Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristugo Changes

Default Bristugo Changes

Hey, first I love the new building...though would be good if they remove the vault keeper sign or put in a vaultkeeper.

Then we come to Nadia...

Had no issue with them removing the low tier comps (think it was T1-t3, might be T3 as well)...pretty much everyone agreed this was a reasonable change.

But now we get to the stuff she still has. There was never any mention of DOUBLING her prices...and we haven't even seen if the drop rates have been improved as suggested.

I have no idea about Chaos, but from everything I know they have a large enough player base to possibly provide all the high-end comps. I do know about Order and all we can do is wait and see what happens.

But if as I feared comes to pass, where suppliers of comps start selling at Nadia prices...until she is removed fromt he game I will continue buying from here because I REFUSE to bulge out someone's pocket. Depending on the luck of the person, and I've had my suspicions on that for a while (an unintentional glitch in the programming)...with no need for large amounts of coin, NO ONE in my opinion should be able to make the kind of money that Nadia-like prices would generate.

All we can do is wait and see...
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Bristugo Changes

double prices at Nadia`s?
    That makes me sad and very angry.
    Not a game enrichment for lots of people on order.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Well they said they adjusted the loot tables for a lot of creatures. It's possible the prices went up because the drop rates also went up. In other words, they want you to work for it now?

We had a long discussion about that here on the forum, Heart.

And yes, you are right, that is the intention.
    But the pros and cons are still the same (look at the Nadia discussion thread).

I've never personally been to the stage where I had to buy components for techs. Either someone made stuff for me, or I went and found them on my own. Really, I don't have a place in the argument, I was just pondering out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    There was never any mention of DOUBLING her prices...and we haven't even seen if the drop rates have been improved as suggested.
    I confess that I've not been hunting on Blight whilst these deltas were testing there .. but by the same token .. we haven't even seen that the drop rates have not been improved. And the patch notes indicate that a lot of changes have been made to loot tables and subsequently drop rates.

Seems a little early to be passing judgement on this one.

My approach would be to go hunt the comps that you need and see what the drop rates are like.

While it is true that the number of people on Chaos is higher than Order (from all reports), the number of people that I see actually buying or selling comps in the marketplace channel on Chaos is small. The vast majority of people get their own comps (it seems to me - I have no irrefutable evidence) either by themselves or with guildmates. I'm assuming that most people on Order have guilds or at least hunting buddies that they can rely on to help them.

There are few to no comps that I cannot get myself solo (not counting the ones I can get with the help of guildmates or through friends).

From memory - the plan was to remove Nadia entirely - it seems the raising of component prices is in fact a compromise to those who wanted her to stay.

I'd advocate hunting the comps, then appealing to the devs for improved drop rates if it really seems so difficult to get the comps you're after.

Also I've *never* seen people selling their comps for the PREVIOUS Nadia Prices (which were thought to be outrageously high since she was put in), so I don't see them selling them for double either..

Esp. if they want them to sell . The idea is that comp sellers can make money by charging LESS than what you can go and buy yourself...not the same.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Well I can only speak for myself and guild, but we will be selling for prices slot less the the old prices. I personally like the raise and hope the folks will be ordering comps again, something I enjoyed doing but dwindled away when many had lots of gold and just went to nadia

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    I personally like the raise and hope the folks will be ordering comps again, something I enjoyed doing but dwindled away when many had lots of gold and just went to nadia
    Excellent point. This change to Nadia's prices is good for the economy because it will encourage players to buy from each other instead of feeding their coins to an NPC.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Excellent point. This change to Nadia's prices is good for the economy because it will encourage players to buy from each other instead of feeding their coins to an NPC.
    People like me who spend al their time collecting comps and then end up giving them away for free D:<

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    Hey...
    All we can do is wait and see...
    In another thread you state you are trying to restart the economy by putting coin on your plot for people to build. Excellent!

In this thread you want to remove your money from the game by putting it into Nadia's purse.
    You don't want to encourage hunters to go out and hunt the comps you want, and allow them to charge a reasonable price for their time, training and effort.

I choose not to spend my time crafting and building, but spend it hunting for comps to sell. It's how I am able to recently afford to put about 9 gold worth of building work on my plot. I can't build it myself so I want others to do that for me and I will pay them generously for their time, training and effort.

I would say that I'm the one who recently started selling comps on Order, through Sir Aidan, for what you might think are highly inflated prices. There is obviously a demand for the comps I sell for up to 60 silver a piece, as I haven't had any Satyr Island comps return to my vault in the past couple of months. I regularly get asked for comps and have standing orders from a number of players for pretty much any Satyr Island comp I loot.

So really, I sell stuff and people buy it and I buy building and crafting services from others. Sounds to me a little bit like some sort of economy going on there.

Why would you not want that?

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    double prices at Nadia`s?
    That makes me sad and very angry.
    Not a game enrichment for lots of people on order.
    Lovwyrm, I'm sorry that what we did upset you. This is one of those issues where acting in the long-term good of the game results in making some of our customers angry in the short term.

