Thread: graphic issues?

Unhappy graphic issues?

before the recent blight restart, everything graphic wise was fine. But after the restart the plot properties window would show, but the structure lists all the menus would not show, so I tried clearing the world cache, relogging, even rebooting. Now im getting all kinds of compass objects popping up where there should be structures and npcs. even in bristugo, 1/2 of the portal gates were gone and compasses in their place. before deleting the cache this was not happening.

IMO, sounds like:

1. blight didnt restart properly, or
    2. it is not sending all the terrain and object info, or
    3. graphical bugs in client may have surfaced

I couldnt get any help on blight at this time since hardly anyone was on after restart.

can anyone please help comfirm any of these issues?

Default Re: graphic issues?

Popped on to see, GP, and I also had compass points in place of machines, although all of the portals in Bris were available to me. Interestingly, the compass points that were the stoneworking table in Selen work just fine (they craft stone), lol. Several others are on now, and all are experiencing similar sights.

This may be due to a code optimization we applied to Blight to try and reduce bandwidth consumption. We're looking into it. Thank you for letting us know.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

also, when I try to open the plot window, the window would appear but no information shows up. hitting the '+' button shows only a blank window.
    I dont know if this is a related to the problem, but I thought I'd mention it

I'm still showing Compasses on crafting sturctures after restart today. I checked chic (players lair compasses regular craft lairs were fine), Abandoned Island was showing compasses for me, Last stand was showing compasses but Apia was fine all the craftshops were normal. Ianville and the plot as you port to Troy showed compasses.
    This was not happening for everyone but only some.

Thanks CC

Quote Originally Posted by CottenCandy View Post
    I'm still showing Compasses on crafting sturctures after restart today. I checked chic (players lair compasses regular craft lairs were fine), Abandoned Island was showing compasses for me, Last stand was showing compasses but Apia was fine all the craftshops were normal. Ianville and the plot as you port to Troy showed compasses.
    This was not happening for everyone but only some.

Thanks CC
    lol that's funny - I logged on and visited the Tower of Magery and saw compasses and "broken" compasses on the ground... I'd never been there before and thought they were meant to be there i.e. part of the scenery

Thread Information