Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: veteran reward?

Default veteran reward?

So what are the conditions to receive a veteran reward? And how to claim it?
    The npc does not want to give me anything-
    I`ve been paying and playing since VI took over (and before- for sure^^), and have an anual sub atm .

How do I get the year of the phoenix banner pattern? (in planning mod its buggy: white background, only visible on one side)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: veteran reward?

They have not determined that as of the last time we asked. Which was about a week ago.

Lov asked also about the phoenix banner what is proably a vet reward. Why is then the banner ingame? A slip through?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Maybe I got something wrong- I thought the rewards are ingame already- sry

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i think the vendor is here now, but the reward system itself has not been implemented yet..........
    altho i haven't login for a few days to find out.......

speaking of, more info on the basics of how this is gonna work would be nice.
    for instance, i have 3 alts on my account - who will get the reward?
    vel is my main, snake is my bro's alt and mw is my draggy. do i get to pick who gets the reward or will they be spread around or what?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I think the assets are in, I saw them patched out the last time I left Blight. Just the tokens to get them have not been awarded yet.

thy for info

We wanted to get the reward items & systems in place before beginning the reward process. Any in-game items have to be added to the game through the normal delta process, just like everything else.

Other games do things like this the same way; we're just showing a greater degree of openness and transparency.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Speaking of sneak previews, I recall someone saying something about a phoenix shoulder buddy...

Yes I saw shoulder buddies Mask for dragons and I am not sure what else.

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    Speaking of sneak previews, I recall someone saying something about a phoenix shoulder buddy...
    I want.

Banners and murals, too.

i hope people who has been around since 2005 gets the rewards. *hopes*

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    *grins* I guess I can try to hack the def files a bit to see how they look like.

Will there be rewards for six month subscriptions? And if you have two six month subs (at the same time) will you just get two tokens? Oh boy, I'm excited! :3
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    i hope people who has been around since 2005 gets the rewards. *hopes*
    I doubt that if you haven't been paying since VI took over. I am around since beta but started to make at sub at VI after the Unity transfers where offical, so even I am an veteran I won't get the rewards soon I suppose.

But I don't need a emblem/banner/buddy etc to tell me that I am an veteran, I know it myself, the old items that I have in my valut are enough proof and my friends know it also.

I wished the vet rewards would go after creation date, but that bubble already bursted into little sparkles.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

a shoulder buddy mask??? Ar?? How does that work exactly??

*looks over at the mask sitting on her shoulder* XD

As for the time requirement on the rewards, odds are they are going to have to go from when VI took over. I mean we have many players who have paid since day one without a skip (me a month after day one but hey), we have many players who quit paying when "they who shall not be named" took over not because they didn't support the game or love "Them who were VI before", but because they COULD stop paying and play for free, and then we have those who have only paid since VI took over or more recent.

So I imagine it woudl be hard to sort out all the types of "veteran" players we have. And try to reward accordingly.

They have to draw the line somewhere. Wether that be at 1 year subs (I hope not, I had a year long sub before the grandfathered gifted expired and if I'd had the option I would have continued on at that sub level), or 6 month subs (where I'm at now), or just "Some type of sub since VI took over long as it was continuous" which I think to me seems the most fair.

I mean "true veterans" how do you even define that anymore. Us old types would say "those of us who subbed the first year and never gave up" but that would piss off a lot of valuable long-time players .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

LOL sorry that should be Shoulder buddy and a mask for dragons. Curse bosses looking over the shoulders while I am surfing.

From what I have seen they are only going to reward for the time they have owned the game. They said they may look father back but made no promises. They talk about it down in the blight forums a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    I mean "true veterans" how do you even define that anymore.
    True veterans are the ones that grew up hauling speed 8 cargo disks full of bronze or sandstone to the consigners in the four original starting towns - walking through the waist-deep snow with no road bonus, uphill both ways....

And they were thankful for that salt rock bonus!!!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Oh New Vassarak(sp?), how I miss you....

I'm curious as to how these rewards are going to work too actually. Heh the wait is almost painful. :P Worth it I am sure though.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Thread Information