Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Treasure Chest Discussion

Default Treasure Chest Discussion

To find what this discussion is about go here.

Default Re: Treasure Chest Discussion

Nice to see that Clay is going to be back for useage again.

Are Geostones made of clay? I've never had to deal with a geostone before.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Yep, Geostone is Tier 5 clay. Btw, Porcelain is the Tier 6 clay.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Hey, this is great I love this idea

So, will these chests drop as loot or some such, or will they be more of a world-event sort of movement? :P

Will they have good stuff in them too? It'd be a bit of a drag to open a chest only to find it has... I dunno... an ogre jawbone in it. XD

~Galde

Will keys still drop as loot as first spoken of or will they be crafted only?

Galdethriel it was my understanding that they would have loot and could be found in and outside the labyrinth. But that may have changed. At one time they spoke of them having random spawn locations around the world.

I'm supposing the Ultra-rare skeleton key is also player made. In which case I would suppose that the reason it is ultra-rare is because one of its components is a rare drop.

Ah, we don't need no stinking keys! Let's just go shake down the Key Master in LA Deadlands.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Will keys still drop as loot as first spoken of or will they be crafted only?
    Read it again

"Each requires the use of its respective key. But where do the keys come from, you're probably wondering? Easy! They come from the Gifted! Yes, Tinkerers will be in high demand once the Labyrinth arrives, because keys require the expert knowledge of a Tinkerer to create."

Galad: You'll just have to wait for that info

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

One question that I did have after thinking about it:

The Skeleton key is ultra rare. Rarer than, though unknown by how much, the Magical Adamantium Key (or whatever the name for the highest magical key). Although the Skeleton Key could open any chest, since it is ultra rare, who would use it on a cedar chest, or cobalt chest, or even a standard tavertine chest?

If it is too ultra rare in proportion to Magical Adamantium Key, who cares if you have a Skeleton Key? I have 5 Magical Adamantium Keys, 3 Magical Tavertine Keys, and 4 Magical Thornwood Keys.

The only advantage to the skeleton key would be that it could open any of the top Magical Chests. With it being ultra rare, any other use would appear foolhardy.

Unless perhaps the Skeleton Key could be used more than once, maybe it could have a 5-use limit or something; that'd make it valuable!

Or perhaps there could be superchests that only the Skeleton key could open

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    One question that I did have after thinking about it:

The Skeleton key is ultra rare. Rarer than, though unknown by how much, the Magical Adamantium Key (or whatever the name for the highest magical key). Although the Skeleton Key could open any chest, since it is ultra rare, who would use it on a cedar chest, or cobalt chest, or even a standard tavertine chest?

If it is too ultra rare in proportion to Magical Adamantium Key, who cares if you have a Skeleton Key? I have 5 Magical Adamantium Keys, 3 Magical Tavertine Keys, and 4 Magical Thornwood Keys.

The only advantage to the skeleton key would be that it could open any of the top Magical Chests. With it being ultra rare, any other use would appear foolhardy.
    There are no Magical Travertine or Thornwood keys. Keys are only made of metal.

Well this sounds great Time to level tinker !

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There are no Magical Travertine or Thornwood keys. Keys are only made of metal.
    Ok, I guess I was confused by the:

"Chests come in many varieties and materials, including different types of wood, metal and even stone."

and

"Keys as well as chests will come in two varieties, non-magical and magical. Each requires the use of its respective key"

I do see now that the variety of key is Magical and Non-magical, not in the materials. Sorry for any confusion that I may have introduced.

Ok, great! Happy to have the chests, they are somthing new! However what I'm conserned about is their contents. I'm hoping it's not going to be yet some more Expert formulas that I get from everything else I fight. To be honest, I wish Istaria had more unique weapons, or unique weapon forms you can't get anywhere else.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Yep, Geostone is Tier 5 clay. Btw, Porcelain is the Tier 6 clay.
    Does this mean there will be Porcelain clay nodes added someplace?

*takes off her battle scales*

i dont want this to be a rant between races or anything because i do have a saris and a dragon granted my dragon agua is ancient and my saris is very low in level but i guess i realize that tinkers will be making them.. how do dragons get them? i am assuming the staff wants the races to work together but on a side note i know i can not get my saris to level 100 tinker in time.. and it would stink if people charged insane amount of coins for a key to be made... just looking for some clarification not a battle *awaits an answer*

also i think these are a great idea and i cant wait to open a chest
    nice work team and thank you for the update and all your hard work

How about if some chests need keys and others crystal keys?

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Getting keys is "easy": You buy them or you get them from a Tinkerer.

yes i under stand that part.. i just hope it doesnt become a who can pay the most for this key.. i hope it doesnt get rediculous

I think I like Callak's idea of having a strain of dragon-made keys. Would certainly make things a bit more interesting :P

~Galde

Thread Information