View Poll Results: I spend most of my time in horizons....

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crafting.

32 38.55%
  • Crafting, but I would hunt more if I could find people to hunt with me.

17 20.48%
  • Hunting.

34 40.96%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters vs crafters

Question Hunters vs crafters

I don't know if I should post this as a rant or a serious topic, but it does bother me, I feel that Istaria has lost a lot of it's warriors and left behind primarily crafters. Just a thought I finally got together a group of players that weren't all 100+ charactors. It was a fun hunt, but I had to log because it was getting late. It seemed like as soon as I said I had to go, the group started falling apart. I'm not sure if this is just because they felt I was a key player or what, but I was a little dissapointed that they didn't want to stick together and keep going, it's so rare to get a group like this together. So.. I'm posting this poll on behavior and opinion. And in rants because I'm unsure if it's deserving of a more illustrious position.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Hunters vs crafters

I'm not surprised that this game would have more crafter population than warrior. In fact, I'd rather expect it. I tend to spend most of my time crafting nowadays, but before that I did a whole bunch of adventuring and hardly any crafting, so it comes and goes. Another problem with directly comparing the time spent doing either is that crafting tends to take longer to make progress in by default.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Ok, that was weird, voted on the topic and got sent to a posting for a german guild on unity.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon
    Ok, that was weird, voted on the topic and got sent to a posting for a german guild on unity.
    Ditto, I wound up here:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Same here

on topic:

I never have probs to find people to hunt with.
    I´m not very fond of hunting alone and I nearly ever do.

I agree to you Callak: For bigger hunting projects (like bosses) it needs a lot of organisation and pre- hunt chatting. Esp. on order. And if the group-leader(s) leave-hunting is over. I do not know why it is that way.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I didn't vote because none of the answers apply.
    I think it's 50/50 for me.

I find hunting in a group rather intense and it quickly tires me. You have to pay attention not only to yourself but you have to watch the group members too (or at least thats how it should be). So no long group hunts for me.

About the group "falling apart" when a member leaves that sounds logical to me. You're playing together for a while and the group dynamic is set to that group. When one leaves (key player or not) that group dynamic changes and that's a good point to stop the hunt (like turning the television off when the commercials start).

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Hunting, because crafting is a horrific bore to me and I prefer hunting alone anyway.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I'm of the type that is kinda in the limbo of things... depending upon the type of crafting, it can tire me easily, i.e. Lairshaping.
    Or hunting, sometimes killing things senselessly... just doesn't sound fun...

so I'll do the bit of the crafting unless I find a group to hunt with

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

50/50 for me to. Depends what I feel like at the time. If I'm on for a short time, I will tend to have a quick hunt because in <5mins I can be hunting mobs (or running away, which seems to happen more often than not!). For longer periods, I will craft instead - often while watching a movie in the background. Hunting is intense, not really possible to do anything else, whereas crafting for more is a slower and casual/relaxed pastime.

Lol wtf I got the same german guild topic. <_<

Anypants, I spend most of the time hunting. Lairshaping just bores the heck out of me and I find often a better excuse to hunt something than rather crafting. Even it is just of the sake, "Hey you named, I don't like your face, because of that I eat you now :P!"

Or I just hang around and chat with my friends, or fly around and visit places where I haven't been long.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I also got the German guild thing. o.o

Anyway, I like to hunt mostly (crafting gets a little boring), but I'm working on a nearly all-craft hatchling called Bluebird (it's killing me! XD ). I tend to go as I feel like; sometimes I'll craft like crazy, sometimes I'll fight like crazy, but I generally like to hunt

~Galde

Weird forum bug

But I'm like Galde. When I do something, I do it like crazy. But I laze most of the time.

This game has crafting? wow.. you learn something new every day.

Got the guild page too. I prefer hunting to crafting, I really only craft when I need to catch up to my level, I find it painfuly boring. So much in fact that I tend to take a couple weeks off from the game after a big craft grind fest :/ . I honestly would love to see decent exp giving craft quest.
    But back on topic.. I tend to solo unless I happen upon someone in the same area that Im in or helping a freind. Im not of the level yet to tackle epic mobs, but I'd love to see more groupable content available for all tiers, just as long as it doesnt become mandatory to group everywhere.

I prefer to hunt, as well.
    And for some strange reason, I have an urge to apply to a German guild...
    Valtaeair - Order
    Dragon - 100 - DCRA - 40 - LSH - 21

The issue with hunting for me is not that I can't find anyone, but I can't usually find anyone of appropriate level. I mean it's quite easy to go out and get power leveled by a 100+ charactor on your alts, but that is not the experience I'm after when I play. When I hunt in a group or with a partner, I'd rather go with someone that is +-10 levels in either direction of the charactor I am playing. I get boored of Callak in a hunt to be honest becaus I can't achieve much more with him outside of some more hoard or comps to perfect his scales. I much more enjoy playing a charactor I can get new levels and abilities off of and play them with a group that lets them participate and work together as a team.
    Though granted things have gotten better, just seemed like the group I was with the other night was awful eager to break up to go craft again.

* snuffles curiously*

You guys are super patient if you prefer crafting to hunting!

Personally, I can't stand spending hours moving stones only to gain levels in a skill that I would best describe as a support skill. When you hunt and get stronger, you feel like you're making progress as opposed to stagnating just so you can get that higher-level scale or claw etc...

Poll is biased!!!

No option for balance as the case or guild requirements present themselves!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I had thought of adding another voting option after I posted it, unfortunately there is no options for editing or deleting posts after you make them so I left it.

* snuffles curiously*

That's fine.

I'm just being my old and cantankerous self.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information