Thread: Prayers for Aussies affected by the fires

Default Prayers for Aussies affected by the fires

Saw the sad news about all the wildfires and over 100 dead in Australia, near Melbourne. Many condolences to all affected; wildfires can be really fast and are very scary. My thoughts and prayers go out for you.

Default Re: Prayers for Aussies affected by the fires

I have a aunt that lives near Melbourne, I am very worried and called her already and she said she is fine with her family. I hope the fires stop soon, but the most sad part it the fires where made by silly people that set a blaze the fires.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*hugs*
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

I hope all our Australian friends and their families are safe and that the danger passes quickly.

they are def. in my prayers

There is major flooding in the north, too, so many not affected by the fires are affected by the floods. My heart goes out to them all.

Unfortunately the death toll is now upwards of 200, and set to climb further. The scale of devastation is unbelievable, and this is the worst firestorm in Australia's (colonised) history. There is evidence that the main front of the fire, pushed forward by staggering heat and 5 years of drought, was travelling in excess of 100km/hr (>60 miles/hr). People couldn't drive fast enough to outrun it. Metal was melted in most areas of the firestorm to give you an example of the intense heat involved.

I have been lucky - none of my families and friends have been involved, and the closest I have experienced is a friends cousin who, while trying to warn a group of campers, rounded a bend in the road to fast and lost it on his quad bike - 6 cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Thankfully, the fire didn't get near him or the campsite.

There has, of course, been extensive coverage on all media in Australia (and around the world). However after the first reports of entire families perishing in their cars while trying to escape, and with a family of my own, I find it too difficult to watch any more. There are a number of charity organisations who have been thankfully inundated with assistance and aid (to the point where they have actually had to turn away gifts because they physically can't handle the amount they have received!) and we have been more than happy to assist in that way.

Most of the fires here appear to have been started by Arsonists, as there were no lightning storms or other similar natural incidents. It is tough to know whether to curse them for their actions, pity them for their mental state, or some combination thereof.

Thankyou all for your kind words. As others have said, I hope your friends and family stay safe.

I will send my prayers out to the people of Australia, May The Lord walk with them and keep them comfert.

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

They are in my thoughts and prayers as well, those suffering from the fire and those from the flood. I hope everything gets taken care of soon.

Thread Information