Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 159

Default Re: Blight Delta 159

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Correct, Drevar. Cleaning up loot tables primarily means removing the resources that drop. But also adjusting the %s for tech comps, trophies, and other loot tables.
    But.... shouldn't golems and treants drop raw resources? They ARE made of resources, afterall...
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

They can still be "mined" for resources if you want--they are still counted as resource nodes. They simply won't have them in their loot tables. I am sure you have had times when you open the corpse and see two stacks of 1 stone slabs. That's two loot rolls that ended up being "wasted", especially if you aren't collecting slabs at the time. Removing resources means the other stuff has a better chance of dropping when loot is rolled for.

Drev

Hopefully, then, quests that require you to collect a certain amount of a resource from its golem will be changed...which will also affect the ability of an adventurer to complete quests at their level unless they also have crafting at that level.

For instance, Aine could kill the marble golems for Mayor Clause's ornaments with ease, thus collecting the slabs he required. Her crafting, however, was not high enough to have gathered those same slabs from the corpse. I am sure she is not alone in that type of situation.

Just an observation, and perhaps a faulty one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    what does DRG stand for? besides the all-too-obvious Dragon?
    You can ignore that. It was for a NPC Dragon school that I mistakenly added an abbreviation for and it showed up in the list.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by aine View Post
    Hopefully, then, quests that require you to collect a certain amount of a resource from its golem will be changed...which will also affect the ability of an adventurer to complete quests at their level unless they also have crafting at that level.

For instance, Aine could kill the marble golems for Mayor Clause's ornaments with ease, thus collecting the slabs he required. Her crafting, however, was not high enough to have gathered those same slabs from the corpse. I am sure she is not alone in that type of situation.

Gathered slabs anyway didnt count on those quests, you had to loot them, and those are anyway being removed in this delta.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Whoohoo! Is this permanent?

I never really did understand why the stat reductions were there. It's good that they're gone :P

~Galde
    Because we become smaller, less massive, and bipedal? And are not used to applying our strength in the different form?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Because we become smaller, less massive, and bipedal? And are not used to applying our strength in the different form?
    Because the original purpose of Khutit form was to allow you to get into buildings, nothing more. You weren't intended to craft or anything while in that form. Hence, the original designers wanted a penalty on Khutit form to discourage players from doing stuff in that form other than shopping or what-have-you.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Aww. Blow my 'game logic' right out into the street.

I've been planning a scaleset to counter the khutit penalties, too.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I did notice that the game executable is still called Horizons.exe and calls itself Horizons on the task bar even though the game changed names from Horizons to Istaria

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aine

Gathered slabs anyway didnt count on those quests, you had to loot them, and those are anyway being removed in this delta.
    More to the point, a number of dragon quests, as I recall, require looting of resources. Biped too. Would be a good thing to look through.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

This has been done, walkerglassmire.

Velea glad to see that you've managed to find your Wisp Whistle and call the wisp home from vacation and to once again hang around wisp island nice to see the little guys yes Tainted Essence again !!

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    Velea glad to see that you've managed to find your Wisp Whistle and call the wisp home from vacation and to once again hang around wisp island nice to see the little guys yes Tainted Essence again !!

ooooh, that's very good news!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

This is what you call a "stealth fix".

I purposely didn't put anything in the public patch notes because I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up until I knew it would work.

But yes, as of this delta set the wisps appear to be back on wisp island.

Yay!! So glad the wisps have been found

The wisps are tanned, rested, and ready!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

On the new Storm Discpile quest The way of the Stoner
    1) Listen to Essile (ok)
    2)Defeat ten (10) golems of stone anytype (nope) does not consider sandstone or slate golems as golems , quest did not update.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    On the new Storm Discpile quest The way of the Stoner
    1) Listen to Essile (ok)
    2)Defeat ten (10) golems of stone anytype (nope) does not consider sandstone or slate golems as golems , quest did not update.
    He tells you where to go to find them.

"Defeat ten (10) golems of stone (any type of stone on the mainland will work)"

Mainland. i.e. not lesser aradoth which is an island.

Stulkes to mainland sorry that was not clear enough. needs a (not Lessar Adaroth) for us simple minded people) lol
    Thank You Amon

slate is on the peninsula, not an island... might clarify why those don't count too. perhaps of granite or harder substances?

Thread Information