Thread: Aquia's Story

Default Aquia's Story

I recently made a hatchling on Order and then I was inspired by a dream to write this story of how she came to be please comment I’m a rusty writer. sorry if i miss spelled any of the Names..

It was a time long ago back when the island of Draak was a great place of teaching for hatchlings to learn and dragons to live. Hatchlings played freely and learned all they needed to know about the world around them. There was a dragon couple named Ember and Quil, they were two of the best teachers on the island. Ember was a very fiery dragoness who ran a strict day care for little ones but she had a very soft heart and loved each of them dearly as she would have loved her own. Quil was a teacher of defense he was much older than Ember and had suffered from fighting the Withered Aegis, leaving him with many scars along his face and front flanks but he and Ember shared a love deeper than the Rift. The dragon couple decided to not have any hatchlings but that did not prevent Ember from longing for a child she begged Quil for just one hatchling and eventually he agreed. Months later Ember laid an egg it was a very soft shade of blue almost white, they couldn’t have been happier, but their happiness was not to last. The sun rose across the ocean on a dark cloudy day as it rose all hope seemed to go with it and it disappeared up into the clouds… the dragons on the island of Draak did not take much notice they believed it was just another cloudy day and were hopefully expecting rain. Ember was watching over some little ones when a sharp cry was heard her head whipped around already recognizing the sound it was the alarm. The island was under ATTACK! Fearing most for the hatchlings she gathered them around her and told them to follow closely, she had to get them somewhere safe. They followed her as fast as they could.. but as they rounded the edge of a rock Ember saw what she feared most the Withered Aegis not just a few but hundreds massacring anything and anyone in their way regardless of age and size… she saw one of her dearest friends fall. Then the zombie turned to look at her Ember roared in rage and prepared to fight. Quil swooped down in front of her crushing the zombie. The hatchlings began to cry and cringed to Embers side. “We must fly! Dear one!� Quil pleaded. Ember shook her head, “I will not leave them hear!� she gazed at the hatchlings tears streaming her face. Behind them their once dragon friends were rising as demons under the control of the Aegis they began to march toward them shrieking and calling to them. Quil gazed at Ember and the two dragons nuzzled each other knowing that this was it… they turned towards their new enemies and braced themselves for battle the little hatchlings cowering behind them. They did not give up even as they fell... Ember looked up to the sky seeing it darkening black and green swirls and she whispered, “Aquia…�

The island of Draak fell that day partly to the control of the Aegis, 3 instructors stayed on the island to teach of its history and to monitor the island their names were Nezra, Kalrenta and Mesetha. One day Mesetha was exploring the beach along the borders of where the Aegis rule this day though something caught her eye… a batch of bramble growing around something… she inched closer careful not to disturb the undead hatchlings near by. As she neared the strange object she began to recognize what it was... “Oh… Oh my!� she whispered… it was in fact... A dragon’s nest. And not only was a nest... but there an egg. it was dark black, blighted no doubt about that, it was harder than anything Mesetha had ever felt in her claws… she picked up the egg and sat back on her haunches then raised it to her ear… there was a quiet *thump thump…. Thump thump* before Mesetha could stop herself she gasped and dropped the egg… it rolled down the sand to the edge of the ocean where the waves caressed it. She quickly ran to it and picked it up again. The hatchlings by this time had noticed and started to creep towards her… Mesetha ran a few paces then launched herself into the air. *I have to show Nezra and Kalrenta* she thought and quickened the beat of her wings. She swooped down into Nezra’s Cave to find her and Kalrenta hunched over some scroll debating about some history. Mesetha cleared her throat loudly hobbling into the cave holding the egg in one paw. The two dragonesses’ heads whipped around. Both of their eyes studied Mesatha’s paw. “What in the name of Istaria is that?� Nezra said. Kalrenta walked over quickly and sniffed the dark object. Mesetha shushed them as the questions began flooding out. They quieted to hear her story. “I believe it’s a dragon’s egg, blighted from the take over of Draak, I found it when exploring along the beach.� The dragons exchanged a look and began to laugh… Mesetha growled softly. Nezra spoke first, “Now now don’t get your scales in a twist, but listen to how ridiculous you sound… a dragon’s egg from the take over? It is probably dead. And if it is alive it will be a hostile wild hatchling up to no good. We should destroy it right now!� Mesetha could not explain her self as she suddenly felt protective over the egg. “No,� she said softly, “we can’t what about the little one?� Kalrenta who had been quiet this whole time spoke, “There may be something we can do… I am somewhat skilled in the skill of purifying and healing… maybe it could help the little one… by Draklur’s strength… there could be a way.� Mesetha’s eyes lit up excitedly,� oh thank you! We can do this we must try.� Kalrenta paced around the lair firing of a list of things she would need, while Nezra wrote them down. Soon the 3 of them gathered up all they needed. Kalrenta set up a shrine to honor Draklur and dug a small pool for the egg to be set in the purest water in front of the shrine, the three dragons casted the strongest spells they could find on the egg and prayed. Mesetha prayed the most staying at the shrine for almost a whole week, fasting and continually praying. They noticed small changes in the egg… few light blue specks scattered across the egg for a few days only to darken again. One night as Mesetha was praying the egg began to squeal and cry loudly or rather the hatchling inside… the egg shook violently so Mesetha took it out of the pool and Nezra and Kalrenta were soon with Mesetha overlooking the egg… it was suddenly silent and still…. Then as if Draklur himself was there with them a loud ROAR shook the room and the egg hatched… the dragons were prepared for the blighted hatchling ready to strike and kill. But they were not prepared for this… A dark blue hatchling rolled out on the floor… with the most beautiful bright blue stripes across its flanks... it’s eyes were the darkest part of its body... an even darker blue… the 3 dragons gaped at the little one… Dralkur’s voice rang through the lair, “Aquia welcome to the world you have been saved little one... you have been purified.� The little one squealed softly and stumbled to stand up…Mesetha did not hesitate as she picked up the hatchling and nuzzled her. “Aquia…� she cooed softly.

To be continued. :P

Default Re: Aquia's Story

Aww, that's really great so far, Agua!

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Default Re: Aquia's Story

thanks trica

Thread Information