We don't set out to make people angry for the fun of it - that would be foolish and self-destructive. We try to act in the best interests of the game over the long term and to make the best decisions we can in order to improve the game for the greatest number of players.

Sometimes that does mean making people who are not just good customers but also valued friends angry. As I said, I'm very sorry for having to do that.

Nadia is a crutch. She was once a necessary evil, but that time has long since passed. For the long-term good of the game, she needs to be removed. A lot of players said, in essence, that they weren't ready. We listened, and we made a compromise.

We did it to encourage players to hunt, and to buy and to sell, and to help one another, and to work for the coin needed to buy from one another, and to allow players who really needed a comp right now to get it, even though it meant paying a high premium for immediate availability.

The problem is not that comps are hard to get - there are those who can get them, if they choose to, and everyone has the option of becoming strong enough to hunt for themselves. The problem is that, simply, Istaria needs more people. More people to go hunting for comps, more people to buy items, more people to group up with. In order for there to be a market for comps, there has to be a need. With Nadia as she was, there would never be enough need for the players who want to hunt comps to make a living.

So, we acted to make her much less of a factor, but didn't remove her entirely. We made the creation of need possible - now, it's up to the players to make the need real, and to step up to meet that need.

There's an old Maori saying about tattoos that applies here:

"Brief, brief the pain; long, long the beauty".
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Well I can only speak for myself and guild, but we will be selling for prices slot less the the old prices. I personally like the raise and hope the folks will be ordering comps again, something I enjoyed doing but dwindled away when many had lots of gold and just went to nadia
    I am one of those people that most of the time went to Nadia and I am afraid for certain WA mobs I did right before the patch. But I did discover since I didnt realy like paying 100s for comps that hunting them especially any deadland can be a pain, but also gives nice coin most of the time. This can then be used for other stuff. Havent checked nadia since the patch, but if prices are raised this high I have a good reason to hunt myself... A thing I did for about 80% of my comps already, guess that is to become 95-100%
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

dear Laughing Otter
    first of all: Thank you for your nice words, and your time.
    I hear you- and you are right. I can sign the concept now.

You know, this dragoness is gettin`old and grumpy-
    and older wights often dislike changes^^

As I can`t affort Nadia anymore I headed to Elnath yesterday.
    Just when I returned- with some dp (my personal prob with Saytyr^^) and no success,
    a friendly biped asked me, if I still need comps.
    Ohh yes I did- so I bought what I needed from him. At fair prices.!
    Some other comps I got from Sir Aidan and the new Lady in Augh.
    Thy to the hunters who filled them up!
    And no- the prices are NOT too high!
    There must be a good reward for the hunters for supplying us with comps!

So if this system works- we all shall benefit from that.

*winghugs LO*

The problem is that, simply, Istaria needs more people.
    You just stated one of the ancient and permanently top issues with the game.

Istaria does not deserve such a low pop, all know it but something prevents the game from taking off and get to its rightful player base, which I estimate in 20k+ players (it'd be more if the game was new).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

The game was getting there quite nicely in June 2006, Vahrokh, so I don't doubt that it has the capability of getting there again.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Lack of Vista compatibility is a growing issue, but I think mainly it's just that people's attentions are being drawn to the brand new high-powered, crazy graphics-y games that keep being released at the moment.

There's also a large trend right now for MMO games to be entirely free to play, with the game profits coming from an in-game store. While I really don't hope to see that happen on here, it's likely that were Horizons to start doing this, there would be a moderate population explosion almost immediately.

The problem with one of those store things of course is that it creates a class-based system where players who spend tons of money can buy their way to the top, while the players who are poorer end up with weaker characters and no room for expansion.

I have played multiple online mmorpg's that were free to play, but there is mostly a catch.
    A regular mmorpg requires a monthly fee and allowes you to do every thing you want or can within certain rules.
    Many other games I have played were free yes, but the catch was that for better stuff you had to pay real life money.
    Like that game many seem to like called BiteFight... Free to play unless you want to be the best.
    And if you want to be the best, you can better play a regular monthly fee because for me it was always more expensive then a game like Isteria or SWG (before the screwup).

Other then that I believe that indeed the vista isue is part of what keeps population down and hope that somehow it will be fixed in the future.

but anyway... back on topic...

After the patch many components are dropping at a better rate then they used to so it will become easier to hunt for them ourselves.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The only thing I have to rant is that we where not allowed to build the new bris building! Would have given the community builders on order again something to do!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

True that!! I had wondered why they just decided to flip the switch and not let the community come together to build the community buildings..

OTher than flipping the switch gets it in there faster (though I would say probably not by much, the Order community anyway would have probably chewed through that construction in less than 48 hours...lol).

I like the change s- I put stuff up on the Bristugo connie that hadn't sold in months at Aug. connie - and a few bits had already sold by thte time I logged off a few hours later. Consolidation of selling options FTW!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information