Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2009 Content Patch

Default Re: February 2009 Content Patch

The "rare" trophies have coin values equal or less than their common counterparts. Weren't they supposed to be worth much more?

Ghenium "drops" a Raw Bloodsnout Gruok Chunk for the Dragon Gift V quest. Funny.

Eilen the Mage says she sees that I don't have her new spell yet and (in the text) gives me one. I receive no spell. I have done the quest before, but don't have the ice skill that would be required to start the new quest now.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; February 25th, 2009 at 03:52 AM.

AWESOME job on this patch! New spells, new Dragon's Gift, new sitting animation, (the old one bugged me!).. This is great!

And.. Oh boy! Does this mean I'll get rewards since I have two six month subs?
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    [Techniques "Defense: Spirit Webbing", "Adventure: Dismissal", "Adventure: Eminence", and "Adventure: Primal Vengeance" now have a coin value of 1 and can be consigned.

Dose this mean Primal Vengeance can be obtain once again ? by Rare loot drop or Loyalty rewards ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Hehe, I know someone with a mithril scale that's teched out with three primal vengeances

Just a quick question:
    Quest "Assist Eilen the Mage with her Icy research" now gives a new spell, "Frosty Maelstrom", when completed. For those who have already completed the quest, Eilen will give you the spell directly.
    I could had sworn I did the quest long time ago, yet when I went to get the spell on my dragon Eilen just told me to get out. :P So my question is, is this quest just meant for peds?

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

That quest is for bipeds only.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    Hehe, I know someone with a mithril scale that's teched out with three primal vengeances
    Many old dragon players still have, its the new ppl that cannot have it anymore.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I'm liking the cleaned up loot tables so far... Tier IV techs are dropping more frequently, hoard is dropping a bit more, the trophies drop well... heh, I'm definitely liking this

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

I just have to ...gush or something.

I love you, VI, soooo~ much. <333 You crazy bunch are the epitome of awesome in my books right now.

/end gush.

Only thing I don't like is what happened with Nadia. I was hoping she'd function as a price cap on tech comps.

Tweaked the Beetle resistances to be more in line with lore surrounding beetles (slightly resistant to slash, highly resistance to pierce, vulnerable to crush, vulnerable to spirit, even against everything else)
    Effective way of nerving the dragons farming the beetles for hoard. Without nerving their abilities.

Less damage with Drain Strike, Ravage, Silver Strike, Gold Rage and Staggering Howl.
    Even less damage with Gale Wind and Bite.
    Only damaging abilities are Tail Whip and the breath of Fire / Lightning.
    btw not talking about when Hardened Scales is active, because if active max 50 damage per slash damaging attack.

Not all dragons already have maxed hoards, nor will it be fun getting it without biped assistance. Thank you for the change.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    The "rare" trophies have coin values equal or less than their common counterparts. Weren't they supposed to be worth much more?
    Which ones in particular?

Ghenium "drops" a Raw Bloodsnout Gruok Chunk for the Dragon Gift V quest. Funny.
    Slip o' the finger. Thanks.

Eilen the Mage says she sees that I don't have her new spell yet and (in the text) gives me one. I receive no spell. I have done the quest before, but don't have the ice skill that would be required to start the new quest now.
    Hmm, we'll look into it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Wow, I love all the updates made for dragons on this patch!

Especially new icons and the sitting animation.. I love how the tail keeps swinging from side to side.

<3 Thank you!

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

You folks at VI deserve some cake or something. I'm still less than 2/3 of the way through reading all the changes... this was a HUGE patch! It's really a shame I can't get on right now, cause I sure want to...

Just have to wait till this evening though. *sigh*
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Effective way of nerving the dragons farming the beetles for hoard. Without nerving their abilities.

Less damage with Drain Strike, Ravage, Silver Strike, Gold Rage and Staggering Howl.
    Even less damage with Gale Wind and Bite.
    Only damaging abilities are Tail Whip and the breath of Fire / Lightning.
    btw not talking about when Hardened Scales is active, because if active max 50 damage per slash damaging attack.

Not all dragons already have maxed hoards, nor will it be fun getting it without biped assistance. Thank you for the change.
    Well look like it is time to move away from beetles to say golems. The Pedriot (sp?) Golems were dropping hoard and forms as good as the Ice beetles. I see it more likely that Bipeds will scream that hoard drops even more now then it did before, not dragons screaming that it drops less.

• Cows will now provide more beef than before (yes, more than chickens!)
    Hehehehehehe

Great patch, thank you !

Fabulous patch! Huuuuge and shinyyyy!
    And the new gingerbread gnome icon is adorable!

The changes are great, but I did find a problem with the beetles though- my hatchie barely did any damage to a frost beetle 2 levels above her that hadn't hardened its scales. Couldn't even kill it with refreshing breeze on. They're a little too strong for tiny hatchlings!

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post

Drev
    I tried greeting Eilen as ELAR (I've also previously done the quest, and have 100 mage and 100 conjuror), saw the same thing as you and didn't get the spell. Changed to MAGE school, and she then gave me the spell.

Likely you need to be in one of the schools that can use it such as MAGE, CONJ or WIZ, and have 840 base Ice skill. Once you meet the requirements, she should give it to you. Worked for me anyway.

Did you mean the beetle was two levels BELOW her, Sigvard? Because you said above.

Also, a lot is going to depend on what of your ability quests you've completed for the level 30 range how well you do against various mobs. If you're working on Spiked Scales 3, the small frost beetles do count. But you may have to have some of your other ability quests done first, and be in the mid to later 30's before you can take the beetles on solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigvard View Post
    Fabulous patch! Huuuuge and shinyyyy!
    And the new gingerbread gnome icon is adorable!

The changes are great, but I did find a problem with the beetles though- my hatchie barely did any damage to a frost beetle 2 levels above her that hadn't hardened its scales. Couldn't even kill it with refreshing breeze on. They're a little too strong for tiny hatchlings!
    You'll want to learn the types of resistances the newer mobs have. That was likely your problem.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Summary for February Content Patch:

Additions

• The following abilities, spells, and other items now have their own icons:
      • Chives
    Changes
    • Player-built Taverns now provide a tiered bonus to Death Point reduction (Small offer 200%, Medium 250%, and Large 300%)
    • Cows will now provide more beef than before (yes, more than chickens!)
    • Event costumes are now stackable and hoardable
    • Resources can now be stacked to a maximum of 99,999 per stack.
    Fixes
    • All foods are now assigned their proper icon based on the type of the meal (Main, Side, Dessert, and Appetizer).
    Thanks!!

And the rest looks interesting too!
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Thread Information