Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Treasure Chest Discussion

Default Re: Treasure Chest Discussion

dont believe dragons need to have a seperate key set made i will get mine from tinkers and thats fine i was just asking if that was the only way to.. as previously stated i dont want to get into the biped vs. dragon war.. we all have things that make us unque and different. and im sure that a few of my friends will be will to lend a hand thanks for answering my question so quickly amon.
    ~Agua

Oh uhm... please don't think me and Callak were trying to start a biped vs. dragon thing, I don't believe that was Callak's intention and it definately wasn't mine. ^,^

Either way... I'm definately looking forward to these too Having surprise special loot will be just great, another reason to hunt. X3

~Galde

These treasure chests sound very interesting.

Will they be first monsters that turn to regular chest when defeated (Mimics to make short)?

I also support the suggestion of crystal key, made by Dragons. But it would need some crystal chests as well.
    But their treasures shouldn't be Dragon restricted: like the other ones, you could find biped or Dragon materials in them. That means bipeds would need crystal keys from Dragons and Dragons would need metal keys from bipeds: that would give a nice interaction between the races.
    And for the mould, an Imbued Gem Mould would do the job (metal + gems + essence + pattern for example).
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I love the idea of treasure chests.

I also love Firebrand's thoughts on a crystal key/chest and completely support it.

Anyway it happens, I'll be happy. <3 Awesome work, Vi.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Oh uhm... please don't think me and Callak were trying to start a biped vs. dragon thing, I don't believe that was Callak's intention and it definately wasn't mine. ^,^

Either way... I'm definately looking forward to these too Having surprise special loot will be just great, another reason to hunt. X3

~Galde

oh my apologies to didnt mean that you and callak were trying to start something *wing hugs* ment more for my sake :P

My thought for the keys is to possibly have azulyte be one of the resources needed for the keys.

oooh, i'm all excited even more now about the upcoming labrynth!!
    i love the idea of dragons making crystal keys, too. probably a bit too far along the development path to put out immediately but maybe a later add in?

anyway, yay!! go Virtrium!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    My thought for the keys is to possibly have azulyte be one of the resources needed for the keys.
    That is an idea, let them be made by tinker but require some focused azulyte in the recipe. Dragons wouldnt be doing much more then supplying a resource that the tinkerers would use, but we would be helping none the less... a few focused _tier_ azulyte crystals for the tier of the key. Makes sense.. tinkerers make use of anything they get their hands on. And as it would be "Focused" it would require lairshaping leveled to provide the higher tier ones

Soraii / Alaysar

I had in mind that the crystal keys were completable in entirety by dragons, and looked like a focused crystal, instead of inserting it into a keyhole you had to put it into an empty gem fitting on the chest. Regular keys would not work on crystal key chests, and crystal keys would not work on regular chests, but I do like the idea of unrestricted loot in both.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Love the idea of chest and keys and cant wait for the Labyrinth. but I wish that from time to time dragons could be included in making special items. All races can make food, except dragons, all races will be able to make keys, except dragons. Once, I'd like to see that reverse.

Mmmmm keys and chests...*sniff sniff* I smell AC!

And to nip this in the bud...
    Will keys be stackable or are they "special" enough that they require a bit of logistics? In AC there were many types of keys and they didn't stack, however there were keyrings that could hold 50 (I think) of one type of key. Istarian keyrings could be containers that only hold keys, or keyrings could just have a number of charges, each charge representing one key and each key would function as a single recharge.

What is the mechanic for using keys on chests? Right click context option?
    Will the overland dynamic spawned guarded camp + chest mechanic come in with this or will it be something put in further out?
    Will there be static spawns of chests, like in the Bloodfin Chieftain's hut, etc. that might require special drop only keys?
    Argh..brain...overloading...just the simple addition of chests opens up so much potential content and changes to both adventuring and crafting it is making me dizzy...
    /end dev mode frenzy

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; February 11th, 2009 at 04:13 AM.

These Keys, Are they like an equipable tool that can be used over and over or are they like a potion that is consumed when you use it?

Ah great. It's nice to get something as a tinkerer.
    Looking forward to it.
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Love the idea of chest and keys and cant wait for the Labyrinth. but I wish that from time to time dragons could be included in making special items. All races can make food, except dragons, all races will be able to make keys, except dragons. Once, I'd like to see that reverse.
    Yeah, I was a bit dissapointed as I saw that dragons are again excluded to make special things.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Great work VI- I`m looking foreward

So- dragons should be able to craft such a thing like a key?
    *looks at her claws* I doubt that.
    *orders a tremendous magnifier from the gnomes*

How would dragons open a chest?
    With a special claw? With a special spell? With a special ability?
    Or even with a special breath *tries it* upps^^

However- I have no probs to ask my biped friends to help me with that.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

They could use azulyte crystals as was suggested. Same way we crafted an azulyte portal key to attune to Draak. ;D

Yeah. ^.^

And also, I kinda see dragons more as huge birds of prey. Like a Roc but with more firebreathing and stuff. X3 And lots of birds of prey have killer vision far superior to any human's in order to spot and expertly grab their prey

Personal opinion, of course. ^.^

~Galde

Well, to be fair, it is only Tinks that can create those keys, not all Bipeds. While Bipeds could (if they don't have the levels) skill up on Tinks.... heck I'd rather buy them from a Tink and go open the chests myself than spend the next 6 months levelling Tinkerer! I expect there is going to be a sudden rush of keys available on connies really soon!

/me queues at Bristugo connie

I think this is a good move if it in some way stimulates the economy - players need Keys, Tinks need to make keys, players provide raw ingredients to Tinks, etc. etc. Even though, Istarians seem particularly immune to any sort of economic pressures - unlike RL lol

<OT>
    I'm still waiting for my Prospecting and Dowaging (sp?) skills to be useful so I can become a L33T U83R HAX0R Istarian...
    </OT>

Yeah, I have noticed that the devs seem to focus on class against class as opposed to race against race (and contrary to most bippi/draggie arguments, if you look at it that way, the dragon class is very powerful and well-rounded. XD )

I'm still dying to ask when the whole Blighted Labyrinth thing will be out, roughly. This year? Next year? The one after? Don't keep me in suspence! XD

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    I'm still dying to ask when the whole Blighted Labyrinth thing will be out, roughly. This year? Next year? The one after? Don't keep me in suspence! XD
    Soon (tm)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information