Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beginner and Journeyman Promote Intellect formulas

Default Re: Beginner and Journeyman Promote Intellect formulas

Special (I leave it up to the devs to determine what is special) forms and techs I have 0 issues with being quested for, rare dropped, or purchased after doing a quest like on Eilen. I firmly believe, though that all normal forms and techs from T1-T5 should be purchaseable with either coin, bounty markers, or lore tokens. Special quests to gain access to the merchants would be perfectly acceptable.

Remove bounty markers from drops, rescale tech purchase costs up to T5 and create bounty marker rewards as an option to the current xp/coin rewards on trophies. It doesn't have to be as elaborate as the 5 level tierings for xp/coin. Just make all T1 trophies worth 1 marker, T2 worth 2, T3 worth 3, etc. The number of tropies currently dropped might have to be cut back a bit, as some common mobs appear to have 3-4 loot slots and few items to fill them with already.

Set up an exchange rate and NPC for bounty markers <--> lore tokens and tack on an exchange surcharge.

These changes give multiple paths to acquiring techs and forms and takes a large chunk of items off the loot tables, hundreds of individual formulas and techs sitting in hundreds of guild halls can be replaced by a few stacks of IBMs and/or tokens, and much less annoying form spam for pure adventurers.

Another option I would support would be to only make up to T4 purchaseable and add T5 to chests; not necessarlily Labyrinth chests, but overland spawn chests as well when/if they are added.

Drev

I had no problem hunting for the Promote Intellect form, took 2 days to find it.

Be happy to put some t1 and t2 versions on New Trismus consignor for new players. Keep in mind that t1 is only +18 power and focus. kinda small effect not even available until level 9 (spell requirement). i.e. not game breaking either way.

The new formulas that have been added for dragons (Primal Heal, Gift of Velocity, Promote Intellect, and heck even the Tool Claw) are hard to find, but the products are not. All you have to do is ask around for a player to make you something. Because of this, I don't really see what difference offering the formula to everyone on NPC trainers would make. *shrugs*
    <----clicky!

I suppose the difference is that it makes things more interesting. There's increased player interaction now that not everyone can make their own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSuns View Post
    I suppose the difference is that it makes things more interesting. There's increased player interaction now that not everyone can make their own stuff.
    And this may be the effect intended.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Interesting idea. I'd vote for all forms to be drop-only, except for a few very basic beginner ones that are quested for.
    So, let me get this straight.

Promote vitality - Beg and Jman - was available from the very beginning, on trainers.

Promote intellect - Beg and Jman - is drop only? Certainly you can see this was an obvious oversight in spell choice from December 2003. Hello?

Hello? Were the Helian dragons, that would naturally favor such a spell, sleeping and so inept?

Make it consistent.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You can all argue about it to your heart's delight, but just because item A was done one way doesn't mean that item B has to be done that way. Its lootable, have fun finding it. It isn't gonna change.
    So much for lore. :: sighs ::
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Xarinnis in parsi sells the beginner promote intellect, gift of velo and primal health formula now.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

This is completely so late that it doesn't even matter anymore, but if I had been following this topic when it was still relevant, I would've agreed with Zex.

Promote Intellect = Promote Vitality, if they're equivalents of each other for each version of dragon, why aren't they the same to get? It kinda escapes the point of them being equivalents.

Just because I can. 83

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden View Post
    So much for lore. :: sighs ::
    Can you show me in game lore where it makes any mention of new spells being automatically available for anyone and everyone?

How do dragons *need* this spell to compete now? Dragons have gotten by just fine for over 5 years now without it, but all of a sudden it is a game-stopping issue if they can't get the new spell?

I have the perfect solution to the problem...don't ever add any new spells. No muss, no fuss. No dragon vs. biped, crafter vs. adventurer, or caster dragon vs. melee dragon arguments pop up over new content when there isn't any new content.

To hell with the Labyrinth, too, since that is sure to cause some problems when one school/race is able to solo parts of it and others can't, or the loot is "imbalanced" and rewards specific races or schools more than others.

Drev

as a reminder, the thread was not about *make all the new spells available to all*, but was about *promote intellect and promote vitality should be treated the same way, so both drop-only or sold by trainer*.

But why should they both be available? Because they have "promote" in the name? Just because you want them to? I see no compelling reason why ANY new spells, forms, or techs should be available on trainers.

Drev

I have the perfect solution to the problem...don't ever add any new spells. No muss, no fuss. No dragon vs. biped, crafter vs. adventurer, or caster dragon vs. melee dragon arguments pop up over new content when there isn't any new content.
    /sarcasm on

Yeah, great! Now let's just shut down all MMORPGs on the market, too. Because that will fix every problem. OuO

/sarcasm off

But why should they both be available? Because they have "promote" in the name? Just because you want them to? I see no compelling reason why ANY new spells, forms, or techs should be available on trainers.
    ...so crafters can get them? So the casters can play casters?

why shouldn't you hunt for some spells?
    Stuck it in because it fits in with my point. Casters shouldn't have to play warriors for the sake of playing a caster. That just doesn't make sense. o.o

And as has been said, Promote Intellect is something like a Promote Vitality for casters. :P

(Or so I think. I haven't ran across the spell yet. If it hadn't been for a friend telling me, I would never have known there WAS a new spell... XD )

They're like the same--as said, equivalents of one another--only one is more tailored to melee and one more tailored to magic. So if dragons can only actually be melee or magic (or a hybrid), it's a this-or-that... but both to the same effect. Rather than asking 'Why should they be the same', why not ask 'Why should they be different'?

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post

Drev
    I said multiple times :

EITHER both drop-only OR both sold by trainer. The important thing is not how they are found, but that both are found the same way. I personally wouldn't mind both of them being drop-only. But this is a moot point anyway, since now both can be bought.

Thread Information