wondering if it would be possible to add a new type of connie to the game (there might be another way to do this but this is what I thought would work).

The idea is basically like putting money on your plot/lair for people to contribute, but rather done through a connie where you but in a request at a certain price per unit (T1-T6 of course, and also for raw resources as well) and a player can fulfill it and get paid. The resources could then go into the players vault.

eg. I want 1000 bronze bars at 20c each. The connie takes 22 silver (10% connie fee) off me. A player comes alone and goes "Well that is easy money" goes and makes said bars and gets paid. Bars go into my vault.

This means that I don't have to be online at the same time as another player to get resources which also means that I have to do less myself and spreads the money around the players more

We have all been hearing about how bad the economy is for new (and low lvl players) and I think that something like this could help this problem.

I also know the devs might not like the idea of dumping it in you vault. All I can say is I know of quite a few players with vaults that are bursting because they use the connie loop hole to get more stuff in their vault. The games doesn't seem to mind too much.

Best places would be Brist, NT and the other place (Aug I think)

Comments?

Default Re: Resource Requests

That is a reverse consigner and the technology for this does not exist (and it is a very complicated system to implement as we discussed it often in 2005 and 2006).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I don't see the point. Why not just put coin on the structures like normal?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    That is a reverse consigner and the technology for this does not exist (and it is a very complicated system to implement as we discussed it often in 2005 and 2006).
    Too bad, nice idea though
    Guild Metal Sun on Order Shard.
    Featureing Unger Smith the Human, focused on Construction trades,
    and Token_Dawn Star the adult dragon of 70 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You pay people to craft the easy materials and you craft and place the building blocks yourself.
    In the case of lairshaping you build your lair, but dont have to get the basic materials, so the most grinding work is done for you.

If players have the coin it would be a nice addition.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Dragonboy has it right. Also it is a mechanism to get much needed coin to the low level players from the high level players. For example: Dragons can't Lairshape until they are around level 20 or 21 craft. They can't put resources into my lair even if there was coin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Dragonboy has it right. Also it is a mechanism to get much needed coin to the low level players from the high level players. For example: Dragons can't Lairshape until they are around level 20 or 21 craft. They can't put resources into my lair even if there was coin on it.
    If the devs have already said that the problem is too hard to solve, not much point in arguing for it.
    Guild Metal Sun on Order Shard.
    Featureing Unger Smith the Human, focused on Construction trades,
    and Token_Dawn Star the adult dragon of 70 seasons.

Thread Information