Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looting Weaker Ghost Ectoplasam - Bug

Default Looting Weaker Ghost Ectoplasam - Bug

I was doing my training quests earlier on Sssargon when I came across a strange bug. Every time I select loot all with my quest item, that being the Weaker Ghost Ectoplasms, the loot will just vanish without a trace. ONLY if the Ghost Vapor are there.

I'm still slightly confused as to why the item is named Weaker Ghost Ectoplasms for the quest but named Weaker? Ghost Vapor on the mobs themselves, or is that the wrong item?

Anyways Lots of hatchlies wont be able to finish their training on New Trismus (Unless it's just me with this bug) and I think it should be looked into!

On a side note, I seem to have 4 unusable spots taken up in my inventory, mysteriously...

I've tried a few relogs, nothing seems to work!

~Sssasha/Sssargon

Default Re: Looting Weaker Ghost Ectoplasam - Bug

Maybe the icon is just broken. Did you click the list mode?

I did, yet, and nothing shows up. It's really strange, I'll post a few screenshots later....if needed.

~Sssasha/Sssargon

Ghostly, is it there or isn't it, how appropriate

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Well the item that was taking up space fiinally appeared.. it was a Depleted Blighted Bronze-Sandstone Health Wing Scale...

I'm off to check if the ectoplasms drop or not!

Ssargon, could you please not delete that blighted scale. I'd like to take a look at it in the database and see what techniques it has on it. One of them is probably bugged and if we can see it then we can try to fix it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

On that note, Amon, I've found blighted biped weapons that occasionally have a bonus to (null) on them. I believe I kept one in my Vault, in the "Biped weapons for sale" pouch. If not, I can probably find you another one...

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Ssargon, could you please not delete that blighted scale. I'd like to take a look at it in the database and see what techniques it has on it. One of them is probably bugged and if we can see it then we can try to fix it.
    I haven't deleted it. It was better than my old wing scale so Sssargon is wearing it. Feel free to have a look at it if you like

From what I see there is only a multitude of stats on it and no special effect. It has:

+10 Health
    +5 Armor
    +15 Mind Resistance
    +6 Dexterity
    +6 Focus

(And then it gives the slot and requirements.)

------------------

I checked to see if the ghost vapors/ectoplasms would loot and no such luck yet.

Which quest are you getting the ectoplasms for?

And that is weird, I looked at them in the database and they look fine. So maybe its the quest.

Sins, thanks. I'll take a look.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    On that note, Amon, I've found blighted biped weapons that occasionally have a bonus to (null) on them. I believe I kept one in my Vault, in the "Biped weapons for sale" pouch. If not, I can probably find you another one...
    I can't see the custom names on stuff unfortunately. And the techs show up with their databse names, not null. What type of weapon was it?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Which quest are you getting the ectoplasms for?

And that is weird, I looked at them in the database and they look fine. So maybe its the quest.

Kerian's Quest: Learn how to socket a chest scale:

9th part in the quest chain.
    Last edited by Sssargon; February 26th, 2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to properly close the tag for the quote! :P

It was a maul. I've found at least three of the null weapons, but I think I only kept one for novelty's sake. I'll go look again in case I still have it...

While I'm on the topic. there are some blighted items that cannot be deconstructed for some reason. I think it's a bug, and I have one in my inventory right now. It's a suppressing blighted tanned hide tunic. Coincidentally, it wins the award for being the worst armor in game - damage dealt to you is ethereal!'

That means there isn't a formula so the game doesn't know what is required to craft it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    Coincidentally, it wins the award for being the worst armor in game - damage dealt to you is ethereal!'
    I think I still have my blighted tanned hide tunic that has two techs of Ethereal damage. You think they missed you the first time, think again.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

The bug that was the original topic of this thread has been fixed on our internal servers. It will require a patch to fix it on the Live servers, though, so just put the quest on temporary hold status until that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The bug that was the original topic of this thread has been fixed on our internal servers. It will require a patch to fix it on the Live servers, though, so just put the quest on temporary hold status until that happens.
    Thank you for the update. I will just work on my crafting untill then!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    If this fix has hit the live servers already, it didn't work on Order. I just killed a lot of Weaker Saris Ghosts on NT island and had exactly this bug. No "Weaker Ghost Ectoplasm" for the quest dropping, and the Weaker Ghost Vapors vanishing when looted.

I did some testing though - if you loot the Vapor by double-clicking it, it vanishes as expected, but at least the other items that dropped are lootable afterwards. However, if you click "loot all" when a corpse has a Vapor in it, either all items disappear, or some of them, or even only the Vapor.
    My guess is that the loot order applied by the system affects the vanishing of the items. Like, when the system loots the Vapor first when you hit "loot all", all following items vanish as well.

Still, this is an annoying bug for Hatchlings, as it is impossible to progress the dragon quest line(s) at this point.
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

IF you had the quest then it would not work. You'd have to drop it and get it again.

I received the quest just a few hours ago...
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

Thread Information