Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: veteran reward?

Default Re: veteran reward?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    True veterans are the ones that grew up hauling speed 8 cargo disks full of bronze or sandstone to the consigners in the four original starting towns - walking through the waist-deep snow with no road bonus, uphill both ways....

And they were thankful for that salt rock bonus!!!

Did they kill gruoks with old tomes?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

real old timers deleted scads of essence of blight as a useless crafting bonus drop that took up waaaaay too much bulk...
    c'mon folks, what else defines a real old timer?

actually, this is kind of off track for this thread, i'll start a new one for this under fun stuff. :-)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

True veterans are the ones that grew up hauling speed 8 cargo disks full of bronze or sandstone to the consigners in the four original starting towns - walking through the waist-deep snow with no road bonus, uphill both ways....

and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing hallalujah!!

you try to tell the young folks of today that, and they don't believe you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JK5kChbRw
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hey I definitely did that (only it was harling speed 8 cargo disks around the hills of Chiconis to fill our hoard with tier I gems...ahh I remember when those hills were filled with hatchies ).

But we were NEVER thankful for that saltrock bonus!!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Real old timers remember when silos came in one size, had doors you had to clear in order to build, and couldn't hold ANYTHING.

Later, when you put one something in a silo that was open to you, it was in EVERY silo in the community that was open to you.

Or how about they remember when iron and nickel had to be made into bars individually before they could be made into steel bars? Or when iron and silver were mined just outside Sslanis in a two-tiered crater mountain?

OOO, I know! Remember when Dalimond had a flourishing sandstone and bronze field, right beside the cows? You had to watch for the enraged wisps because they'd attack you while you were gathering!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

real old timers leveled from 65 - 100 on animated marrows and tier 4 spells.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    I did 60 to 100 doing wraith quests and cursed wolves quests. Over, and Over, and over.

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    Bah, kill 30 cursed wolves FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

My God how I hated the salt rock bonus

Real old timers have been around longer than me. >_>
    <----clicky!

Ah those lovely super slow cargo disks...but real veterans remember you could park the disk at the field, run into town and when you reattached the disk it would magically port to you

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Ah those lovely super slow cargo disks...but real veterans remember you could park the disk at the field, run into town and when you reattached the disk it would magically port to you

Drev
    Man, what I'd give for that function nowadays...

On launch day:

I remember spending most of my time trying to find zombies on the starting islands for that quest.

Collect 10 Zombie Fingers and bring them to ________.

100 hatchies.
    1 in 20? drop-rate.
    1 goal.

I think that quest drove me insane X.x

I also remember all those beetles north of Dralk, where if you turned left into Char you would get swarmed by them. Oh and there was that giant flaming-thing, forgot what he was, so long ago since I last saw him.

~Sssasha PinkWing & Sssargon

The giant flaming thing was the named fire golem in that small fortress in dralk that is still there but sadly abadonned. The golem was often sitting in the small mini volcano there hehe.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ah I wasn't sure :P I just remember a bunch of us trying to kill him.. we failed badly (We were all level 30 or so If I remember rightly) but it was fun, he was massive! I do remember being scared of him at first... it was fun.

It's a shame I couldn't continue playing after my first initial subscription. I didn't let my parents know if was a pay to play game and they refused to let me use their Visa, even if I was supplying the money for it. Phooey.

But I am back and action, thanks to Paypal and German Bank-to-Paypal money transfer and I have no intent on leaving!

~Sssasha PinkWing & Sssargon

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Or inventory lag so bad you could gather & gather & gather without anything showing up in inventory. Gather for half an hour, then race to the processor once the first few items started to appear, praying that you'd make it before everything showed up & rooted you to the spot...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Hey I definitely did that (only it was harling speed 8 cargo disks around the hills of Chiconis to fill our hoard with tier I gems...ahh I remember when those hills were filled with hatchies ).

But we were NEVER thankful for that saltrock bonus!!
    Or that hoard decay!

Thread Information